• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1973 big block coupe

coloradoHCS

jc68gtcs, the 73 Vette will be listed for $16,000. I will accept $14,000 from anyone on this site. It is an origianl 30,000 mile car with these changes. L88 hood, Hooker side pipes, Holley double pumper, electric cooling fans in addition to the stock pulley fan. 5-speed as mentioned before. Blue on Blue. Original hood, 4-speed M-21, ingition shielding, intake and exhaust headers come with the car.

I am only selling to get the new Cobra or if available a new GTCS with the highest HP engine offered. I can e-mail photo's if you are interested.

The 80 you have is indeed rare with the 4-speed. One of the favorite Vettes that I have owned was a 1979 L82 4-speed. I love the style with the fast back rear window, it reminds me of the Sting Ray coupes. Good luck trying to decide which to drive, the Stang or the Vette. Like Harleys they are American icons. Nothing else like em. Well maybe a 2 place Cobra...or a Viper. Oh well I may have a problem.

jc68gtcs

sounds pretty tempting there Colorado.. If I hadn't just sunk a bunch into this cs, I'd be all over that.. But then if I hadn't bought the cs I'd never have gotten to know this bunch.. Too cool, funny how things happen.. If you get a chance though, post a photo for grins.. I'm a vette lover from way back..

You and Bish were talking snow on the other topic.. I don't suppose you do any snowmobiling out there?

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

jc68gtcs, yes I have in the past, pretty die hard actually. These days I keep it to x country skiing and snow shoes. It's Cheaper when the equipment breaks. Used to run an Artic Cat Wildcat 650, punched to 700. Good for 90 mph at 10,000 feet. We usually get 20-30 feet of snow in a season and would not run the groomed trails, only back country, deep powder. This is kind of hard on the machines, and hard on your body. Now I snow shoe or ski and wait for the snow to melt in front of the garage.

jc68gtcs

Yeah, I've been wanting to get out west to the big snow. We get quite a bit of snow up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but nothing like the snow that you guys get. I've got 5 sleds right now, 4 that actually run and that's how we deal with old man winter. One day I'll get out to the big snow country...

Any other snowmobilers out there?

hookedtrout

[quote author=jc68gtcs link=board=4;threadid=1530;start=0#msg9167 date=1112321071]
Yeah, I've been wanting to get out west to the big snow. We get quite a bit of snow up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but nothing like the snow that you guys get. I've got 5 sleds right now, 4 that actually run and that's how we deal with old man winter. One day I'll get out to the big snow country...

Any other snowmobilers out there?
[/quote]

I've got a whole family of Polaris riders if you ever get out to Idaho I'll hook ya up. The local hangout is Island Park Idaho near Yellowstone Montana and it offers some awesome riding. Look it up on the web sometime when you've got some time to kill.

Hook

jc68gtcs

Now you've got me going Hook.. With all the talk of closing Yellowstone to sledders, I've really been chompin at the bit to get out there.. I may take you up on that deal someday.. I ride with a group of 5 or 6 guys here in Michigan and the only thing keeping us from coming is a good plan.

I too have a stable of 4 Polaris' but I must admit, I bought a new Rev in 04 and there's nothing like it.. Might have to look at the Fusion next year though..

hookedtrout

Not many locals that will take the ride through Yellowstone as the groomed trails get so rough from all the traffic of the sleds and cat track vans that it beats you to death and you can't set a single track off the trail so all the millions of acres of pure deep white powder are tempting as all get out but strictly off limits so you continue to beat yourself to death on the trails which is a big turn off to the local riders. But the surrounding areas offer a wonderland of play area.

Hook

jc68gtcs

that figures, it always looks better in the magazines.. Well, I'm just going to have to lean on your local expertise when (not if) I get out that way.. thanks for the info Hook..