• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Air cleaner snorkle.

rvrtrash

As some of you know, when I bought my car it was basically in boxes. One item missing was the air cleaner snorkle. I have now found two in a wrecking yard but one has a vacumn fitting for the valve and the other doesn't. Which would be correct for a '68 CS with a 302-4V, with air cond. and an automatic (if any of that makes a difference)? Thanks.
Steve

GTCSMustang

The correct snorkle is determined by the build date of the engine and car. Tell me when your car was built (better yet, when the engine was built) and I can tell you which is correct...assuming I can remember where to look it up.

Scott

68sunlitgold

Steve,
I believe that all snorkles had the vacumn by the time the GT/CS came out, I have attached a picture.

Doug

Attachments

• 68_aircleanera.jpg
    68_aircleanera.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Well that's cool! According to Marti, mine was scheduled for the 14th but was a day late. What's the last 3 numbers of your VIN? Mine is 112.
Steve

Mustanglvr

Mine was scheduled for build on May 28th, built May 15th and released May 16th, 13 days ahead of schedule. The last 3 numbers are 217. They don`t seem to be too far apart. Rhonda

GTCSMustang

Early Mustangs had the vacuum controlled override motor, and late Mustangs did not. Ford deemed the servo unnessary about the 1st of April 1968. Cars built later than that should not have the vacuum override motor on the snorkle. If you want to hook up the vacuum line it attaches to the rear of the intake manifold by a blue striped rubber hose. However, I would assume your car did not come with one based on the production date.

Scott