• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another "what's it worth" question--sorry!

DeadStang

I have a J-code AT CS, not a true GT car. Original paint is good everywhere except driver's fender and 1/2 the roof. No rust and one tiny (1 cm) ding on entire car. PS, PDB, AC. Have original block, heads, intake, rebiult and replated 4V carb. Original AT just rebuilt and reinstalled. Presently has a running mid-1970s 2V-302 mostly hooked up (carb linkage not). All CS stuff there and in excellent shape (Lucas lights). Brake system completely gone thru and rebuilt.

Have a guy who is interested in buying the car, but I'm not sure what it's worth now. I bought it 3 years ago and paid a premium for it, not realizing the motor was in the shape it was in (seized). I really don't need to sell the car, but my family has grown and realistically, I'm just not spending time on my projects, of which there are several. I'm not wanting to give it away, but I want to ask a fair price as I think he would give my car a good home.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

68sunlitgold

deadstang,
do you have any pictures of the car, the pricing guide to the left is still a good wage, but I will tell you the price for these cars is increasing. What did you pay for it 3 years ago? I assume you want atleast that amout back, what do you have in it? I have seen rough GT/CS's go for over $3-4,000, so if yours is in good shape, except for the engine, it should go for more. Post some pics if you have them.

Doug

IvyGoldGT

I also have a what it's worth question. I just came across a '68 CS for sale. I don't know much about these cars and I haven't seen it yet. Here's what I do know:

C code - 289
Vinyl top
75,000 original miles
White with black top and black interior. I believe paint to be original as well as most of the car. Only repaired with NOS parts.

Is this car worth 20-25,000 if everything is there and in working order. I know alot depends on what options it has and this I don't know. But is this guy in the ballpark?

bbeatty

[quote author=IvyGoldGT link=board=1;threadid=1523;start=0#msg9156 date=1112290907]

Is this car worth 20-25,000 if everything is there and in working order. I know alot depends on what options it has and this I don't know. But is this guy in the ballpark?
[/quote]

It's hard to value any car without a lot of information including a bunch of pictures or actually seeing the car in person.

At the higher end of the market, and $20 - 25,000 is at the higher end for a 289, little things start to matter more and more. For that kind of money, it should be completly rust free and the car should still have the original engine (numbers matching) along with a bunch of desirable options. The interior and paint would have to be in great shape as well.

Basically, this car should be in good enough condition to pull in any local car show and do well for that much money.

IvyGoldGT

Thanks bbeatty. I was thinking like you, but wanted to verify my thoughts. I am going to see the car and I will see how many options it has. But I'm like you, it better have quite a few nice ones.