• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Kinda new around here....really enjoy the activity recently

DJM75

I don't know. I didn't even know that there was a chance of a new GT/CS until a couple days ago. But then again I've only been posting on this site for a week. ;D But I've only seen one topic on a new GT/CS.
Don

klmore

I have been lurking around here for about a year now and I have noticed the site picking up a bit. If they build a new GT/CS I have a feeling this site could take on a life of it's own .
I have been planning on trading in my Marauder for a new Mustang, but I have since decided to hold off to see if they build a GT/CS or a Shelby.

I plan on starting my GT/CS restoration in January or February of 06 and I figure it will take about six months from start to finish. (I'm doing a great deal of ground work prior to starting). It sure would be nice to have a new one to match it. :D

rjw

Although the chance of a "new" California Special has garnered much attention, this board has a history of being "active" prior to that revelation. You have a core group of enthusiats, of which most, but not all, are GTCS owners. There are some very knowledgable folks that frequent this site, and willing to share their knowledge in helping others, both present and potential owners. I agree with you that if a new GTCS is released, this fine site will see increased traffic, and many of the questions we owners receive at shows (i.e.,"What exactly is this?") will be rephrased a little differently ("Oh yes, I was looking at the web site about the original California Special...")
Richard

PFSlim

I agree with Richard. This site is the greatest for getting information. Had it not been for this site, my brother Brian and I would have been starved for information about how to build a GT/CS.

In all truth, I have never seen a site like this one. Everyone treats everyone with respect. The new guys can ask any question they want and feel comfortable that they will not be blasted because of their lack of knowledge.

In turn, those of us who have asked alot of questions and received great information from the host of knowledge that is on this site should be greatful and it is my mission to stay on the site and continue to pass along good ideas and advise whenever possible.

If the new GT/CS is built, that is great. But if not, I enjoy the company of those who frequent this site, the exchange of great ideas, and lastly the respect that each shows for one another and their cars.

My hat's off to those members of this site.

Best Regards

Paul

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, good points Paul.

The members on this site really are great to each other. Most forums have more than their share of bickering and know-it-all members who like to put others down.

But this group isn't like that. The members are very knowledgeable, but not condescending at all. New members are welcomed and treated with respect regardless of how "basic" their questions are.

And I definitely thank all of you for it. :)

The forums are fairly active, but really it's a very small group compared to other sites. I run another forum with over 5000 members. It's also a great group and better than most forums, but with that many people you start to get more egos involved and personality conflicts can cause friction.

I actually really like the size of this site, and I don't really expect it will grow a whole lot. Part of that is because of the small niche it serves. Because it caters to a limited production car, there are only so many still left out there, and therefor only so many owners. A new GT/CS may bring in more traffic, which would be great. I just don't want to grow so big we lose that personal touch we have now.

That being said, I hope to spend more time here this year. We had our first baby exactly a year ago and it's definitely eaten into my time to work on the HCS (and this site) Hopefully I can remedy that this year. :)

P

PNewitt

There's nothing that I can add, but to thank Jon and everyone who makes this a great message board.

This type of respect and mutual admiration for the car has been evident in the mail I've received from the registry for many years. I think that it has a lot to do with how people actually "love" their GT/CS and HCS. This is a common thread in the mail I've gotten since 1985.

As far as Mustang sites go (and car sites in general), I agree that we are fortunate to have such a supportive and enthusiastic group as we are.

I'm not sure about what Ford has in mind, but I can say that I was told that Ford wants to do limited editions with the Mustang (and I hope they also make a Mustang Hybrid, too).

I wish to thank everyone here for the respect and support to me personally, and for the registry and the books that I've done. I feel kinda like it's "family" when I visit here.

There is more coming...in the way of a book and possible other goodies.

Thanks again--

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar