• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

gt/cs

hey gt/cs owners, i have a friend that has a gt/cs and i was woundering if you can tell me how i can tell if it is a true gt/cs. i had hunch that his car wasn't a gt/cs when he told me that his uncle gave it him. and when we looked up the vin numbers everything was messed up.

StraightSix

The only way to know for sure (aside from the original window sticker) is through Marti Auto Works:

http://www.californiaspecial.com/resources.htm#g

For as little as $17 you can know for sure.

Now, there are certain clues you can look for on the car. Although anyone can fake these things, it's tough to fake them all.

1. All GT/CS cars begin with a VIN of "8R01," meaning a '68 San Jose-produced coupe.

2. Any of the special parts identified under "Features" and "Parts List" on this site. Navigate to these pages using the list of links on the left of the page. The more original (i.e. non-reproduction) features that it has the greater the likelihood that it's authentic. One of the best ways is the part number found on the taillamp harness's purple tag.

3. Post some digital pics for us! We loooove to play "spot the flaw" on pictures of cars that are supposed to be GT/CS's.

Hope this helps! If you have any specific questions about the authenticity of a part, please let us know.

-Winston