• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

need picture of taillamp reinforcements

jk89cat

being i have nothing to start with , i was hoping someone had a picture of the brackets/reinforcements of the taillamps where the mount to the rear body panel . i do have a 68 shelby book coming from branda . but it shows them in the ford catalog , but doesnt list them anymore. justin

68sunlitgold

jk89cat,
Is this what you are looking for? They should actually be painted black and not the body color.

Doug

Attachments

• Picture20002.jpg
    Picture20002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
J

jk89cat

thanks, thats excatly what i am after, so they are just sheet metal screwed to the body? and i wonder if anyone reproduces them . justin

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

thanks again, i am awaiting branda's catalog, a cs special book that he has and a 68 shelby parts breakdown that is supposed to really show how things like this go together . the ford catalog was very vague at best . oh btw i am a ford parts counterman. justin

PFSlim

I think everyone on this site would agree that Paul N's book on Cal Spec is very useful in rebuilding your CS. Sometimes you can find them on ebay. Otherwise, if you have a specific question about the Cal Spec, ask it on this site. If you can't get Paul's book, ask someone to post a pic from it. You will find it very useful.

Best of luck.

Paul

case12

Are you missing them all? The Branda ones are FIBERGLASS, not steel like original. I was missing only one, and was going to split a set with Cesar until we found out they were fiberglass and on back order for months. An original set sold on eBay for big bucks (couple hundred). I had a wizard body shop guy make mine out of steel. Cesar made his out of fiberglass from the local store using an original as a mold - took him 20 minutes. Here is the picture of his - the top one is fiberglass, the rest are steel. He did a great job. Casey

Attachments

• DSC04402.JPG
    DSC04402.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
J

jk89cat

thats helpfull too . i got the registerity book , branda's catalog, and the 68 unique parts catalog and all three are just amasing . ill get some pictures up after i get it home . justin

68MustangHCS

[quote author=jk89cat link=board=1;threadid=1577;start=#msg9578 date=1113659070]
thats helpfull too . i got the registerity book , branda's catalog, and the 68 unique parts catalog and all three are just amasing . ill get some pictures up after i get it home . justin
[/quote]

What is the 68 Unique Parts Catalog? Where can you get this? ???

68sunlitgold

I believe he is talking about the 1968 Shelby Unique parts catalog. Most Mustang shops sell it, it discusses all the parts they put on a Mustang to make it into a Shelby.

Doug

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

its from jim osborn reproductions and outlines assembly and shelby componet views . it has detailed assembly pictures, and 68 shelby part numbers . lots of good diagrams and information . it was worth the 6 bucks i gave branda for it . justin