• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need One Tail Lamp Reinforcement Plate

case12

When I got my GT/CS at Thanksgiving and went through it, I found it had all the tail light reinforcement plates except one of the small ones.

Paul describes these in his first book on page 46. These are the plates used on the CS and Shelbys to protect the unique tail lights and are metal plates with a large bump that you see from inside the trunk.

I need only 1 small one (the one that attaches with two screws) - not a whole set. I can only guess it got misplaced by a previous owner's restoration. Please let me know if someone has one they would like to sell.

If I can't find one, I may have a local metal shop try to make it.

Thanks, Casey

donsonn

If you are only one short, take one of your existing small plates and make a fibreglass mold from it. A few layers of fibreglass mesh, gel, trim, paint and install it, and I guarantee you will not be able to tell the difference. Just as strong also.