• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Green Hornet Photos

Mosesatm

It sure looks like the Green Hornet but Paul is probably the only person who could answer that question with any confidence.

A lot of people will probably argue the point but I think that car looks much better than a '68 Shelby fastback.

Bill, maybe when your shell comes back from the stripper........

case12

The first photo is exactly the same one used in Paul's article on the green hornet in Mustang Monthly Nov 94. The rest of the photos look correct as well. (though only Paul would know for sure if it is a clone - if it is a clone, it is a near perfect one). As for Cosby, Paul's article says this car was named after a Cosby "Fat Albert" character. Paul,through his book, was responsible for finding this amazing car - and it is an important heritage to the GT/CS and HCS. Casey

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... So is this the car in the 200 mph record, or was it a different car that Cosby was talking about? ???

nfrntau

If any of you would be so kind as to donate all the neccessary parts I will do my best to clone this and certainly include your name in the credits.
One side point, I can't paint it green.

case12

I believe that the Cosby car you are talking about would be Little Red (another prototype coupe with 428CJ and Paxton super charger). The Green Hornet was not supercharged and ran average top speed of 157mph. I couldnt find anything about either car topping 200mph. Paul is THE expert on this. Casey

Mosesatm

So what exactly prompted this string? Is the car for sale?

Mustanglvr

:)Mustanger wants to know if those are pictures of the real Green Hornet. I would like to know too.

Rhonda

Mosesatm

If you look at the independent rear suspension my guess is that it's either the real Green Hornet or someone spent an awful lot of money making a fake. By just looking at the pictures I don't know if anyone can tell.

bish

Those pictures are on Martin Eulers web page.
He is the person who restored the Green Hornet. So I'd bet they are. I believe Craig Jackson of Barret-Jackson owns the car now.

P

PNewitt

The IRS in the photos is a reproduction handmade by Martin. When the car was sold off the Ford Corporate lot in 1973-74 for $3,000, the IRS was missing, as was the fuel injection. Martin made this repro IRS from a drawing that Fred made for him.

You CAN NOT slide out of control with this IRS, at 500hp into a corner (that's why I can't see why SVT can't make one for the new Shelby). Martin punched it many times into a corner, and could not do a power slide with the IRS. He had to use a 351 Clev. driveshaft cut into pieces to make the half-shafts, since the first set broke!!

Martin, with me, contacted Fred Goodell, and guess what? He had the Conelec Fuel Injection in his garage all this time!! So--it went onto the car!

Hmmm...looks like I need to include this story into the new Registry book!

Paul N.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

That's a very interesting story, ... I'm looking forward to your new book, Paul.