• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fly Fishing

hookedtrout

Speaking of a few hobbies I thought I'd see if there were any fly fishermen in the group. If so and you ever get out to the Yellowstone or S.E. Idaho area let me know, I've got a drift boat, know the Henry's Fork like the back of my hand, live on said river and love to fish it. I'm not the greatest guide but I'm cheap (read free as long as you'll row a bit ;D ).

Hook

bish

Hook,

I "never" would have guessed that you were into fly fishing. ;)

quicknick

I love to fly fish Hook. I have an old bamboo Heddon fly rod that was my great grandfathers. It will be 90 years old next year and still works like a dream.
I also have 2 large tackle boxes of flies made by my grandfather and great grandfather. They were made during the depression when you could not buy tackle at any store. I quit using them years ago for fear of losing them.
Here in Michigan we fly fish for everything from small pan fish to largemouth Bass and Pike.
Hook one of those bad boys with your 1.5lb. test and your in for a 2 hour fight. It's the best!
My 11 year old nephew has really taken a shine to fly fishing this past summer and does quite well.
Soon it will be time for old Uncle Nick to pass this gear down to the next generation.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Well if you ever go on a Yellowstone vacation give me a yell I'm only about 30-40 minutes from the Yellowstone area and I'm always looking for someone to cast a line with.

For those who have never been to Yellowstone add it to your list of have to do's. We go through Yellowstone park yearly, it's a day trip for us through and back home so quite often we do it several times a year. It's beautiful and there is some great fishing in Yellowstone NP.

Hook

390cs68rcode

my father in law fishes alot. He is from New Zealand. As a matter of fact he is arriving tomorrow AND STAYING FOR 2.5 MONTHS!!!

Oh, I am soooo happy they will be here for 2.5 months.

I think I need to do the car show circuit for the next few months.