• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

fiberglass intakes

BrandonB

Hey guys I know this is pretty much the wrong year of car to post about but you guys are really knowledgeable so here it goes. Can you make an intake for a EFI mototr out of fiberglass? If not what other materials can I use Im wanting to make it in my garage just for my car. Its gotta be an air box that sits atop my manifold so I can have a functioning shaker scoop. Im desgining my 93 5.0 after the boss 302!

rvrtrash

If done properly, and as long as it's not contacting the hood where the flexing would crack or break it, it would probably work, but I would be concerned about fiberglass fibers getting into my engine if the fiberglass wasn't sealed properly or started to break without you realizing it somewhere down the road. If you have to build your own, I'd do it out of 18 ga. metal and weld the misc. pieces together. Your best bet is to get a setup for a 2003 Mach 1 and just bolt it on. It would look better and save you a lot of time and hassle of making something from scratch.
Steve

rvrtrash

By the way, I'm assuming you meant something to go between the upper half and the shaker, not the actual upper half.
Steve

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

you are correct Steve I think ill look for a 2003 Mach I good idea.