• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 GT/CS and New Shelby

68sunlitgold

Now we're talking....this is what I expected for the next Shelby. Hook, you're right they did a nice job on the scoops, and the rear spoiler was intergrated very nicely too.

Doug

68gt390

Now that's what I expected to see from Shelby and Ford. At least somebody has the right idea. Maybe Ford will catch on and see what folks are really looking for.

Don ;)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Sadly, I have never driven a 67 or 68 Shelby so I don't know how much of a blind spot is created by the upper scoops. I'll bet the upper scoops really cut the rearward vision in this car. Now if they were to also add some rear window slats....

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1518;start=0#msg9068 date=1111987054]
Sadly, I have never driven a 67 or 68 Shelby so I don't know how much of a blind spot is created by the upper scoops. I'll bet the upper scoops really cut the rearward vision in this car. Now if they were to also add some rear window slats....
[/quote]

It's OK, when you're in a Shelby there's no looking back! ;D ;D ;D

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1518;start=0#msg9068 date=1111987054]
[/quote]

"Blind Spot" ? Well, there was a technique that was taught when I went through the Sherrif's Academy that can help get rid of that blind spot.

Drivers Side:
1. Set your rear view mirror.
2. Roll both side windows up.
3. Place your head against the drivers side glass and set your drivers side mirror just so the edge of the vehicle shows up. That side is complete.

Passenger Side:
1. Lean halfway over towards the passenger side window.
2. Set your passenger side mirror just so the edge of the vehicle shows up (same as above). Your done.

The problem that creates a blind spot is that most drivers like to pull their side mirrors in until they see the side of their vehicle while sitting in the seat, this is what creates the blind spot (mirrors are pulled in to close). By using the above procedure you can now see vehicles in your rear view mirror as they approach you from behind. As they disappear from the rear view mirror simply look in the side mirror and there they are as they approach the rear of your vehicle. This eliminates the blind spot. At first I had a hard time adjusting but, as I went through the academy it became easier and easier to adjust. This works very well, especially at high speeds.

Don ;)

bish

Great advice- Don
That information is dead on

oh ya, the upper side scoops on a 68 Shelby don't cause any "blind spots"