• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What $15K will get you...

P

PNewitt

I just saw this in today's paper:

Mustang Cobra SVT convertible, 1998, 58k miles, blk/blk all options, 5 speed. etc...$15,500

So...by comparison, "nice" small block GT/CS cars going for that amount, too. Interesting.

Just to make the point of the value of the GT/CS today. In some ways it's apples and oranges, but 35+ year old Mustangs still hold their own.

Paul N.

-=MUSTANG=-

1998 is the last model year before the "edge" style mustang, a nicer style imho. While still a nice car it is also still depreciating, one of the reasons I sold my 2000 GT ragtop to get my GT/CS done. :D

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

That's my point.

The late model Mustangs peak then fall in value, and the SVT and the Cobra cars "might" have 5-8 years of top value left in them?

The classic Mustangs ('65-73) hold steady, but the late model Mustangs seem to fade away--eventually. It will be interesting to see what the '06 Shelby will do in ten years.

I'm just trying to put things in perspective--not necessairily "dump on" the late model cars.

Paul N.