• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rough Idle

case12

I put this in the off topic lounge. Maybe someone has an idea to help me with my 2000GT. I am having some big fluctuation in idle that has recently started as the climate is warming up here. I notice that it appears to be dropping below 500rpm when I clutch to come to a stop and then starts to level itself back out around 1000rpm. It normally idles around 1000rpm. Happens sometimes, and other times it does not. The problem is I am worried of losing enough idle to loose power. I also notice that it seems to happen when the electric fan is running (from the warmer weather). What could cause the idle to have fluctuations like this? As an unrelated (maybe?) happening, I also notice the idle fluctuating significantly whenver the air conditioner or defrost kicks in and out? Any thoughts? (fyi - I have a C&L cold intake tube, 80mm MAF, 75mm throttle body and K&N filter). Casey