• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Desperate, Gotta sell my '66 HCS!!!

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=CalGTCSdreamer link=board=3;threadid=1138;start=0#msg6250 date=1098124363]
Sorry to hear this. Do you have any pics of the Ranchero and what kind of shape is it in?
[/quote]

No pics of the 'Chero. The body is OK, needs work, but runs great. All the stainless bedtrim is intact and in surprisingly good shape. It needs torqueboxes on both sides. Since posting the website I had an incident in it. I was moving a small block in a crate and a moron pulled out in front of me and I had to hit the brakes (HARD). Well inertia was not my friend that day. The straps held, but the bed hooks didn't. The rear window is busted and the wall needs to be pulled out (not much). Bent just enough so glass won't fit right back in. The same bodyshop that did my '69 will pull it for $100, then it would just need glass. I've located a backglass locally for $75. The trim is still intact. I put a new/used dashpad in it which is in near perfect shape.

The motor/tranny, which is really what makes this car worth much, are near perfect. .060ob C8 302; 10:1 compression; ~270hp; freshened heads. All new valvetrain. Melling cam (similar specs to Edel RPM). Air Gap intake; edel 600cfm carb (tuned for altitude); Stock crank; new pistons; middy hedmann hedder's; dual 2.5" side exit exhaust with crossover and 24" glasspacks. I've towed the '66 and the '69 with the 'Chero on a dolly. Plenty o'torque, but the rearend doesn't help.

It has a fresh rebuild on the column shifted C4 tranny with a TransGo shift kit.

I've got $3500 into just the motor and tranny. 9" open rear with highway gears. Rear suspension has 10 leaves on each side (really) and coilover shocks. It's as solid as a rock. I bought it from a guy who loaded the bed and towed a trailer for his garage band. Motor has ~1000 miles on it and the tranny has ~2000.

The motor that almost embedded itself into the back of my head is the original block from the 'Chero. C-code 289, running when pulled, but needs rebuilt.

Magnum

I attempted to pull up your link but a message stating it was unavailable came up. I tried at least twice more and got the same response.

Thanks,

stiknmud

klmore

It didn't work for me today either, but it did yesterday.

Please email me the info again and I will email it out to my fellow Mustang club members. Please include parts and price.

Thanks

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

Sorry guys. My website got shutdown yesterday. I lost internet and am working from the business center in my apartment complex. I'm trying to find someone to host it.

For those of you who saw it prior to the shutdown. I'd like to get $3000 for the HCS which comes with everything. I'd like to break even on the Ranchero if anybody's interested ($4k). If it were just the body I'd take $1k, but with the brand new motor and tranny...

I'll make a list of all the new and used parts and bodywork done and post it tomorrow.

Roughly the car has a new quarter, new patches all around where necessary, no bondo. GTY/CS style trunklid and caps along with the original. complete AC unit I pulled from a parts car. Lots more, including T-bird taillights assemblies if the buyer wants to convert it.

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=66 Dearborn HCS link=board=3;threadid=1138;start=0#msg6251 date=1098127307]
The motor/tranny, which is really what makes this car worth much, are near perfect. .060ob C8 302; 10:1 compression; ~270hp; freshened heads. All new valvetrain. Melling cam (similar specs to Edel RPM). Air Gap intake; edel 600cfm carb (tuned for altitude).
[/quote]

I forgot to add that it's also running a brand new MSD "ready to run" distributor with MSD wires.

hotrod69dfw

Banned
How does $800 sound for the HCS? From the pictures, it looks like it needs a lot of work to be restored to orginal condition. E-mail me back.

bish

[quote author=hotrod69dfw link=board=3;threadid=1138;start=0#msg6274 date=1098337604]
How does $800 sound for the HCS? From the pictures, it looks like it needs a lot of work to be restored to orginal condition. E-mail me back.
[/quote]

Man, That's in insult.
Make the guy a fair offer if you are interested.

Bish

carvensno

Hotrod, this is a HCS, not just another coupe man, i agree with bish. what an insult. :mad:

if it was me, id tell ya to fly a kite!!!!!!!! ;D

hotrod69dfw

Banned
Whatever guys, this doesn't involve you, try to stay outta other peoples business. I haven't heard back about the car yet, I might bump my offer up to $850 since you are having trouble selling the car. After all, it doesn't even have a motor or tranny, and the only difference between it and a coupe is the HCS sheilds. E-mail me back if you still have internet access, I don't know if that got cut off cause you couldn't pay the bills.

CalPaul

You are right Hotrod, this is not other people's biz, so communicate with the seller in private. You are displaying yourself in this forum as vulture circling a guy down on his luck.