• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ebay CS - NOT,.....LOL

mmarsalone

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just found this on Ebay. At first I thought he was just saying it was a "California" car. It's listed as a California Special and he even puts a link to this site in his listing. He talks about how rare these cars are. I found it funny because anyone who comes here from Ebay who doesn't know about CSs will see it's not the same type of car. It's a 6 cyl. and he calls it a GT.

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=4548026554&rd=1

Mosesatm

Gotta wonder why he thinks it's a GT/CS. It does have the 8R01 in the VIN so I wonder if he thinks that all San Jose cars built in '68 are CSs. It's also possible that the High Country Specials from previous years confuse people since they look just like normal coupes. I think I'll email the guy and find out.

Mosesatm

Sent an email and a picture of a "real" GT/CS, my old highland green one, of course.

That makes a good segue(sp?) into my next question.

Has anyone ever seen a GT/CS with paint code "X", Presidential Blue? If so is it a lot darker than Acapulco Blue or just little darker?

BroadwayBlue

Listing has been updated...

REVISION ADDED 05-05-05
We thank everyone who informed us of the mistake.

***This 1968 FORD MUSTANG is
NOT a California Special
as previously stated in our
listing and on the thumbnail picture.***
We apologize for any confusion this may
have caused. It was never our intention to mislead anyone.

The information on vehicles provided in this
service is supplied by the seller or other third parties.
SoldXpress provides this service and materials without
representations or warranties of any kind either expressed or implied.

All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices shown may not include government fees and taxes, any registration fees,
any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission
testing charge.

68gt390

They still didn't take out the fact that it's not even a "GT". It looks like a nice attempt to make one of the Sprint packages "A" or "B". They didn't even get that right. As plain jane mustangs go it's not in that bad of shape for a inline six. To each his own. Somebody didn't do their homework very well. If I were a listing company for anything, I would sure as hell know what I was listing before making myself look like a fool.

Don ::)

Talan423

i tried to cut a picture my presidential blue gt/cs to make it the right size to fit on this site. hope it works.

tom