• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Boss & GT/CS

case12

I was reading the SAAC concours classes for the SAAC national this year in California and noticed that they include Boss mustangs. Here is the quote:

"Pre-registration is required for entry into the Concours Show and often an additional fee is charged. Classes, following the National Guidelines, are included for performance cars from Shelby American (and Ford), namely Cobras, Shelbys, Competition Cars (GT40s and original race version Cobras), Tigers (engineered by Carroll Shelby), and Bosses (the Ford derivative of the Trans-Am Mustang race cars developed by Shelby American)."

If a FORD built Boss can be linked to Shelby as a "FORD derivative", then the FORD built GT/CS, HCS (which came from the factory with Shelby parts) should be even more linked to Shelby?

Casey

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1546;start=0#msg9278 date=1112641137]...are included for performance cars from Shelby American (and Ford)[/quote]

But the GT/CS's weren't "performance cars". I think that's what separates us the most from Shelbys. Even though the Specials take their visual cues and parts from the Shelbys, the fact that they weren't built as performance or "race inspired" cars is a big difference, IMHO. I think it's a huge part of the reason that GT/CS pricing hasn't taken off like Shelby pricing has.

That's not to say there aren't high performance Specials (ie. the big blocks) but as a whole that wasn't how they were marketed.

-=MUSTANG=-

Admin is correct (duh...) The GT/CS was an appearance package, so was the High Country Special, the Sprint, and the Twister Special. That you could get one with a big block and a four speed is just a bonus.

Another reason the GT/CS prices haven't skyrocketed is they are coupes! fastbacks and ragtops bring the big dollars. Be thankful the GT/CS is modestly valued. If they carried the same price tag as a Shelby, I'd be restoring a Schwinn :)

Jay

hookedtrout

[quote author==MUSTANG= link=board=1;threadid=1546;start=0#msg9286 date=1112664039]
Admin is correct (duh...) The GT/CS was an appearance package, so was the High Country Special, the Sprint, and the Twister Special. That you could get one with a big block and a four speed is just a bonus.

Another reason the GT/CS prices haven't skyrocketed is they are coupes! fastbacks and ragtops bring the big dollars. Be thankful the GT/CS is modestly valued. If they carried the same price tag as a Shelby, I'd be restoring a Schwinn :)

Jay
[/quote]

Hey Paul if all falls apart or should I say skyrockets I have an old Schwinn out in one of my many sheds if you need a doner/starter bike. It was there when I bought the place and it's still out there.

Hook