• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Highland Green GT/CS Wanted

GTCSMustang

I've put this on here before but have not had any luck yet...but thought I'd try it again.

I'm interested in purchasing a Highland Green GT/CS in any condition with any engine/trans combination. If anybody has one or knows where one is, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks

Scott

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

My first Shelby Mustang was Highland Green. I have always liked that color.

Mustanglvr

;D Oh yeah it is. With my financial situation the way it is I doubt if I`d ever get the chance to buy another one in my lifetime, so I`m gonna hang on to it as long as I can. If it gets to where I can`t even to afford to keep it in good shape then I will consider making the sacrifice :'( of selling it to someone who can, if only to preserve the integrity of the car. I care too much for the car to let it rust away or to insult it by not keeping it running and beautiful. But I will keep you in mind. I know you will find one. I`ve learned that Highland Green was one of the top 5 colors chosen for these cars, so I`m sure in time one will come your way.
:) Rhonda

tealgm

Scott:

I have a 68 GT/CS that is presently candyapple red but was origionally highland green. The car is a strong #2 condition and was completely restored in 1991. It is in the registry and I have the Marti report verifing the color and options which are as follows: California Special, Highland Green paint, Black vinyl roof, Black standard bucket seats, 302-4v, 3.00 axle, C-4 auto, console, deluxe steering wheel, power disc brakes, power steering, air conditioner, AM radio, tinted glass deluxe seatbelts, deluxe wheel covers. I purchased this car to go with my collectins. It was restored at least 2 owners prior to my obtaining it. The car runs great. there is no floor pan/frame rail/lower quarter or door rust. No body panel issues. The car was painted in 1991 (base/clear) and still looks very good(better than a lot I have seen at car shows lately). The engine bay could use sprucing up a little and I,m planning to do this this summer unless I sell the car. The only changes from the Marti report above are: the AM radio has been replaced by a Pioneer AM/FM by a previous owner(no dash cutting), candyapple red, the vinyl roof was deleted when restored but I have the origional vinyl roof mouldings, has Shelby 10 spoke wheels instead of the deluxe wheel covers. The black standard interior is really nice, an 8 out of 10. The only real issue is the vinyl top of the console is a little warped. Like I mentioned, I bought this car for my collection because of all the options and how nice it was. I am planning on selling the car as I have purchased a 65 fastback that will be undergoing a complete restoration and I could use more space. I've got the car listed conservatively at $23,500. I would take $22,000 without the Shelby wheels and tires(you supply the wheels and tires). If you interested, I could e-mail you pictures. I hope this reply is adequate as I am new to this site.
Thanks,
Michael
gmtfordman@centurytel.net[ :)quote author=GTCSMustang :)link=board=3;threadid=1307;start=0#msg7498 date=1104798666]
I've put this on here before but have not had any luck yet...but thought I'd try it again.

I'm interested in purchasing a Highland Green GT/CS in any condition with any engine/trans combination. If anybody has one or knows where one is, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks

Scott

Jcode4speed

I have a J code 4 speed Gt/Cs that i have just decided to sell it is Highland green with saddle interior with torq thrust wheels the paint is new as well as the interior. It has a very strong 302 in it. It is beautiful. this is the oringal combo one of 2. I have Marti works as well. if you are still interested ;D

Mustanglvr

Hey Jcode4speed,
Whats the combo you`re talking about? Is it between the interior color and the exterior color? Or the engine and the exterior color? My GT/CS is Highland green with the Saddle interior. Is mine the other one of two you are talking about? That would be so cool. :D Rhonda