• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

photos of my GT/CS getting close to where I want it

390cs68rcode

Bought this from a fellow board member (along with another 68 as well) about 3-4 months ago. I just had 1-12 hours of buffing completed on the paint. If you look at the car and it looks like it has clear coat over the paint, it does not! This car is a 47,000 original mile car with the original exhaust, 1970 dated tires and just about 90% of everything under the hood is original. I have just added NOS GT hubcaps, wheelwell molding, completely restored grill/foglight/radiator area with correct colors used. I have replaced the rear reflectors, front signal lights, NOS CS script on one side (looking for another one to replace the repro), underhood light installed and a bunch of other NOS goodies.

She is going to have a complete engine detail with repainting, new white vinyl top, new headliner and new repro fromt bumper (gonna have the original rechromed but don't want to be without the car for 3 weeks). Also gonna replace the trunk lid stripe.

enjoy the photos

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs5.jpg

cs6.jpg

cs7.jpg

cs8.jpg

cs9.jpg

cs10.jpg

cs11.jpg

DJM75

Lookin Great!!!! That Buff job looks really good. I hope mine looks as good someday.
Don

rjw

Wow, that looks great! I hope you are going to attend some MCA shows this year...and bring your car. That low mileage beauty must have escaped the attention of some other members of the forum...
Richard

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=rjw link=board=1;threadid=1453;start=0#msg8516 date=1110249574]
Wow, that looks great! I hope you are going to attend some MCA shows this year...and bring your car. That low mileage beauty must have escaped the attention of some other members of the forum...
Richard
[/quote]

Have not bought a enclosed trailer yet so shows outside the Houston or Dallas areas are ones I might miss with this one. I will probably fly out to some show somewhere this year for a quickie vacation.

actually this car was bought off this site. look at the long for sale string with 2 CS's for sale. I also bought another 68 non CS from the same person. He sure knows how to find nice cars.

donsonn

Paint looks great. Just curious as to what products and techniques you used on it.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=donsonn link=board=1;threadid=1453;start=0#msg8519 date=1110252645]
Paint looks great. Just curious as to what products and techniques you used on it.
[/quote]

I did not do the buffing ( wish I could take credit). He used a few different 3M products.