• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

This Hotwheels '68 Mustang may sell for more than your real one!

Mustanglvr

:eek:Gee, its cute, but I really would`nt pay that much for a car I could`nt drive! Rhonda

Mosesatm

Looks like some people have way too much money! $15,000 for a toy car????

Mustanger

I wonder what may be the listed collector value for this toy really is, or whether this is just another example of e-bay bidders getting caught up in the auction frenzy...

68gt390

I have to agree with Rhonda. That kinda money could do a lot for both my cars.

Since we are talking about diecast models thought I'd give you the latest info on the model of my 68 GT that I've received and it won't cost $17,000. First prototype model should be out in April or May 05 with a production release date at that time. They are sending me photo's to review at the same time. Once that is done they will go into production. Scale will be 1/18th. They still aren't sure of color. Latest on the CS is release sometime in 06.

Don ;D

Mosesatm

For those who don't know, the 11th commandment was, and I quote, "Thou shalt clad the 2006 CS in Highland Green hues adorned white stripes". Any other color would be blasfemous, blasphamous, ah hell, you know what I mean......blasphemous!

Moses

Mr. Shelby Guy

I personally am into the Hot Wheels Cars (I have a few cars myself, but none that are that much). I have never seen a car like that before. Since it's a prototype, it will definetly bring in big bucks and since it's the Mustang, I wouldn't be surprised if it brought $20,000-$25,000 for it.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Well the auction is over at $20,100 :eek:

Check out the winning bidders other wins. He (she?) has spent over $43,000 on 3 cars!

case12

Holy smokes! I am going to look in my dresser to see if I kept any of my old ones (unfortunately too many of mine went into the sand box, saw a firecracker, or went through that really cool battery powered hot wheels car wash that shot them back onto the track). Casey

hookedtrout

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=4;threadid=1491;start=0#msg8840 date=1111635660]
You spelled it wrong Arlie. It's spelled
ALCAPULCO BLUE lol
[/quote]

Boy am I glad someone can spell. ;D

Hook

Mosesatm

Alcapulco?!! Sounds like one of those furry little llama things. ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=4;threadid=1491;start=0#msg8890 date=1111718437]
Alcapulco?!! Sounds like one of those furry little llama things. ;D
[/quote]

I was just refering to the word BLUE! ;D

Hook

hookedtrout

[quote author=case12 link=board=4;threadid=1491;start=0#msg8859 date=1111692440]
Holy smokes! I am going to look in my dresser to see if I kept any of my old ones (unfortunately too many of mine went into the sand box, saw a firecracker, or went through that really cool battery powered hot wheels car wash that shot them back onto the track). Casey
[/quote]

Makes hard when you watch your kid open that brand new Hot Wheels and head out to the sandbox doesn't it! I've tried convincing him he should collect them but he'll have none of that. I've bought a few Muscle Machines to collect and I just buy him one too then he can play and I have one on the shelf.

Hook