• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lookout for Bogus '96 CS Registry Books

P

PNewitt

A member of the message boards just pointed out to me about the potential of someone(s) copying my 1996 GT/CS Registry, and selling them on EBAY for over $100. This edition was easy to copy, since there is no 4-color cover like the '88 Edition.

As vigilant as some of you are about what's out there on EBAY, I would appreciate anyone looking out for this.

I never sold more than two to anyone--except Tony Branda Performance--so if the same vendor on EBAY "seems to have several", then something is up.

Obviously, this is illegal, to violate a copyright. If anyone finds this--please mention it here.

When my new Registry comes out--it will have a four color cover, and each copy will be signed and numbered.

Thanks!

Paul M. Newitt
(author, 1988 GT/CS Recognition Guide, 1996 GT.CS Registry)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've wondered about this too, but didn't want to bring it up for fear of giving a non-honest person ideas. :-X

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I think that bringing this out in the open will "find" the offender(s).

This group here is pretty vigilant--and sharp. I see how they spot "fake" CS cars all the time.

I have a lawyer if I need to take legal action against this.

Thanks!

Paul.

p.s. if someone is "desperate" to get a copy of the '88 and/or the '96 editions--they can e-mail me and I can make them a "special" (and signed) copy for less than what "bogus copies" that may be on Ebay (not to devalue any legit copies sold there).

19HCS68

Paul,

I would also like a copy of the 88 edition as well as the 2005. Please send me a personal message to me on this site for info in obtaining these fine works.

Thank you,

Gary

DJM75

When is the next one going to be coming out? I'm just wondering if I'm gonna have time to get mine in the book? And if so what the cutoff date is? Thanks
Don

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just wanted to make it clear that my initial comment here was not intended to point any fingers at anyone in particular that happened to be selling my book(s) on EBAY (or other sites).

There is a member here who has sold a few "legitimate" copies of my 1996 book, on EBAY. I was not aware of that situation.

There was no intent of ill will to anyone. It was meant as a generic comment only.

If I've offended anyone selling "real" copies of my book, I apolgize.

Paul Newitt

clipper

Hi Paul,
I have tried to bid on E-bay for the 96 registry with no luck. I would be very interested in taking you up on your kind offer to buy one from you. Please e-mail me and let me know. I bought my California Special a year ago and the previous owner had your first registry that came with the car. I am looking foward to the new registry as well. All the best. Scott

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I need to think this through--about making photo copies of my 1996 book. If I open that door, then I might not get to close it.

I would rather focus on the new book right now, and get a better product to you all. I hope that you all understand.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

for the record I have a line on 5 copies of the 96 registry on their way to me. pretty sure they are legit. I paid a little for them but will resell them here or on Ebay as long as they are real. I won't be overcharging anyone on prices as well.

DJM75

Just out of curiosity how much do they run? Paul how much are the new ones going to cost?
Don