• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS in the weeds

Thanks for the website!

I owned a 66 mustang years ago (wish I still had it). Anyway, I'd never heard of the California Special until I saw one in the weeds at a house near me. Its been there at least 10 years and I always thought it was just a faded yellow regular '68.

Last week, I got a closer look at it and saw the GT/CS scoop and California Special script on it.

I'm thinking of talking to the owner about buying it.

Are there any things in particular I should look for? What is a fair offer for one that has obviously been sitting for a long time (probably won't run), but is appears to be "all there"?

StraightSix

If it's "all there," has a small-block engine, and isn't too rusty, I would put a value of around $3000-3500. It could fall on either side of that figure depending on condition and options.

As for things to look for, take a look around this site and at other posts in the forum. There's a bunch of good info here. If you can get the VIN we can check if it's in the GT/CS registry already. That doesn't guarantee authenticity, but it'll tell us a little about the car.

Keep us informed!

-Winston

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Click on the "Identification" link on your left and read through for a list of GT/CS specific items to help you ID the real thing.

FYI, this link used to be called "Features" but since we get a lot of questions like this I figured it must not be labeled clearly enough. ;)