• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Kansas City DSO

vinstang

Chris, I recently stumbled across a 68 California Special in a warehouse and it has been there over 15 years. I am currently trying to make a deal on it...its DSO is 53 which is KC. It has the 390 engine and the C-6 transmission and is Highland green. It is intact and in good shape except for someone lifted the carb some time ago. So, yes, KC did get some of the cars.

Vince.

bbeatty

There's still a few around here (Kansas City). Where'd you find yours?

OP
OP
C

cgable5150

I found it in Illinois. I'm going to pick it up (from Michigan) this Friday. 9 hour drive each way. :(

OP
OP
C

cgable5150

I also just found out the local Mustang club here has 300 members and not one GT/CS. The first meeting should be a lot of fun. ;D
Chris

PB gtcs

Chris,

Our Car is a KC DSO. It is a C code, auto. Brother Paul belongs to the local Mustang club here in Missouri. As far as I know, our is the only on in our club. That being said, there are at least three others around town here in KC.

Brian

Perkchiro

[quote author=PB gtcs link=board=1;threadid=1617;start=0#msg9802 date=1114464525]
Chris,

Our Car is a KC DSO. It is a C code, auto. Brother Paul belongs to the local Mustang club here in Missouri. As far as I know, our is the only on in our club. That being said, there are at least three others around town here in KC.

Brian

[/quote]

Hey Brian: I'm located to the south of you in Springfield and I'm restoring my GT/CS right now. Add mine to your Missouri count.

Steve Perkins

PB gtcs

Steve,

Cool :D, I now know of three of us in the KC area. I have heard of more and heard of one in St. Joe. So, there are some GT/CS cars around here. Let us know if we can be of help. We have pics of our resto and are willing to offer help, as did folks on this site, to those interested in our kind of cars.

Brian