• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS decklid and end caps

Does anyone have available a decklid and endcaps? Or does anyone know of someone who produces them for less than tony brandas website or johns mustang? Thanks.

StraightSix

There's an original set on eBay right now for about $850... of course, they come with a car ;)

Seriously, I didn't even know John's Mustang carried them. I couldn't find them on his website, anyway. I don't know for sure of anyone who reproduces them besides Tony Branda. I used to see the trunklid on eBay every once in a while, but it looked like a very cheap copy. I also know of an as-yet untapped owner of quite a bit of original GT/CS-specific parts (some of you know who I'm talking about), but she hasn't yet budged on actually selling them. I'm also not sure she wants a bunch of people bugging her, or else I would post her contact info here. Not trying to be secretive, just courteous.

-Winston

68sunlitgold

yoyoyo,
Try brewsale, he had some parts awhile back that he was trying to sell, his emai is brewsale@hotmail.com. If you look in the for sale area you will see his post under 67 fiberglass.
Doug

OP
OP
G

How about Manstang Unlimited , Perogies Enterprise or Shelby Parts.com ???????? they have had them.

StraightSix

[quote author=gandystang link=board=1;threadid=187;start=0#802 date=1043433718]
How about Manstang Unlimited
[/quote]

Umm, I'm not sure I wan't to know about this company... :-X

;)

-Winston

Jayscal

I believe they meant Mustangs Unlimited. I have used them for most of my restoration items and upgrades, and have been very pleased with the quality and prompt shipping. Keep in mind that replacement fiberglass, will always need final fitting and finishing, as these are aftermarket parts. If you want a perfect fit, you will need to find factory pieces. Years ago a company called Sacramento Mustang carried GT/CS reproduction fiberglass. I found their website, but did not have enough tme to search for the fiberglass replacement parts, I believe its under Shelby stuff.

StraightSix

Jay,

Yeah, I was just joking... sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in my post.

I've ordered from Sacramento Mustang (hood locks and retainers) and had a good experience.

I think there are a bunch of places that offer repro Shelby fiberglass, they just advertise it as such and don't mention that it also works for the GT/CS. The only part I'm not sure about is the trunklid... is that the same lid that was on the Shelby convertible?

-Winston

Jayscal

The ' 68 Shelby convertible and the California Special are listed as having the same part number for the deck lid in the Mustangs Unlimited catalog.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=Jayscal link=board=1;threadid=187;start=0#808 date=1043474104]
The ' 68 Shelby convertible and the California Special are listed as having the same part number for the deck lid in the Mustangs Unlimited catalog.
[/quote]

That's correct. They are the same.

68sunlitgold

Jon & Winston,
Although it is known the the decklids on the CS and Shelby convertible are the same, I found a 1973 Michell repair manual that has the part # and price different for the two. ???
Don't know why. Just thought it was interesting. ;)
Doug

Attachments

• decklid.jpg
    decklid.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 16

StraightSix

That's something you don't see every day -- the Shelby trunklid is cheaper than the Ford (GT/CS) trunklid! I was under the impression that the GT/CS lids and the Shelby lids were the exact same, both produced at A.O. Smith.

This makes me wonder if they are actually a bit different.
Were the Shelbys die-stamped like the ones for the GT/CS? And were they also made at A.O. Smith?

-Winston

68sunlitgold

Winston,
They are made exactly the same way from the same company and tooling. I don't know why the Mitchell repair manual had them different, I just brought it up because I thought it was interesting and wonder were they got their info from.
I do agree that if I was going to order a replacement lid back in '73 I would have asked for a Shelby convertible one and saved some money. ;)
Doug

OP
OP
G

just found this site and loving it. ;) about body parts, i met the owner of a fiberglass body parts store called Cal Automotive in Slymar Ca. thay make 65-68 mustang shelby parts. 818/317/1245.cal auto was at pomona swap meat. i am going to get a trunk lid and 67 shelby style hood (short). i own a gt/cs and will be registering soon.also some @#$%&*# stold my grill and fog lights,need help! about pedistals i am in need;D

StraightSix

[quote author=robert link=board=1;threadid=187;start=0#825 date=1043646032]
some @#$%&*# stole my grill and fog lights,need help!
[/quote]

Robert, I just ordered the next-to-last set of Marchal grille brackets from Delta Bay Mustang (1-800-664-8350). I spoke with Valerie there and she said that they do still install these brackets on the grill, so you can order that if you want. However, it won't be cheap! The brackets alone are $70 + shipping :eek:

-Winston