• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Unique clone rearpanel strips

68sunlitgold

I saw this on a for sale car and thought I would post it here. I have never seen this type of rear striping on the trunklid with the "GT/CS" letter cut outs. Just thought it was unique.
Doug

Attachments

• 1968fordmustangcaliforniabk.jpg
    1968fordmustangcaliforniabk.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 65

StraightSix

Very interesting... I would love to get a closer look to see if those stripes are stickers or if they are painted on. I think that the lettering would have to be stickers, though, because the letters look very neat.

I'm assuming that this is a custom job, but who
knows ???

Doug, do you know that this car is a clone, or are you referring to the stripes?

-Winston

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Winston,
the add said "clone" and there where other things like foglites, no hoodlocks, wrong grille, GT flip-open gas cap, etc. But to the honesty of the seller, he does have it advertised as a clone. And I agree, the lettering must be stickers.
Doug

StraightSix

Okay, well at least he's being honest. Nice looking car, though... perfect base for a restomod since there's all of that cool fiberglass on it already...

I would ditch the fake GT/CS stripes and paint it up, either with LeMans stripes (which I like, just not on my GT/CS :mad:) or with a nice flame job. Shelby-ize the suspension, side scoops, etc. Maybe even add some Shelby front 'glass. Tweak the engine, spec out the interior for racing... ahh, the possibilities.

On a somewhat similar note, has anyone checked out the latest issue of Mustang Monthly? FYI, it has an article on the new/old GT500E that Shelby American is producing. The sad part is that they're cutting up about 100 vintage fastbacks a year to make them. The only only consolation is that it's Shelby doing it, so I guess it's okay. They'll be real Shelbys, and they'll be screamers. They run between $80 and $150 grand, and they're all equipped with "Go Baby Go" nitrous! Pretty sweet...

-Winston

Winston, I was at the "SAAC Does Vegas 7" meet this past weekend and saw the GT 500E that is pictured on the front page of Mustang Monthly. This is a beautiful auto, and will not have any trouble selling. I'm all for taking the clapped out fastbacks and turning them into a GT 500E's. You need to see this machine!! It is a real head turner!!! Russ