• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stevenson World of Wheels

PFSlim

Okay. We are back from World of Wheels and wanted to update everyone as to what happened.

On Weds, we pulled the Cal Spec in for classification. The judge asked me if we did any alternations to the car. I told him a few small things and he said "open the hood". Then he counted the valve covers (powered by Ford), chrome oil caps, and chrome air breather. Then stated we had to much chrome and classifed us as Custom Conservative Hardtop 1960-1969. We felt like we should have been in the Restored 1960-1969 classification.

Anyway, I spoke to my judge about it when he visited the car and he told us that it was incorrect and that we did not have enough changes to place us in that classification but then stated "what can you do??"

They ended up breaking down Custom Conservative Hardtop 1960-1969 to 1960-1965, 1966-1967, 1968-1969. So we ended up competing against all Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, etc., 68's and 69's.

We placed "Outstanding of Class" (which is second place in our class). A really nice, very modified 1969 Eleanor clone called "Emma Jane" beat us.

So. We were very happy. Brian took "Outstanding in Class" as well with his AC Cobra replica.

I had so many questions about the Cal Spec. As well, I hoped to recruit a few new members of guys who said they own GT/CS's but had no idea what they were. I advised them to look at this site and send in their registration to Paul N. as soon as possible.

Long story but we had a great weekend.

Paul

68gt390

Paul, congrats on your placement in the show. That's great. Unfortunately, that's one of the problems you have when you compete in a show that is basically judging all models not just "MUSTANG" or "FORD". People don't have enough knowledge about the cars and their factory equipment. I have judged at both local shows and other events which included everything from street rods to customs. The one thing I have learned is if you don't know, ask somebody for help. As for the one judge saying "what can you do", you change the classification and put the car in it's proper class. You don't compound the problem by leaving a classification error as is. That's just my way of doing it. I know there are those who judge cars and don't want to take the extra step to correct an error. To me that's just wrong. Again, congrats on your placement. You have much to be proud of.

Don 8)

rvrtrash

Way to go guys! ;D I think you did a great job on your car and deserve all the praise you get.
Steve

bbeatty

Way to go Paul! ;D ;D ;D

The car really looked great in the show. Thanks for educating everyone on the GT/CS. Those were some long hours you put in this weekend!

Hopefully we'll soon hear from those other GT/CS owner's in Shawnee who stopped by as well.

hookedtrout

Congrats on the placement at the show, that's awesome for a first time out with it. I'll be as time goes on you'll know what needs to be where and what needs to be done and as Larry the Cable Guy says, "Get'r Done" I'm sure you will, as it's a beauty.

Goes to show how much lack of knowledge there is out there about the GT/CS. GT/CS owners don't even know what they have in a lot of cases. I know when I bought mine I didn't have a clue what it was other than a Mustang and awesome looking and I had to have it. ;D

Hook

Russ

It is so nice seeing a GT/CS get the recognition it deserves. Congrats...you have a beautiful car. Russ

rjw

Great job! I bet you said "...and they made a little over 4,000 of them..." about 100 times! I can also guess another of your quotes from the weekend "I'm sorry, it is not for sale!"
Congratulations!
Richard

P

PNewitt

"A really nice, very modified 1969 Eleanor clone called "Emma Jane" beat us."

Unless I'm missing something here--how does a car like that make it in as "Custom Conservative" (which kinda sounds like an oxymoron, anyway)....

Anyway--I applaud you first for winning--and for showing others what a GT/CS is. You should get a medal for being the "GT/CS Ambassador (you are so deservadly knighted by the GT/CS "guru").

I think I'll write this "little note" in the new registry that you can take and copy and hand (with a coy smirk) to the JUDGE... basically saying:

"this Mustang GT/CS was factory built at the San Jose Ford plant, with A.O. Smith (Shelby) parts; and that a diseased YAK will sneeze on your face, if you put it in "modified" class without good reason otherwise".

Congrats!

Paul N. 8)

case12

Paul, So it was the chrome accessories that put you in the modified category? - not that it was a GT/CS?

Congrats - I see you put your pics on the gallery of the show. Car looks great and looks like you had the poster and other material out to educate everyone on what this unique car is all about.

Way to go! Casey

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Casey

You are correct. The "Powered By Ford" valve covers (not chrome), chrome air breather, and chrome (Ford Motorsports) oil caps put is in the Custom Conservative Hardtop classification. Judge counted three, another said I could have ten mods.

Paul