View Full Version : 2005 Registry Update Thread

PNewitt
05/15/2005, 11:48 AM
I'm wrapping up my other book project this week, and am NOW ready to dive into the new 2005 GT/CS Registry Book project.

This book will be the compilation of both the 1988 and 1996 books, with some great new items--along with some "secret goodies" that I'm sure you'll all like!

What I need to know is: What would YOU like to see in this book?? Every idea or suggestion is encouraged. Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?

I will be listing the cars in the registry, (name, VIN, Door Tag info) with boxes checked (or not) for "concours/driver/custom/orig. owner, etc. and if a copy of the invoice, window sticker and/or Marti report in included. I will also mention if it's won any trophies or awards.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions--

This thread (sticky?) will keep you posted on the book's progress. Target date for completion is Fall 2005.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

390cs68rcode
05/15/2005, 01:36 PM
can you confirm on this thread the deadline for getting info to you about our cars? I have one coming this week and want to update it in the new book. It has been in both the previous ones. It is S code one in my sig line below.

I would like to know where to find the foam tape deck lid "seal" in the first book page 46. Who makes this and if no one is making it let's make up a "correct" one and reproduce it ourselves if need be.

I would like to see in the new book on finding the small details like this to make the cars 100% correct.

PNewitt
05/15/2005, 03:05 PM
Just to let everyone know, I will work on the body of the book first, then work on the registry.

I will do a mailing to everyone (on the mailing list), and ask for any updates, if they need/want to get a Marti report, etc..--and about the book for sale, advance orders, etc.

So--all of this will take place during late this summer. Anyone who wishes to send in their registration info (and many already have--thank you) with photo(s) of their car may so from right now, to about late August 2005.

Paul.

nfrntau
05/15/2005, 08:20 PM
Paul,
Something I thought of and don't remember anyone ever mentioning. I would like to see color photos included. For instance the new GT/CS introduction photos, etc. (maybe they were B&W to begin with?).
When you ask things we would like to see such as "Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?"
Yes Please, comes to mind.
Regardless of how much (or little) information you add to your book it will be with out a doubt the most comprehensive GT/CS book/guide/manual in the world. That's quite a feat. As a GT/CS owner, a consumer and most importantly a friend (I hope) I would like to know as much about these cars as possible.
I've stated it before but will do so again. If there is anything I can do to assist you with your book all you need to do is ask. Until then, I will be sitting in the bleachers anxiously awaiting your newest masterpiece.
Thank you for your time and effort.
BIll

nfrntau
05/15/2005, 08:23 PM
I also think that words like sequentialling and gocartish should be included somewhere in your book. lol

PNewitt
05/15/2005, 08:55 PM
I also think that words like sequentialling and gocartish should be included somewhere in your book. lol

Ya betcha! LOL!! ::)

nfrntau
05/16/2005, 06:50 AM
http://www.1968cobra.com/Restoration.HTML
Paul on thsi webpage the writer says

"I have found a vintage Ford microfische machine with a copy of the 1968 Master Parts Catalog to assist in parts identification. I have notes and pictures from dozens of unrestored cars and I continue to work on cars daily"

Do you think he may have and possible share some tidbits for your book you may not already have?

PNewitt
05/16/2005, 09:34 AM
That's a great idea, and I appreciate the offer to check it out, but I bought the whole paper version (about six 3" binders full of paper) some years ago.

It's a neat book to have, too. It has everything!!

Thanks for thinking of this,

Paul N.

meadowsdk28
05/16/2005, 10:27 AM

And Swammi!

So, if my car was in the 96 under an old owners name and Bob Teets knows all my new info, I should be good unless I want to get a Marti report, right?

PNewitt
05/16/2005, 10:36 AM
Bob and I are sharing all information, and I hope to make a separate HCS listing in the Registry.

My approach is to go over everything, and look at any new information. Not exactly "from scratch", but look for any updates.

Did you send Bob a copy of the orig. invoice? if not, I would advise getting the Marti Report (which, I think SHOULD say "HCS" in the basic report). Some HCS owners have had a problem not getting "HCS" listed, but CS listed instead, with a DSO of 51.

Paul N.

case12
05/16/2005, 12:12 PM
My 2 cents (additional to what is already in the other two books):

Add or new info on GT or not-GT. This seems to needs it own section or chapter, including what should, or should not, be on a GT or not-GT.

A ground up restoration chapter with pictures would be cool. Paul and Brians car would be a great candidate.

Updated history related to Little Red and Green Hornet and lots of color pictures. Would MM let you put your Green Hornet article in the book?

Dealer vs Factory installed options - it is talked about all the time here, so having the "book" on it would be cool.

Thanks, Casey

PNewitt
05/16/2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Casey!

Great ideas--and I'd like to do all of them. I also want to add a page for folks that just bought one, and wonder what to do next.

The Ground-Up idea is great, too, and I plan on getting to the bottom of all that concours '68 stuff, via Jeff Spiegal (MCA/SAAC), so "our" cars "will win all the time".

And Yes--the GT thing is good to do, and point out all the details of what is or not.

And--I'd like to put something in about how to modify a CS with parts from Global West, Unique, etc.

I will point out the various ways to go with a GT/CS. We need to realize the full potential of what we all have.

Paul N.

PFSlim
05/19/2005, 01:39 PM
Casey

Thank you for the mention about our project car. As you already know (and we are no different than anyone else on this site) we are very proud of our effort. We enjoy the car everyday. ;D

Paul - As much information that you can add to make people understand about our 'special' cars the better. Color pics are great. Use as much as possible please. ;D

I think my brother Brian says it best when he says driving the Cal Spec for 15 minutes to get to work is like "taking a 3 month vacation on your way to work" !!!! ;D ;D

Paul

PNewitt
05/21/2005, 09:01 PM
(if you missed the other thread):

This "was" one of the suprises for the new GT/CS Registry Book, but I can't do this one without your help.
I am doing a DVD that will be included with the book, in a plastic sleeve on the inside back cover.
What I need are videos sent to me from owners of your GT/CS and '68 HCS cars.* You don't need to necessairliy have it "concours perfect",... but "really clean" would be nice, too.* Don't worry about Hollywood production quality (although please use a tripod of you could).* Just explain who you are, and about your car.* If you have security concerns, remove your license plates and frames (if it says what city, etc.) and don't volunteer where you're from.* But, again, this is up to you.
Video of GT/CS (HCS) cars undergoing restoration are encouraged and accepted, too!
Try to limit the (useful) footage to about 2-5 minutes, so we can include as many cars and owners as possible.* We want this to be fun, and yes, heartwarming to reflect just how special and how loved these cars truly are.* You can include creative angles, or shot* from another moving vehicle (but please be careful doing that).
Any video format will work.* VHS, SVHS, and DVD formats (all common ones) are acceptable.* my brother is a professional videotographer, and has a large editing facility.* The completed DVD will be of professional quality, and available ONLY with the book as a set.
For those lucky enough to live in No. Calif, we're planning a group video session in late Summer, at a location to be revealed later (about Late July).*
Stay tuned to this thread to more details.

Send your videos to: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617.* Please send them to me before August 30th, 2005.* The book's target date for completion will be Sept. 2005 (Note: ALL videos become the property of Paul M. Newitt for use on this GT/CS Registry DVD).
Thanks--and get those cameras rolling!!
Paul N.

p.s. for those who sent still photos only (and don't have access to a video camera), don't fret--we'll shoot those with a video camera--so everyone who sent photos will get on the DVD.

Note: the same address can be used to send your GT/CS Registration, copies of the invoice, Marti Report, photos, etc. Please include your name, address, VIN number, door tag numbers, and any options or stories, etc., you would like to include. Also encose a photo(s), or digital photos on a CD.

390cs68rcode
05/22/2005, 05:37 AM
sounds cool.

PNewitt
06/01/2005, 07:50 PM
I got over a MAJOR hurdle today towards time to work on the NEW Registry... My other (Model RR) book was taken into the printer; which was 2 1/2 years of hard work.

Now I can concentrate on getting both the 1988 and 1996 editions compiled (and OCR scanned) into my Mac.

Question: Should I "this time" reveal ALL of the things to look for to authenticate a true GT/CS (HCS?)??

I also have some very cool "goodies" planned for buyers of the book.

thanks for your support!
- Paul N.

luisa2552
06/01/2005, 09:07 PM
Being a newbie, I don't know what might be invloved in listing everthing, but I think it would be great. Escpecially with the apparent ease of making a clone.
Sara

PNewitt
06/01/2005, 09:42 PM
I think it's time to "tell all" (as it were), since it's been so long now.

Besides, with the advent of the "Marti Report" clones can be revealed more easily (that is, if one wishes to know or not).

Paul N.

Mosesatm
06/01/2005, 10:06 PM
A perfect clone is very, very difficult to make. The hood pin attachment hardware alone would be a nightmare to reproduce and the trunk wiring harness would be nearly impossible. On the flip side it is easy to make a clone that will fool most non-experts. That said, I agree with Sara in that the more information we have the better equipped we are to spot the fakes.

Give us the truth Paul, we can handle it!

quicknick
06/02/2005, 06:03 AM
Oh boy....maybe one of the goodies will be that darn window sticker I have been pestering Paul about for the last 5 years! Just kidding Paul :P. Be on the lookout, my Mustangs info packet for the book will be heading your way sometime next week. Nicholas

Perkchiro
06/02/2005, 08:10 AM
Question: Should I "this time" reveal ALL of the things to look for to authenticate a true GT/CS (HCS?)??

Paul: My answer to this question is a solid "YES". I know that your book may not be a restoration book, but as one who is in the middle of a restoration, having that reference (I have your old addition) has really helped a lot. My car required a complete change of the front grille and fog light brackets and fender emblems to return it to original. This was due to prior front end damage and replacement with 68 mustang parts instead of GT/CS parts. Having the information to return it to it's original status was invaluable. Don't know where I would have gone with this website and your book. Thanks for your dedication and I will be looking forward to your newest edition.

By the by, I have digital photographs of my restoration to date. Shows various pictures of disassembly, engine rebuild, post media blasting, sheet metal repair, etc. I know that there are many such pictures in the gallery pages on this site, but if you need anything from me, just let me know.
Steve

PNewitt
06/02/2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks, Steve! I appreciate your comments. It has always been my hope to help folks restoring their GT/CS with good information.

Definately send me a few photos of your restoration. I want to include that in the book to encourage others to do the same, since these cars are nearing in age for complete restorations.

IF you could--also send video of the restoration, too. This is all very inspiring to others that are considering doing the same.

I invite everyone to send in some sort of photos and/or video of your restorations. I do have a ground-up resto (a famous one here) that I will document.

As for one of those "secrets", look at your rear quarters without the script. if you look along the side from the rear, you'll see the slightest "dimpling" of the sheet metal for the holes. The script holes were punched, not drilled at the factory.

-Paul N.

case12
06/02/2005, 09:02 AM
I agree with those on the thread. All the secrets can now be told now that we have the Marti Report. This will put more emphasis on the Marti Report being the only way to authenticate a vehicle (unlike Shelbys that were numbered and records kept). This is what I was told and we tell people all along - get the Marti Report as the only way to authenticate. After that, we need the secrets to properly restore. Thanks Paul! Casey

19HCS68
06/02/2005, 03:01 PM
Paul,
Please "reveal all" as enquiring minds need to know.

Signed,
Enquiring Mind ;)

Diesel Donna
08/23/2005, 12:33 AM
Paul N.~

You should include that newspaper ad for GT/CS that you found when you were looking in your Dad's things....remember?

I heard that one true way to tell if you have an authentic CS is that when you turn the key to open the trunk, it lifts by itself instead of manually lifting it. Is that true?

~~~~Donna

390cs68rcode
08/23/2005, 04:18 AM
Paul N.~

You should include that newspaper ad for GT/CS that you found when you were looking in your Dad's things....remember?

I heard that one true way to tell if you have an authentic CS is that when you turn the key to open the trunk, it lifts by itself instead of manually lifting it. Is that true?

~~~~Donna

not a good way to tell. One of mine does not lift (I replaced the weatherstrip).

rvrtrash
08/23/2005, 09:26 AM
If you have a very large set of "Channellock" type pliers (we used to call them pump pliers on the farm) you can adjust the trunk lid tensioners and it should open on it's own.
Steve

Diesel Donna
08/23/2005, 09:35 AM
I've replaced my trunk weatherstripping too (and not very well either, it sags) But the trunk still lifts on it's own. Oh well, just an urban myth I heard I guess.

case12
08/23/2005, 10:10 AM
The trunk lid is notorious for popping up quickly because it is fiberglass, where the non-GTCS were metal. The lower weight of the fiberglass lets the springs push hard and fast. Not a determination of a GTCS, but certainly a possible symptom that many have. Casey

Diesel Donna
08/23/2005, 10:12 AM
I'll buy that !

sam
08/23/2005, 04:34 PM
Paul, still haven't heard back from you if you have my data on my CalSpec. I've sent you a digital pic with serial nos and other perinant data as it relates to my car.

Please let me know, as I'd like to be included in the new registry. Thanks.

Peter Brown
Nashua, NH aka SAMS68

68gt390
08/26/2005, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if the deadline has been extended? Don't think I'll make the 30 Aug deadline. Between trying to get ready for the Grand Nationals and totaling my Toyota this month, things are a little hectic. :'(

On a brighter note: Paul: I should have the pre-production photo's of the CS diecast sometime next week. Will let you know when I have them. Would like to email to you to have a look see at and get your imput on them.

Don

PNewitt
08/26/2005, 12:11 PM
As of 8/25/05, here are some more cars that have been registered by owners. (excuse me for any mispelled names):

K. Houle
C. Holzhauser
C Leonard
D. Patterson (second one)
S. Perkins
J. Weider

Most of these had copies of the Marti Report included, and some had CDs with photos. I wish to thank everyone for sending this information. I VERY MUCH appreciate everyone who "rushed" their materials together to get them to me by the end of August.

Although, despite my "deadline" of the end of August, since there are still registrations coming in, and I will need to extend the deadline until Sept. 30.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

p.s. :

Donna--you are right. There is a specific Ford part number for the CS trunk lid spring.

Peter--yes, I do have your info and photos.

case12
08/26/2005, 02:45 PM
Donna--you are right. There is a specific Ford part number for the CS trunk lid spring.

Wow - I didnt know that....a different Ford part number for the CS trunk lid spring than for other 68 mustangs? Casey

sam
08/26/2005, 03:47 PM
Great Paul, I'm glad you have my info for the registry.

Thank you

Peter Brown/Nashua,NH aka SAMS68

Invertedflyby
08/31/2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for extending the deadline. My car is locked up in storage but I will try to get some pics from before it was stored to send in. I purchased the Elite report from Marti a month ago, is there any way for you to get enough info from him to include in the book since I won't get the report back for another 4-5 months? I plan on starting on the restore in Januray.

PNewitt
09/03/2005, 09:03 PM
It looks like I'll begin on the compilation of the 1988 and 1996 editions--along with some new information, from late Sept., through all of October. I will then be doing a BIG mass mailing to the folks on my list to comfirm data, and include any new information for this new edition. This will be a self-explanatory mailer about a few topics, not just the book.

So--that means that realistically, you all have until late October to get everything to me.

My apologies with the delay--and the "uncertain" time frame, but this time it's "a go". All planned out.

I can't give an available-printed-copy timeframe, but it should be late November-Dec 2005.

Thanks again,
Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry.

390cs68rcode
09/13/2005, 01:15 PM
I will be getting you my info late Spetember for my 2 CS's.

68Fan
09/13/2005, 02:00 PM
A new record for your Registry (VIN 8R01C152052). I received the "Marti" report this morning via fax and can provide you with more details if requested.

Best Regards,

Sean (aka 68Fan)

390cs68rcode
09/13/2005, 02:38 PM
Sean:

here is what and where you need to send your info to:

Send your videos to: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617. Please send them to me before Sept 30th, 2005. Paul N.

p.s. for those who sent still photos only (and don't have access to a video camera), don't fret--we'll shoot those with a video camera--so everyone who sent photos will get on the DVD.

Note: the same address can be used to send your GT/CS Registration, copies of the invoice, Marti Report, photos, etc. Please include your name, address, VIN number, door tag numbers, and any options or stories, etc., you would like to include. Also encose a photo(s), or digital photos on a CD.

imported_tree
09/14/2005, 06:54 AM
paul. did you get information about my vehicle that i sent a month ago. if not please noteify me and will send again . thanks tery.

Mustanglvr
09/14/2005, 07:59 AM
Are we supposed to be in the pics with our cars? Or are they just supposed to be car pics?

Rhonda

Mosesatm
09/14/2005, 08:36 AM
Are we supposed to be in the pics with our cars? Or are they just supposed to be car pics?

Rhonda

Oh no, Rhonda, I thnk you just opened the door for them to start the wet t-shirt subject again!!! :D

390cs68rcode
09/14/2005, 10:58 AM

Rhonda

;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Mustanglvr
09/14/2005, 11:43 AM
:P Arrrrrggggghhhh

Invertedflyby
09/14/2005, 06:07 PM
Paul,

Did you get my registry info? I filled out the online form and sent info and pics via snailmail.

Brandon

PFSlim
09/26/2005, 08:15 AM
Paul

I wanted to check to make sure you received our CD of our restoration.

Can we assist your efforts in any other way????

Paul

imported_tree
09/26/2005, 09:56 PM
paul , did you get information about my car , i sent it about a month ago. do you need me to fax marti report. ,whats the fax number if so . thanks terry/tree

BroadwayBlue
09/27/2005, 07:14 PM
Although, despite my "deadline" of the end of August, since there are still registrations coming in, and I will need to extend the deadline until Sept. 30.

Paul,

Any chance on extending the deadline through this weekend? I was hoping to take some decent pics this weekend. Wasn't able to the past 2 weekends and it's getting dark quickly after work these days.
Please let me know . If not I will send what I have ASAP.

Thank you!!

Rich

390cs68rcode
09/27/2005, 07:55 PM
I think on the second page he states the end of October. double check.

BroadwayBlue
09/27/2005, 07:59 PM
I think on the second page he states the end of October. double check.

I missed that one. Last I saw was a few above that which stated 9/30.
Thanks! This is great! It was bad enough I missed the calendar so I didn't want to miss this one.

Rich

PNewitt
09/28/2005, 10:42 AM
I'm not ignoring you....just real busy these days promoting my other book in L.A.

Yes--the end of October is a good time to wrap up getting new registry information. However--I WILL be mailing out a notice to everyone in the registry in early November to comfirm/update the information about their car (i.e. some have sold to new owners, etc.). So--if your materials aren't yet ready, you can slip it in to me by the end of November; but the sooner the better.

Next week, I'll dig out the info I've received in the past 6 months to answer some of you who have asked whether I've gotten them. At that time (in about 10 days, I'll list them out on this thread for you (by last name).

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to send in forms, and photos, and burn those CDs! I DO APPRECIATE IT!!

Paul.
(send to:
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617 USA

PNewitt
10/09/2005, 12:44 AM
OK--I waded through piles and piles of GT/CS-owner mail (just kidding, it was a neat arrangement of mail), and here are the results. I have it diviede up into three sets: pre-2005, 2005 mail with photos, and 2005 mail with photo-CDs included.

Here are the registrations I received post-1996; after the last time I updated the registry (thanks to all of you who have sent infor about your GT/CS or '68 HCS... These are all by first initial, and last name. A few of these might already be IN the 1996 Registry, with supplements sent since that time. Sorry--this is not in alphabetical or chronological order (about 100 new cars for the Registry):

D. Percy B. Wacker (found car) P. Miller
K & J Caulkins B Bednorz C Sellers
A Sanders D Jones J Flowers
G Fogg E Forge J Fransen
D Garcia H Goerlitz D Greer
J & J Guerra S & D Hamilton A Ortega
S Ostwinkle D Porter T Prince
G Ramsey J Albright D Hamby
G Happel S Harmon D Howick
C&E Hood R&L Normadin C Jackson
T Jaskowski B Myers J&S Morris
R Moore J Minder M Miles
P Migliore M Meade M Malnerich
M Marchese E Lentz J&S Keeley
J Kermond H Kirchecki J Ross
M Aaron E Adams D Boykin
C Brewer J Burch T&N Butler (2)
J Buckbee F Carr K Caulkins
D Choquette J Davis M Eggert
B Curtis H Phelps M Vuicich (?)
F Weber M Walker L Williams
C Winters S Ybarra C Wood
J Morris R Waid D Patterson
J Korte M Sebeny D Sielke
J Smith D Sommer L Smith
A Stacey J Stockseth R Pride
A Sanders R Stevenson F Gielow
D Armstrong K Avery P Crouch
M Holland G Jackson R McGuire
T Moore T Morez J Mowbray
R&K Powell G Wilson A Taylor
R Gandy D Allred A Catanzaro
J Smark R Deweese J Dinning
P Kopper A Denis L&S Smith
W Romkey M Loffler J Pezzolesi
E Wnuk G Williams B Pearce
N Petherick J Lee W Benson
D Hagen T Wells W Murphy
F Barros J Bain W Flood
S&R Bentley D Boykin S Fillkill
A Reay D McCann
8)

PNewitt
10/09/2005, 12:45 AM
And!! Those in 2005, some with photos, and/or Marti reports. Thanks to you for taking and sending photos--and for sending copies of your reports:

T Elledge
C Sprinkle
D Percy
K Ma
A Curry
H Torres
E Tucker
R Fee
S Wick
C Hill
K Larremore
T Ellidge (2)
T Moore
N&K Butler
J Pezzolesi
D Patterson
J Aronis
M Marsalone
C Broz
D Jackson
C Leonard
A&B Moses
R Murphy
F Peugh
B Martin
D Beal
N&K Bazant
J Cattin
R McKeska

8)

PNewitt
10/09/2005, 12:46 AM
NOW--those sent with photo-CDs (and with Marti reports, etc., too.). Thank you for taking the time to make these CDs for me:

B Froelich
G&J Martin
S Perkins
K Houle
M Wang
B&K Cooley
B Myers
B Hughes
P&B Stevenson
P Dines
G Kaminski
J Weider

TOTAL--we won't know until all the numbers are in, but we might have another 150-200 cars in the GT/CS (HCS) Registry since 1996! That's pretty awesome!

Thanks to all of you!!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar. 8)

68sunlitgold
10/18/2005, 06:12 PM
Paul,
can't wait to get the new registry...I can already imagine the late nights staying up reading it cover to cover as soon as it arrives.

Doug

nfrntau
10/18/2005, 07:52 PM
Ditto!

luisa2552
10/19/2005, 10:41 PM
Ok, I don't see my name, do I have time to send again (form and Marti report)
Sara

coloradoHCS
10/20/2005, 07:47 AM
Paul, I was on the July list of information sent in but not on these latest. Should I resend info? Mark.

PNewitt
10/20/2005, 11:51 AM
Here is some new information--

1. IF you have ever been on a list here, you are OK. I have your material. If, for some reason, you think It didn't get to me, resend it to me ONLY at my "snail mail" address.

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

I've extended the deadling for "stuff" (data, photos on CD or prints) to November 30th. For those who rushed around getting thingsto me--I do appreciate your efforts, but many have still asked if they can send in info. We're up to something like 820 cars now --total (plus the ones Bob teets sent me, which could add 30 or more CS and HCS cars.

2. DO NOT E-MAIL me your information. My wind-up 56k modem will choke and fry if you send large files.

3. A preview of the book: I'm combining and re-editing the 1988 and 1996 editions. PLUS I'm adding more coverage on the Little Red and Green Hornet cars. I also can't say much about this, but I have some new information that you will really like.

There will be new, and more photos. Most will be in B&W, but I'm trying to do color as much as possible; maybe the registry cars' photos.

I'm adding info on how to build a contemporary CS with new tech parts. Something to blow the doors off an Eleanor, or something like that...

I'm scouring the message boards here for common questions, that I can address. There is a lot of need for maintance info about taillights, fiberglass, stripes, fog lights, etc. Lots on that, too. I think info on just how to keep a '68 Mustang going in today's world is important, too. Such as...not everyone knows how to align a '68, and there are unecessary scams out there. We're in "survivor" mode now. It's not like it was....

I will try to include info on the '07 or '08 GT/CS from SVT/Shelby, and about the upcoming "Califronia Edition" from the No. Calif Ford dealers, which should appear in early Nov. at dealer's showrooms (I'm suggesting a handful of accessories for that car, too, like side scops, T-shirts, key fobs, etc...).

I've sent a letter to SAAC, asking "how" we might get absorbed into the SAAC registry, and/or get some sort of special recognition as a Shelby Automotive product. SAAC is producing a new Shelby Mustang Registry in a year or two, and I'm trying to get our cars in there--so we'll see. No word back yet.

I might hit 100-200 pages. We'll see.

Psst!....Don't tell anyone, but I'm looking into some making some neat "freebies" that will come with the book, that you can put on your car....and on your jacket, too. The word is "mum"; you'll just have to wait. (no jumping up and down now, you'll hit your head on the ceiling!!) LOL

So--this will be fun, and I'm sure that this book will affect values, too--since information is everything, right?

Stay Tuned. A lot is coming together all at once here.

Paul Newitt

mmarsalone
10/20/2005, 03:36 PM
Paul,

Any chance you might bring back the the steering wheel and dash emblems you once produced?

Thanks,
Mike

acme
10/20/2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Paul, my name was not in your forms update (Robert Sprague) for the new registry. Did you receive my registry application? Please respond ASAP, I do not want to miss the new registry.
My info is: Robert Sprague, 909 210-3325 E-MAIL metclub61@juno.com
VIN # 8R01C154026

PNewitt
10/20/2005, 11:23 PM
Hi Paul, my name was not in your forms update (Robert Sprague) for the new registry. Did you receive my registry application? Please respond ASAP, I do not want to miss the new registry.
My info is: Robert Sprague

I'll have to check, but your name is real familiar to the recent pages that I've been going over.

Sometimes, I get letters that aren't like gettng a returned registry form, and in the letter--they mention the VIN and data tag, etc. So--I have to go through every piece of mail like that--and I have several year's worth of letters that I have gone through. It can be tedious--but necessary to be complete.

That is why I might miss something, or why it's not on the last few lists that I've done.

Robert--if it isn't any trouble--you might want to resend your info to me (look for my address in his thread).

Thanks to all for doing that for me!

Paul.

acme
10/22/2005, 09:07 PM
My info is: Robert Sprague

I'll have to check, but your name is real familiar to the recent pages that I've been going over.

Sometimes, I get letters that aren't like gettng a returned registry form, and in the letter--they mention the VIN and data tag, etc. So--I have to go through every piece of mail like that--and I have several year's worth of letters that I have gone through. It can be tedious--but necessary to be complete.

That is why I might miss something, or why it's not on the last few lists that I've done.

Robert--if it isn't any trouble--you might want to resend your info to me (look for my address in his thread).

Thanks to all for doing that for me!

Paul.
hi paul i resent my info in your on line registry,
please let me know if you got it. thank you for all the work you are doing for the hobby/owners/world on the registry. i really appreciate how much effort goes into a project of this size. you are my hero. p.s. i dont know if it matters but, i am moving soon and all of my info will change. thank you again. robert sprague

somethingspecial
10/23/2005, 08:56 PM
Hi Paul, I left you a phone message the other day, haven't heard back yet. I need two registry forms, as a freind of mine just purchase a GT/CS. Hope to hear from you. Mike

J.Bart
10/24/2005, 10:17 PM
HELLO PAUL,
I THOUGHT I REGISTERED A FEW YEARS BACK, MAYBE I MEANT TO AND FORGOT . I DIDN'T SEE MY NAME ON THE LIST, SO I REGISTERED ON THIS WEB SITE.
CAN YOU VERIFY FOR ME, I WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRY YOUR WORKING ON.
J. BART HENNEFER
8R01J156645
THANK YOU
JBART

admin
10/24/2005, 11:12 PM
Just to clarify, using the online form here on the site to add to the Registry isn't the same as sending them to Paul directly. I've burned a CD of those cars submitted via the web site and will mail it to Paul this week, but that only includes the very basic of info. In order to include photos or more detail you should snail mail it directly to Paul.

68gt390
10/25/2005, 04:36 AM
Paul;
CD with marti report and photo's mailed 10/24/05.

Don 8)

Powell
10/29/2005, 09:35 AM
I'm wrapping up my other book project this week, and am NOW ready to dive into the new 2005 GT/CS Registry Book project.

This book will be the compilation of both the 1988 and 1996 books, with some great new items--along with some "secret goodies" that I'm sure you'll all like!

What I need to know is: What would YOU like to see in this book?? Every idea or suggestion is encouraged. Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?

I will be listing the cars in the registry, (name, VIN, Door Tag info) with boxes checked (or not) for "concours/driver/custom/orig. owner, etc. and if a copy of the invoice, window sticker and/or Marti report in included. I will also mention if it's won any trophies or awards.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions--

This thread (sticky?) will keep you posted on the book's progress. Target date for completion is Fall 2005.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Paul, I have been trying unsuccessfully to check and make sure my information has been updated for the new registrty. How do I get a registry form If the online registry here is not sufficient?

Thanks for any help you can be.

Ralph
powells.signs@verizon.net

coloradoHCS
10/29/2005, 10:52 AM
Pauk, a CD with 3 new pics sent out yesterday to be included with my file , thanks, Mark.

Mustanglvr
10/29/2005, 11:51 AM
Paul, I sent a letter with Marti report and pics the other day. Rhonda

PNewitt
10/30/2005, 12:17 PM
Here are a few more that I recently received:

D. Potter
W. Ulriksen
C Boyce
J. Huey
D. Culwell

More to follow--Thanks!!

Paul N.

PNewitt
11/01/2005, 03:02 PM
Here are a few more that I got today:

Schrader
Niksic
Truitt
Reina

and ones from Blackfoot, ID, and Santa Cruz, CA

Thanks to you all for making the effort (and for paying that postage!)

Paul N. 8)

PFSlim
11/02/2005, 10:39 AM
Paul N.

What is your new estimation on the completed package? Not trying to push, just interested in your progress. :D

Paul

PNewitt
11/05/2005, 10:33 PM
Well, as much as I'd like to say "before the end of the year", it's probably going to be more like Feb 06.

I just finished one book (on Model RR), and I'm making collectible high-end 2' tall Space Needle models (with lights), then I have a small edit job on another book I did in 1984 (non Mustang).

So--I am at least pooling together info and data, and photos, as well as feelers out there for some new research, but I can say that this will probably be the best book ever on a specific Classic Mustang. I don't mean to overstate it, but I am enthusiastic about it very much. I have yet to hear from SAAC, too.

All of your support has made this new book happen, and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

So--that is the truth of it. I do manage to do something on it every day. My books are always quite comprehensive--and make for a fun read.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode
11/06/2005, 06:30 AM
and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

Yes, I am the president of the more money than brains club sometimes. ;)

good to see something triggered the revision, glad I could help.

Diesel Donna
11/06/2005, 08:25 AM
Yaaaaaaaaayyyy JB And Paul !!

I had been out of the loop with my CS for quite a while with 'life changes' and also had trouble registering on this site a couple years ago so I just forgot about it. Then I was determined to get on here and found that Paul was starting another book. I would have been crushed to learn that I might have missed it! It has renewed my craziness about my car.
I hope that the owners of CS's that I met years ago at Knott's have registered their cars. I still carry around copies of Paul's original registration to give to CS owners that I find.
I tried to chase down a white CS on Hwy. 18 in Apple Valley, Ca. last week, had an elderly couple driving it. But I was in my huge old ambulance and caught a couple of red lights.Wish I could have...um... 'pulled them over' with my own red lights. I'm sure I'll find them again.
Anyhow I am utterly grateful to JB and Paul and look forward to this book!

~~~~donna

mmarsalone
11/06/2005, 12:52 PM
and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

Yes, I am the president of the more money than brains club sometimes. ;)

Jason, to steal a phrase from another web site..........." You paid too much!" ;D

Actually, I think it's great for Paul's books to get top dollar. I happen to get my 88 edition off Ebay for only $108, and it was signed by Paul.

Mike

390cs68rcode
11/06/2005, 04:12 PM
You paid too much!"

just doing my part to big the price up on these. law of averages. :)

Mustanglvr
11/07/2005, 06:42 AM
You paid too much!"

just doing my part to big the price up on these. law of averages. :)

So Jason, can we count on you to be at the Barrett-Jackson auction to bid on that GT/CS thats coming up? ;D ;)

390cs68rcode
11/07/2005, 07:19 AM
there is a shot I will be there. I might goose the bid a little.

Mustanglvr
11/07/2005, 08:37 AM
Great!

PNewitt
11/07/2005, 04:57 PM
there is a shot I will be there. I might goose the bid a little.

If you go, I'd like to know if Mr. Jackson really owns the "Green Hornet", and if there is a way to contact him for the book. Is this something that could be done while at this auction?

Thanks, Paul N.

390cs68rcode
11/07/2005, 05:40 PM
I wonder if Mr Jackson is approachable? Might be hard to pry him away from the podium and the head shaking and fist pumping he seems to always do.

PNewitt
11/14/2005, 04:20 PM
And, yet again, here are some more registrations that made it to me! (as of 11/13/05)

G. Comfort
S. Howell
R&J Schrader
M. Niksic
J Hennefer
M. Hoppe
R. Reina
R. Howell

Keep them coming! They all look great so far!
Thanks to everyone for going to the trouble and expense to send in their info!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

MArndt2001
11/16/2005, 08:20 PM
Paul,
Have you given any thought about putting your book out in hardback or softcover?

Mike

nfrntau
11/22/2005, 06:45 AM
I would like to see a hardback version.

PNewitt
11/22/2005, 11:54 PM
It all comes down to cost. Printing a hardcover would be expensive.

However, I'll look into it.

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue
11/28/2005, 10:07 PM
Paul,

I sent my info to you overnight via US Postal.
Please confirm receipt of it when you can.

Looking forward to the new book!

Thanks!
Rich

luisa2552
12/01/2005, 09:17 PM
I am the worlds biggest procrastinator. My info is sitting on my desk. It's in the mail tomorrow Paul.

BroadwayBlue
12/03/2005, 10:12 PM
I am the worlds biggest procrastinator. My info is sitting on my desk. It's in the mail tomorrow Paul.

Wow someone worse than me? It can't be!! I thought I was the worst.

luisa2552
12/03/2005, 11:10 PM
No, I can't be beat. It's still on my desk. Stamped, addressed and ready to go. Missed the mailman again.

luisa2552
12/03/2005, 11:10 PM
No, I can't be beat. It's still on my desk. Stamped, addressed and ready to go. Missed the mailman again.

nfrntau
12/04/2005, 04:43 PM
Attention all procrastinators club members:

This weeks procrastinators club meeting has been postponed until next week. Again.

PFSlim
12/09/2005, 02:29 PM
Paul

What is your new estimated time of getting the new books out? No hurry, just curious about your thoughts.

Paul

Invertedflyby
12/16/2005, 05:57 PM
Paul, I just posted pics of my Elite Report in the gallery.

BroadwayBlue
12/17/2005, 06:05 PM
Paul,

I had sent you my info via Express Mail back at the end of November.

I know you usually post a list of who received from. Could you at least let us know when you anticipate posting the next list of received info?

Thanks!
Rich

PNewitt
12/19/2005, 04:43 PM
Here are the latest that I have received (as of Dec 19, 2005):

Teets (I got both boxes)
R. Garcia
J. Stevens (thanks!)
G. Brewer
D. Martino
T. Moore

Stay Tuned...as you know, Xmas mail can be slow.

-Paul N.

joedls
12/19/2005, 07:10 PM
I should be able to get pics done this weekend with the new supercahrged motor and hood w/CJ scoop. Unfortunately I am having problems locating the "Supercharged" script I want. I'll just have to send pics without the script for now. I hope it won't be too late for the registry?

BroadwayBlue
12/19/2005, 07:20 PM
Here are the latest that I have received (as of Dec 19, 2005):

Teets (I got both boxes)
R. Garcia
J. Stevens (thanks!)
G. Brewer
D. Martino
T. Moore

Stay Tuned...as you know, Xmas mail can be slow.

-Paul N.

Paul,
Can you verify if "D. Martino" should be "R. DiMarino" ?
I sent mine Express so it should have gotten to you by 11/29 or 11/30.
Sorry just want to make sure it got there.
Thank you!!

Rich

CJ 56
12/30/2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Paul
being new to this, I may have mised the boat sending the info to you.
I would like my car to be in the registry but understand if it is too late.

Jason has just seen it in NZ and taken allot of pictures for you and 2 copyies of the Marti ELITE Report.

I now also see you are looking for video's too. is it too late, would take about 2 weeks to get to you, maybe 3 weeks at this time of year.

Detail of My NZ GT/CS

Serial Number 8R01C141312

289 2v ( Now 4v Edelbrock with Holly)
C4
2.79 Diff

Meadowlark Yelllow ( now red)

Serialized 02/01/68
Bucked 02/08/68
Schelduled for build 02/13/68
Buiit 02/13/68

The marti report says one of only 8 idential California Specials built to this spec.

There is some thing special about it as there is a NZ collector that has try to buy it from the two previous NZ owners and when it came back on the maket and I got it ( the collector was late in the line) He offered the seller an addition $5k NZ to break the deal and sell to him. I am trying to get as much history on this car from the previous owner, who also knows the first owner, ( he is away over seas untill Feb but have contacted him by e-mail) Maybe this car has a significant US history??

What else can I send you over the net?

It is too late for a video?

CJ 56

PNewitt
12/31/2005, 12:57 AM
Hi CJ,

I am curious about the "One of 8" comment from Marti. What does that mean?

Sure--send me a video. A month or so is OK.

And! Quickly-- the following registrations, etc., have arrived here:

T. Moore
C. Boyce
H. Elledge

Thanks!!

Paul N.

Mosesatm
12/31/2005, 05:43 AM
According to the '88 registry that is the 3rd GT/CS built.

390cs68rcode
12/31/2005, 07:50 AM
According to the '88 registry that is the 3rd GT/CS built.

where are you getting this info?

my 88 reg shows 118687, 120928, 120013 (it shows this as a S code) as the first 3 registered cars (page 56).

Mustanglvr
12/31/2005, 10:06 AM
There must be a difference between registered and built?

390cs68rcode
12/31/2005, 10:52 AM
There must be a difference between registered and built?

I agree there will be many more built than registered.

Unregistered
12/31/2005, 01:23 PM
Sorry, I skipped page 56 and started on 57.

390cs68rcode
12/31/2005, 02:53 PM
Sorry, I skipped page 56 and started on 57.

after writing my response I looked at it and figured that.

CJ 56
12/31/2005, 03:42 PM
HI Paul

Will get that video camera out in a few days, wet weather here right now for 2-3 days. If you live close to Jason he has seen my Marti and has 2 copies.
Will send a copy with my tape too.

Happy New Year.

gt bandit
01/01/2006, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE=PNewitt]Hi Casey!

Great ideas--and I'd like to do all of them. I also want to add a page for folks that just bought one, and wonder what to do next.

I like the Idea of capturing some Info for New Owners , with new ownership just around the corner for myself - i think this will be a great asset , specially since my new CS will be Down Under. Where Info and other CS cars are just about Non - Existent ---------------

another Idea would be for an International Section , to see how far the CS has spread.

Mustanglvr
01/01/2006, 09:23 AM
The member map helps show us where everybody is, if they`d just put in that information.

PNewitt
01/20/2006, 04:53 PM
Here is another quick update...(shades of a "MovieTone Newsreel", huh?):

The book, right now, has been spec'd out to 180 pages. That's everything.

Everyone has been just great about sending in photos, data, and notes. I can't thank everyone enough for the encouraging words.

We're working on updating the mailing list. I dusted it off from 1996, and there are roughly 150-200 new cars and people since about ten years ago. This is awesome!

The plan is for me to do new layouts on the computer, plug in the text and photos and diagrams from the 1988 and 1996 editions--with a LOT of NEW material, including the Green Hornet story, and more concours information.

Next, is to subsequently put together and mail out about 1,000 notices to confirm the registration of everyone's GT/CS and HCS. The second purpose of the notices is to offer the book for sale, at a later date. I should be offering the book in hardbound, with some "special goodies" as a packaged deal. I would like to do a limited run of 1,000 to 1,500 copies, all signed and numbered by myself. None of these details are "solid" at this time, but that is the direction I am going. I don't want to offer the book for (pre) sale until it's at least 80% done, with only the Registry and photos of cars to complete, before going to the printer.

The target date for the mailer is March, and the book's target date is May.
If you are not on my mailing list (or you have a new address that I am not aware of), please send an SASE to:

Paul M. Newitt / GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

Thanks for all your support!!
(and yes, T-Shirts are in the plan, too)

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

Jayscal
01/20/2006, 10:23 PM
Paul...

That is awesome news, Thank you.

BroadwayBlue
01/21/2006, 10:38 PM
I know this may sound like a dumb question but ...

If we sent our info and photos in is it safe to assume we're on your mailing list?

luisa2552
01/21/2006, 10:52 PM
I don't think it's a dumb question. I was going to post the same thing after reading Paul's post until I scrolled down and read yours!

PNewitt
01/22/2006, 09:28 PM
Absolutely! If you mailed me something, especially since mid-1996, you are automatically placed on my mailing list.

I just have to update any new addresses to names, and whether cars were sold, bought, etc., to those on my list.

Not a silly question. If you already sent me info, you'll still get the mailer later this spring. Just ignore that stuff I'll say about sending in registry info, photos, etc., because you already did!

Thanks!

Paul N.

CJ 56
01/23/2006, 02:14 AM
HI Paul from NZ, have all my docs and pics on CD together and video , thought I would send it by International Courier to ensure they get to you.
If you are OK with this can you send me an address where to send it. Couriers do not like PO Boxes
You can send details direct to my e-mail at home.
chris.f@xtra.co.nz
If you just want me to send via PO Box ( taking longer and a bit more risky from overseas) also drop me a mail at home any way.

CJ56

rvrtrash
01/23/2006, 03:12 AM
I would like to do a limited run of 1,000 to 1,500 copies, all signed and numbered by myself.
Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

Man are you going to have writer's cramp!:grin: Thanks for all the hard work Paul.

Steve

hookedtrout
01/23/2006, 05:48 AM
Absolutely! If you mailed me something, especially since mid-1996, you are automatically placed on my mailing list.

I just have to update any new addresses to names, and whether cars were sold, bought, etc., to those on my list.

Not a silly question. If you already sent me info, you'll still get the mailer later this spring. Just ignore that stuff I'll say about sending in registry info, photos, etc., because you already did!

Thanks!

Paul N.

What about those of us that registered for the first book and all our info is still the same? Do we need to re-register?

Cory

PNewitt
01/23/2006, 10:40 PM
Only if you have changed your address since 1988 (first book) (or 1996 for that matter); and/or you wish to send better photos of your CS (or HCS). Some folks may have finished a restoration, etc.

I will compile ALL information for each car together, by VIN, then include it into the registry.

I will accept any and all info on new or pre-existing cars. Either do it now, or wait for the mailer--assuming that you are on the list.

Thanks again for your support...

Paul Newitt

PNewitt
01/23/2006, 10:43 PM
One more thing...

A wish to extend a special thanks to Bob Teets for sending me all those post cards with information on them. Quite an effort, and it is much appreciated. Bob included CS and HCS cars seen on EBAY.

Thanks, Bob!

Paul.

PNewitt
02/07/2006, 01:00 AM
Just an update.

Registered cars might hit 1,000 very soon, as I go over the paperwork.

Paul N.

Redwingrobb
02/10/2006, 08:58 PM
Paul, just got my car yesterday. Can I snail mail you my Marti Report? Robb

nfrntau
02/11/2006, 07:04 AM
Does Robbs make 1,000?

68MustangHCS
02/19/2006, 03:48 PM
Yaaa!, but I'd like to know where are the other 3118 cars. I think the longer this registry is here, the more cars will come out.

PNewitt
02/22/2006, 11:57 AM
It's safe to say that at least one-half of all the GT/CS cars are gone. Wrecked, salvaged, rusted, stolen, out of the country, and crushed. It might be as high as 2/3rds. Remember--it's been 38 years.

The highest compliance rate for SAAC is about 30%--among all of their Mustang-Shelby registries. Ours is about 24%. Pretty good.

Yes--Robb,and all others--there is still time to get info to me:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

thanks to everyone again for taking the time to mail me info!

Paul N.

luisa2552
02/22/2006, 06:23 PM
Paul are you still accepting pictures? If so, what format? The actual photos or on CD? My car will be done at the end of the week and I'd love to have pics in the registry if there is time...
Sara

PNewitt
02/23/2006, 12:07 PM
Yes, Sara, I will still accept photos, either as prints, or on a PhotoCD. I use a Mac, although I have a friend with a PC that can translate anything.

During late April, I'm going to send an informational letter-questionairre to everyone on the mailing list (over 1,000) with some questions, and information on ordering the book. I'll include some other goodies that you can order, too.

Paul N.

Redwingrobb
02/25/2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Paul. I was so worried I was going to be late I sent the Marti Report and a crappy Polaroid snapshot of the car--my apologies. If that doesn't work, let me know..Robb

cannetny
03/18/2006, 11:13 PM
Is there a way I can verify that you have my car listed? I remember sending you a form about my car a few years back. I can give you my VIN and stuff if you are able to check at this time. If not should I just resubmit the form?

HCS@CT
04/06/2006, 02:51 PM
Paul, I gave my info to Mr. Teets back when I got my HCS. I'm not sure if I got it to you or not. What sort of things do you need from me and could I email it to you? Can you pull pics off of our galleries on this site with your Mac? The reason I ask that question is my personal info, Marti, and at least one good photo is in my gallery. Thanks Rand

lwlw
04/11/2006, 07:54 PM
Too Late?

John McGilvary
04/12/2006, 10:44 PM
Paul, I am John the guy who has the R code CS , you called me on the phone awhile back. Just wanted to let you know that I am on line now but I'm old school, you know, phone, mail and old stuff like that. Boy those guys over on the 428cj registery are sure talking about my CS. Don't know if its because its a California Special with a 428cj, or that it was the first 428cj produced at the San Jose plant ( Kevin Marti). Don't know if you'll get this, John

Mustanglvr
04/12/2006, 10:53 PM
Wow John, its a pleasure to have you on our site. You have a very rare car. I sure hope you can keep coming back to this site. I know theres alot of people that would love to talk with you. I know Paul would love the chance to talk to you again. Please post some pictures of your car when you can, it would be a thrill to see it. Welcome to the GT/CS family, where you`re always welcome. Rhonda

390cs68rcode
04/13/2006, 04:04 AM
Paul, I am John the guy who has the R code CS , you called me on the phone awhile back. Just wanted to let you know that I am on line now but I'm old school, you know, phone, mail and old stuff like that. Boy those guys over on the 428cj registery are sure talking about my CS. Don't know if its because its a California Special with a 428cj, or that it was the first 428cj produced at the San Jose plant ( Kevin Marti). Don't know if you'll get this, John

John:

Good to see you here. If you need help putting pictures online just send me a email ( gtcs68390@aol.com ) and I will take care of it for you. We would love to hear about your 428. Also, if you want to sell it I will buy it.

Mustanger
04/13/2006, 11:01 AM
Welcome John,

It's always great to have another person join our special, as in California Special, group!

John McGilvary
04/14/2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks, it realy feels good to find guys that care as much about CS's and Mustangs as I do. 38 years ago when I bought my CS, everyone asked me why I didn't get an SS, RT, Vet, or a Camaro, if I wanted to go fast. Well I got the car I wanted they all got to see my tail lights when we raced. What I am trying to say is when our cars first came out they got little respect from the racers and the public. But look at us now! John

John McGilvary
04/14/2006, 10:43 PM
John:

Good to see you here. If you need help putting pictures online just send me a email ( gtcs68390@aol.com ) and I will take care of it for you. We would love to hear about your 428. Also, if you want to sell it I will buy it.
I sent Paul a picture of my CS with my registration. I also see you have a copy of my Marti report. If you would like to get the piture from Paul and put it online I would'nt mind if Paul dosen't. John

John McGilvary
04/14/2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks, it realy feels good to find guys that care as much about CS's and Mustangs as I do. 38 years ago when I bought my CS, everyone asked me why I didn't get an SS, RT, Vet, or a Camaro, if I wanted to go fast. Well I got the car I wanted they all got to see my tail lights when we raced. What I am trying to say is when our cars first came out they got little respect from the racers and the public. But look at us now! John

lwlw
04/15/2006, 07:29 PM
Hope we are not too late - please let me know and I can overnight a pkg with a copy of our Marti report and some pics:

X-code
VIN: 8R01X155900
DOOR DATA PLATE INFO:

8 = 1968
R = Built at San Jose
01 = Mustang Hardtop
X = 390-2V
65A = Mustang Hardtop
M = Wimbleson White Paint, Ford #1619-A
2D = Red Standard Bucket Seats
04D = Scheduled for Build: April 4, 1968
Car was actually provides on April 17, 1968
73 = Salt Lake City Ordering District
1 = 2.75 standard axle ratio
U = C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic

OrderType = STOCK
DSO ITEM# 2700
Dealer# 73H582
Wink Ford Inc, Havre MT 59501

Options ordered:
Red Paint Stripe
California Special
C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
F70X14 Wide Oval Tires
White Sidewall Nylon Tires
Power Steering
AM Radio

We purchased the car in 2002.
It has what we believe is factory installed A/C
She is currently Red with the White Stripe

Mustanglvr
04/15/2006, 10:28 PM
lwlw, if your Marti report does`nt say "Selectaire" air conditioning, then it probably was`nt factory installed. If it is an under the dash type of AC then it was dealer installed. The other members will correct me if I`m wrong.

lwlw
04/17/2006, 02:09 PM
It's not under dash, will have to re-check my reading skills on the Marti report, It was late when I was typin'

ponyboy
04/18/2006, 06:10 AM
Hey Paul , is it too late to send you my info and Marti report? Rich

Stacey Enderle
07/03/2006, 05:12 PM
Just to let everyone know, I will work on the body of the book first, then work on the registry.

I will do a mailing to everyone (on the mailing list), and ask for any updates, if they need/want to get a Marti report, etc..--and about the book for sale, advance orders, etc.

So--all of this will take place during late this summer. Anyone who wishes to send in their registration info (and many already have--thank you) with photo(s) of their car may so from right now, to about late August 2005.

Paul.

Your first two books, the information from those. Will the the registration of the earlier cars be included in your latest book?

Stacey

390cs68rcode
07/03/2006, 06:47 PM
Your first two books, the information from those. Will the the registration of the earlier cars be included in your latest book?

Stacey

yes :smile:

Stacey Enderle
07/05/2006, 08:20 PM
That's a great idea, and I appreciate the offer to check it out, but I bought the whole paper version (about six 3" binders full of paper) some years ago.

It's a neat book to have, too. It has everything!!

Thanks for thinking of this,

Paul N.

Hi Paul,

I'm wondering what all features the decor option had (the woodgrain on dash, door panels etc.) and how many cars had that feature put in, how many are left.

Stacey

Stacey Enderle
07/05/2006, 08:25 PM
Rhonda,

How do you put your avatar on, I tried and I'm not doing it right. How do you customize it?

Stacey

Mustanglvr
07/05/2006, 08:48 PM
I found a site that has free avatars made just for this. You save them to your computer like in "my pictures" and then go to your "user cp" here on the site. Then click to change your avatar. There is a place you can click to customize it. You click "browse" and "my pictures" should come up. Browse through and find the one you want and double click. I think you need to click upload, close the window and click apply after that. That should be it unless a message comes up saying the file is too big or something. I`ve tried animated ones, but so far can only get one I like to work.

PNewitt
07/22/2006, 11:00 AM
Recent submissions (as of July 22) include:

B. Walker

D. Censner

M. Mills

J. Huey (CD)

thanks!

68sunlitgold
07/23/2006, 02:33 PM
Paul,
I know you have my Marti report, but I sent you some pics of the car and other CS pics I have collected that I thought you may like. Sent it on Weds so it should be there this week sometime.

Doug

PNewitt
07/23/2006, 07:31 PM
Hey Doug!

First of all--the best to you on your next mission. You have quite a following here--that greatly respect you!

Thanks for the info, and I'll hold out a book or two (and other goodies) for you.

When you get back, we'll find a way to help you get your CS the way you want it.!

Take care....and we're thinking of ya,

Paul.

Stacey Enderle
07/24/2006, 07:44 PM
Hi Paul,

I mailed off 2 copies of the Marti Report and 3 photos of my CS. If there's anything that I'm missing please let me know. I had sent it off by priority mail so it should arrive to your destination either tomorrow (July 25th) or day after. Please reserve one of your books and a diecast model of a royal maroon CS. I'm dying to get those!

Stacey

8milereb
08/07/2006, 12:00 PM
I have tried now unsuccessfully for a week to submit my GT/CS information to your Registry. When I hit send at the bottom of the application page I get an error report saying the web site/page/link I am attempting to send this to does not exist.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Mark

admin
08/07/2006, 10:24 PM
Mark,

See my response to your post in the Test and Help forum.

Submitting to the online form is not the quickest way to get to Paul, and will not get to him in time for the new book. Please snail mail it to him directly (and ASAP) for inclusion in the book.

PNewitt
08/14/2006, 07:27 PM
AS OF August 14th, here are the latest arrivals to the Registry:

J. Hanna (thank you! Shirt, list, and your Marti report w/ photos)

Bob Teets--I got the cards

E. Stinson

R. Furstnow (2 cars)

J. Speegle

P. Thoren

M. Davis (via G. Davis)

D. Culwell (I got the candles!) Yuu!

Diesel Donna
08/15/2006, 08:33 PM
Hahahahaaaaa!! :tongue:

Mark Puls
08/16/2006, 08:18 AM
I just purchased a CS last week. I have the Marti report and would like to get in the registry if it is not to late. What is the quickest way to get my scanned copy of the Marti and pictures to Paul.

Mosesatm
08/16/2006, 08:21 AM
See post #127 in this thread.

jc68gtcs
08/16/2006, 08:18 PM
Paul, what is the best way to verify that you recieved my info for the registry? I know that you get a lot of this.. Sorry..

Mustanglvr
08/16/2006, 09:48 PM
I just purchased a CS last week. I have the Marti report and would like to get in the registry if it is not to late. What is the quickest way to get my scanned copy of the Marti and pictures to Paul.

Welcome to the site Mark! Glad you`re here. We`re just one big happy family!

PNewitt
10/16/2006, 12:28 PM
A GT/CS Recognition Guide Update:

There's a lot going on right now, but I'll give you a peek....

1. We obtained some terrific information from Kevin Marti (Marti Autoworks). This includes specific numbers of items for the GT/CS and the HCS. Such as: DSOs, Colors, Engine-Trans, interiors, etc., etc.. I think you'll be amazed at what you'll see, and discover just how rare your GT/CS or HCS really is!

2. I have acculimated over 1500 photos (20 years worth), all converted to Photo CDs.

3. There are some new folks to interview, such as a worker at A.O. Smith, and a few from the Milpitas Ford plant. I also have a contact that was there when they raced the '68 Trans Am cars, that "temporarily" used the GT/CS spoilers.

4. Every word of both books (1989, 1996) had been transcribed to disc for the new book. The entire amount of material (about 80,000 words) will need to be edited by myself. It's looking like 200 pages, hardbound, with some pages in color.

5. New features include: CS-specific electrical items restored, Vintage/Shelby performance parts, and San Jose (Milpitas) Plant specific concours guidelines. Concours restoration will be shown in great detail--with easy to follow procedures for the hobbyist. The "L'il Red", and the "Green Hornet" histories will be included. Also--a section on the 2007/2008 GT/CS, with production history and numbers.

6. Charts, graphs, flow chart, and cross-referenced production information.

7. Registry: Every form is being organized by hand, determined by VIN. Newer forms will be clipped to the old forms, to identify new owners, new info, photo CDs, Marti reports, letters, notes, etc. This has become a VERY tedious project, outside of just doing the book.

8. Other items being put together for production (pending legal-trademark & copyright approval), are GT/CS Decals, HCS Decals, 40th Anniversary Decals, Under-hood identifier plaques, deluxe key fobs, and possibly t-shirts.

9. I am aiming at spring '07 release for the book and most of the above. This should coincide with the Knott's Berry Farm FORD show.

10. A promotional information sheet, with a few survey questions is being put together right now, and mailed sometime in November. We are currently finishing up the 1200 name list. I will accept pre-orders for the book at that time (with numbered copy priority). This will be done ONLY by mail, and not through the internet (i.e. this site). This is because many owners do not go on the 'net, and I wish to give equal opportunity to order a preferred, early numbered and signed copy. I will offer the decals (and maybe something else (secret)) that can be sent out right away.

I hope that you understand that if I can't answer your questions or private messages here, it's because I'm 'buried" here in my work. This is my primary project right now, sometimes requiring 12-hour days and weekends, too.

Thanks so much for your support and interest!

Paul M. Newitt

gt bandit
10/16/2006, 04:27 PM
sounds great Paul , save an early copy for us O/seas comrades please. maybe in line with my last 3/4 Vin numbers ?

PNewitt
01/26/2007, 10:42 PM
Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Stacey Enderle
01/29/2007, 07:56 PM
Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Paul,

Wasn't there one car in the Phillipines and another in Iceland?

Stacey

PNewitt
01/29/2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Stacey!

Yes, you are right. We have "one more box" to look at and tie up some loose ends. This is a long,tedious process.

Getting more cars registered will help everyone.

thanks!

Paul.

PNewitt
02/03/2007, 12:22 PM
(posted 2/3/07)

I wanted to give you an update on the book, and it's (hopeful) production by this summer.

Behind the scenes from this website, I have been working hard on developing a very comprehensive book on not only the 1968 GT/CS, but also on the the 2007-2008 version GT/CS.

I have decided to go for an exclusive-looking book, with a few extra items that I think you'll like. At present, I hope to have a hard cover, 200 page book, with some pages in color. The GT/CS logo will embossed into the cover. I am trying to get a tote bag for the book, two decals (one is the original gold version, and a new 40th Anniv. decal), and a key fob (I have a promotions-items company working with me, but I'm open to other suppliers at this time. Attn: Tim). The retail cost per book, with the "trinkets" included will be $99 each, plus shipping.

Since the Mustang trademark issue with Ford legal has been so prominent (i.e. stores changing their name); I decided that I should approach them for a license to make the book and other related items. By having this license, it will open doors for future work of mine, and possibly, access to their archives. Handfulls of GT/CS items are unnoticed, but a book like this would require the proper agreements. Ford trademarked the GT/CS name in Jan 2006.

What this means is that I will have to pay a "good faith" advance royalty fee to Ford, which is a few thousand dollars. The printing of the book, and other items will also cost "several thousand dollars".

So--as determined as I am to complete this project, I will need some support. In about two weeks, I will be sending out a letter asking whether you would be interested in a book (or more than one), and if you would like to make a "reservation". No money is involved, just a note asking to be put on a priority list to get a "low-numbered" and signed book. I will be saving the first 100 (or so) books for myself to sell years later on EBAY. The letters I receive by mail will be accumulated by postmark date, and given a book number in that order. More than one by the same postmark will be selected alphabetically by last name. Note: please do not PM or e-mail me here, by U.S. Mail only).

I will need to know if I have interest in (by reservations only--no money sent) at least 300 books to proceed with this venture. This is why I am doing this mass mailing to all of you in about two weeks.

At the same time, I could mention the Grass Valley Air Show, the Picnic at the Jewell's, and a potential HCS BBQ in Colorado. This would cover over 600-700 folks on my list. This mailing will also determine the status of ownership, cars bought and/or sold, bad addresses, etc.

IF YOU ARE NOT YET ON MY MAILING LIST....

Send an SASE to me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617
If you sent in a registration for your GT/CS (within the past several years), you are already on my list. I'm still accepting registry information, so please "snail mail" me your car's info (and photos on CD) withing the next few weeks, since the Registry is now coming together. Car and owner information has been organized, filed and identified recently, and getting ready to compile into a database.

I'm hoping to get the book together ASAP, around my other (bill paying) work. My target date is "before July", but I'll know more about a specific date soon (printer production schedules, making items; and receiving production info on the 2008 GT/CS).

Thank You for your support.

Paul M. Newitt

limelyt
04/25/2007, 06:42 PM
Paul

I have just finished my registration form but when i go to sumit it keep telling me to go back and fill in info, as far as i can see all the info in done. I have a copy of the filled out form in pdf version. Can I email it to somone, and if so who?

thanks

Gary

68gt390
04/26/2007, 11:26 AM
Paul

I have just finished my registration form but when i go to sumit it keep telling me to go back and fill in info, as far as i can see all the info in done. I have a copy of the filled out form in pdf version. Can I email it to somone, and if so who?

thanks

Gary

Gary;
Go to the bottom of this page and click on "contact us". This will enable you to submit your problem directly to Jon who is our webmaster for the site. He can answer your questions on the registration page and fix any problems you may be having with it. Hope this helps.

Don

PNewitt
07/08/2007, 10:54 PM
In the continuing spirit of sharing the book's process with you all, here is an update, and information about the mailer that I am currently working on. I'll post this notice on two threads.

Although I have been talking about a mailer since (at least) June, the delay is not a matter of procrastination or hesitancy, but of timing. It's a bit like being between a rock and a hard place. This is not really a direct delay, but abuot how well I can juggle my time and maximize production and sales.

Applying for the license for the book requires obtaining insurance, then an application process. I can't go into the details, but know that all of this has been in the works for some time now.

I had originally thought of sending the mailer to about 1,000 folks on my mailing list, asking for a book deposit. After thinking this through, I've decided to send the mailer ASAP with a reservation form. If you wish to buy a book (or more than one) you will fill out the reservation form, and can return it with NO pre-order money required. It won't be a binding agreement, but I will be holding a book (or more) for you, with as low a number as possible. When the books are ready, books unpaid by this reservation will untimately go to another buyer. The unknown variable is the time it will actually take to finish the book--and the licensing process, so I wouldn't want to tie up your money for an undetermined length of time.

Your reservation(s) will give me a serious estimate of how many books I can sell in the short term, to finance this whole project. The insurance, license advance fee, printing & binding, DVDs, and other necessary items will cost quite a lot. I have had a couple of investors interested (which I greatly appreciate!!). What I'll need are some good numbers of those interested enough to buy a book (or more) when they become available. This is the missing part of this puzzle that I'll appreciate getting, once the returned reservation forms start coming in.

Once the mailer has gone out, In the meantime the book's writing, editing and production, will move ahead. There will be an undetermined time required for the license approval, including a review of the book. The licensing process will not hinder the continuation of the book's progress.

When the license is approved, and the book is ready to go to print, I will approach those with reservations for payment in full (including shipping) at that time. This will be explained in detail in the mailer you will receive. All of this may sound a bit confusing, but I am definately moving forward despite the required legal and financial requirements. I'm able to include the 2008 GT/CS production data and history, which will really make this a complete history book of the GT/CS (and makes the book's "delay" actually an advantage).

In the meantime--I'm finishing up the mailer ASAP, and it will go out very soon!! (it would be safe to say by the end of July, you'll "finally" get it). This mailer will also include some more questions about your GT/CS, and a request to get your Marti Report, photos and perhaps video to me ASAP. Some members/owners on my list are not aware of this website, and haven't heard from me since 1996. This may bring some very interesting new information!

I'd be happy to answer any questions, and/or clarify anything.
I truly appreciate all of your interest and support!!!

Paul N.

CJ 56
07/11/2007, 03:36 AM
Hi Paul
Been a while since i have been on here, good to hear the progress. I would be happy to comitte to a book, you may want to just e-mail me your letter as postage to New Zealand may be a drama for you. I am sure you have my detail ( I have sent video and Marti etc last year)

Chris

acurry
08/26/2007, 03:23 PM
How can I determine if my CS/GT is in the registry and if not, how do I submit it for the registry?

PNewitt
08/27/2007, 07:54 PM
You can post your VIN number (such as 8R011------) , and see if we know of this car.

You can also mail me your VIN and your data plate info--as well as a copy of your Marti Report, a copy of the original invoice,and any photos to:

Paul M. Newitt / GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

Thanks!

Paul N.

73pony
09/28/2007, 09:12 AM
Paul, Are you taking registrations for the 2007 GT/CS? I own a redfire GT/CS vert.

quicknick
10/15/2007, 04:55 PM
Paul,
My neighbor recently purchased my "T" code car and has not registered it yet into his name. I sent you a PM with his mailing info. Please let me know you recieved this and mailed his letter out. Thank you, Nicholas

wally05
10/16/2007, 09:09 AM
I just purchased BroadwayBlue's J-code GT/CS. Also, I have a redfire 2007 GT/CS. What should I do with all the information?

BroadwayBlue
10/16/2007, 11:59 AM
I just purchased BroadwayBlue's J-code GT/CS. Also, I have a redfire 2007 GT/CS. What should I do with all the information?

I just sent you an email with the info you need to send to Paul and where. I couldn't PM you - you might have that turned off.

See here too: http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3392

Paul has all the info (Marti, history, pics, etc) already.
It's his call but I'm assuming he doesn't need you to resend everything ... unless you want and have time to get him your own pics. He probably just need any updates from you and your name, address, etc ...

wally05
10/16/2007, 12:22 PM
Sounds good. I'll get my info over to him asap. :) Thanks, Rich.

Diesel Donna
10/16/2007, 11:34 PM

Welcome Wally!!! Glad to have you here and you bought your car from a real standup guy!!

BroadwayBlue
10/17/2007, 08:22 AM
Welcome Wally!!! Glad to have you here and you bought your car from a real standup guy!!

There you go ruining my bad boy image once again ... :pimp: :icon_twis :cool:

Diesel Donna
10/17/2007, 09:10 AM
There you go ruining my bad boy image once again ... :pimp: :icon_twis :cool:

Oh yeah yer bad! :nonono2:

wally05
10/17/2007, 05:32 PM
Haha, yes, Rich has been great during the whole purchase. We just got shipping setup today. BTW, Rich, I don't mind that it got pushed back at all. I was just getting the info. turned in. I made sure they called you and asked when it would work. :)

asahlstein
02/29/2008, 11:41 AM
Paul, I have just sent you an additional book order, I hope it helps. Thanks Art in Texas

QuarterHorse
04/21/2008, 07:56 PM
Paul:

I just learned of the registry and your book. I hope I'm not too late to submit my Mustang's info. for the book and to reserve a book. I am a Mustang literature junkie and would love to receive a copy to add to my library. I'll send it out to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Skip

nfrntau
09/04/2008, 10:48 AM
Wow, I just looked at when this post first started October 2006.

Paul,
Am I going to be able to give myself your book for Christmas this year?

aemoo28
09/04/2008, 12:08 PM
Paul was waiting for just one more CS story for this book. The chapter on how some people are determined to own a CS that doesn't want a new home.

Sorry, it's my fault. :wink:

Mosesatm
09/27/2008, 09:34 PM
Wow, I just looked at when this post first started October 2006.

Paul,
Am I going to be able to give myself your book for Christmas this year?

Bill, by performing a little math based on Paul's latest flier my guess is that you will not see it by Christmas. The flier states that it will take 14 weeks to get the book printed.

Paul, please correct me if I'm mistaken but the flier also seems to state that those of us whose money you've been using for quite a while are going to end up paying $100 for our books, while those who did not order early will pay only $89. It seems to me that those of us who funded this project are being penalized. Maybe $89 should be the price for everyone.

Your thoughts?

BroadwayBlue
09/28/2008, 07:03 AM
Paul, please correct me if I'm mistaken but the flier also seems to state that those of us whose money you've been using for quite a while are going to end up paying $100 for our books, while those who did not order early will pay only $89. It seems to me that those of us who funded this project are being penalized. Maybe $89 should be the price for everyone.

Your thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing Arlie. For those of us that have ordered a large number of books it is a significant difference in price.

Mosesatm
10/17/2008, 10:48 PM
A little bump for Paul in case he cares to answer either Bill's question or mine.

Stacey Enderle
10/18/2008, 12:20 PM
A little bump for Paul in case he cares to answer either Bill's question or mine.

My Fellow and Lady Mustangers,

Sounds to me that it may be a desperate part on Paul's behalf, (no offense okay?") to get more orders in to get the book published. It's NOT CHEAP to self publish a book, I've done it myself years ago when I wrote a science fiction book and published it back in 96. To recover such investment is very slim when self publishing. The dead line has been bumped several times to try to get it done right and hopefully enough funding to get it published. The $89.00 price tag was a promo that Paul is doing to drum up more sales in his effort to get the book published. After all bare in mind that he's putting his CS up for sale to fund the books that we've been waiting for. Would you like to give up your "baby" to publish that book for everyone else? I'd suggest you all you folks think about it. I gave him more than $100.00 even though I could have just stuck with the $89.00 price that he offered. He's been burning the midnight oil in putting this book together. It's not an easy task. To be very frank with you all, I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Paul is not making a profit from any of this either. If we all get together and donate even $5.00, $10 or more to help out, it would be a big lift for him and for all of us who's been waiting for this book. When we do get, be thankful for the countless hours he's poured into it. No doubt it'll be a master piece.

Peace,

Stacey

BroadwayBlue
10/18/2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Stacey,

I, and others I'm sure, fully understand the reason to offer the promo price. It's something I know that's often done when a show or appearance at a club or venue is not selling tickets. I've been in that position and paid a higher price than people that bought last minute. But I also got better seats than they did.

Understand, many of us have not ordered 1 book but have invested in 4, 5 or even more copies. $11 difference in price on each of these is a significant amount of money. Many people sent in their deposits or full amounts over a year ago to help out with initial financing.
Those that waited until the last minute are getting a significant savings and have not had their money tied up for that long.

I believe the promotion has since expired but think it did warrant some response as a matter of respect.

390cs68rcode
10/23/2008, 07:17 AM
My Fellow and Lady Mustangers,

Sounds to me that it may be a desperate part on Paul's behalf, (no offense okay?") to get more orders in to get the book published. It's NOT CHEAP to self publish a book, I've done it myself years ago when I wrote a science fiction book and published it back in 96. To recover such investment is very slim when self publishing. The dead line has been bumped several times to try to get it done right and hopefully enough funding to get it published. The $89.00 price tag was a promo that Paul is doing to drum up more sales in his effort to get the book published. After all bare in mind that he's putting his CS up for sale to fund the books that we've been waiting for. Would you like to give up your "baby" to publish that book for everyone else? I'd suggest you all you folks think about it. I gave him more than $100.00 even though I could have just stuck with the $89.00 price that he offered. He's been burning the midnight oil in putting this book together. It's not an easy task. To be very frank with you all, I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Paul is not making a profit from any of this either. If we all get together and donate even $5.00, $10 or more to help out, it would be a big lift for him and for all of us who's been waiting for this book. When we do get, be thankful for the countless hours he's poured into it. No doubt it'll be a master piece.

Peace,

Stacey

Actually I offered to fund the book from the beginning. I guess Paul is trying to do it on his own, which I respect.

Mosesatm
11/22/2008, 05:37 PM
Another bump for Paul to update everyone on the delivery date for the book.

Bob G
03/14/2009, 04:17 AM
Paul:
When is the releasse date of the New book. Can you give some details of recent work you have done with this book?and what more has to be done before it goes into productioon. I would like to see some samples of the work you already completed, "that is we all would"?

Robert Geco

PNewitt
03/15/2009, 08:53 PM
All I can say is that when I return from Washington St. (about March 30, I'll be concentrating on finishing up the book.

I'm (regular) mailing letters this week to everyone who has pre-ordered. Doing this book has been very difficult, with the Ford license, and insurance for that, and all the intense research.

As I've always said, I'll send anyone a refund immediately if they aren't happy with waiting, etc.

Unfortunately, my mother's cancer relapsed last October, and I had to help her quite a bit, especially from Feb through now. She passed away on Feb 26th, and I am her executor, and had to move her things out of her apt (by last fri), set up the service, funeral arrangments, financial paperwork, etc., etc...

I actually want this book finished and published more than anyone else here!

So--it will happen; and I know that it will be worth the long wait.

My apologies.

Paul Newitt

PNewitt
03/18/2009, 07:28 PM
As of today (March 18, 2009) Everyone who has pre-ordered a book, was mailed a notice as to the status of the book's completion.

- Paul.

Mosesatm
05/06/2009, 07:38 PM
This is from the SAAC site.

< BOOK UPDATE - 5/13/09>

I am progressing well on the book, and in fact, just found the Ford designer that did the '68 GT/CS. I will be interviewing him for the book.

I'm making strides on new information for Little Red and the Green Hornet prototypes. For example Little Red was painted a special red color--which is NOT Ferarri Red, but a close version. On the Green Hornet, some parts were revealed in the restoration photos, that prove her as the GT/SC prototype. In my interview with the GH restorer, Martin Euler, I'll ask about whether he wants to make me an GH-type IRS unit for my own GT/CS; maybe two or three for other owners (??) if there is enough interest...

Once the LR/GH chapters are to be completed this week, then it's off to finishing the 2007-09 GT/CS section, by an interview with that project's manager in Dearborn.

With those chapters completed then it's just a matter of editing the first 100 pages, and then refining the restoration and concours section. We'll tackle the taillight wiring problems once and for all!!

I wish to aknowledge and thank everyone on this site for your help, inspiration and hard work providing not only historical information, but for their data and registrations for the registry. I DO appreciate it.

So...it's back to the book! I'm knee deep in long hours to finish it up!! Cross your fingers for a July release, if all goes well.

More to follow in regular updates!

-Paul.

I'm guessing around Christmas, or after the 2009 production figures come out.

Diesel Donna
05/06/2009, 10:06 PM
This is from the SAAC site.

< BOOK UPDATE - 5/13/09>

I am progressing well on the book, and in fact, just found the Ford designer that did the '68 GT/CS. I will be interviewing him for the book.

I'm making strides on new information for Little Red and the Green Hornet prototypes. For example Little Red was painted a special red color--which is NOT Ferarri Red, but a close version. On the Green Hornet, some parts were revealed in the restoration photos, that prove her as the GT/SC prototype. In my interview with the GH restorer, Martin Euler, I'll ask about whether he wants to make me an GH-type IRS unit for my own GT/CS; maybe two or three for other owners (??) if there is enough interest...

Once the LR/GH chapters are to be completed this week, then it's off to finishing the 2007-09 GT/CS section, by an interview with that project's manager in Dearborn.

With those chapters completed then it's just a matter of editing the first 100 pages, and then refining the restoration and concours section. We'll tackle the taillight wiring problems once and for all!!

I wish to aknowledge and thank everyone on this site for your help, inspiration and hard work providing not only historical information, but for their data and registrations for the registry. I DO appreciate it.

So...it's back to the book! I'm knee deep in long hours to finish it up!! Cross your fingers for a July release, if all goes well.

More to follow in regular updates!

-Paul.

I'm guessing around Christmas, or after the 2009 production figures come out.

This is dated 5/13/09 and today is the 6th? And Paul is thanking the SAAC for THEIR help,inspiration, hard work etc??? What am I missing here?

~~~~Donna

Doug
05/07/2009, 06:46 AM
This is dated 5/13/09 and today is the 6th? And Paul is thanking the SAAC for THEIR help,inspiration, hard work etc??? What am I missing here?

~~~~Donna

Donna I was thinking the same thing and thought of asking that question - BUT didn't want to get blasted. I like and respect SAAC (have been a member for 20yrs) but what is he thanking them for?

di81977
05/07/2009, 07:01 AM
I personally have a real problem with the fact that probably 99% of the prefunding (and ultmate purchasers) for this book has come from members of this site and Paul is providing updates to the SAAC forum, but not here.

I always get a kick out of seeing this thread when I come to the site. 2005 Update!!!!

Paul - just get the book done already!!

Diesel Donna
05/07/2009, 08:27 AM
I personally have a real problem with the fact that probably 99% of the prefunding (and ultmate purchasers) for this book has come from members of this site and Paul is providing updates to the SAAC forum, but not here.

I always get a kick out of seeing this thread when I come to the site. 2005 Update!!!!

Paul - just get the book done already!!

AMEN.

I'll take the blasting any day. Bring it.

~~~~Donna

BroadwayBlue
05/07/2009, 09:46 AM
I'm assuming someone looked at the calendar wrong and picked up Wednesday 5/13 instead of 5/6 by mistake.

admin
05/08/2009, 09:56 AM
...and Paul is providing updates to the SAAC forum, but not here.

He actually did email me an update to post here on the forums, but it took me a few days to do so. I put it in the "Ask Paul M. Newitt -- GT/CS Registrar" thread. That's where I'll put all updates from him just so they're kept in one spot. If you subscribe to that thread then you'll get notified when an update is posted.

Mosesatm
05/10/2009, 05:34 PM
Paul posted this today on the SAAC site.

Thanks, Skip!

This site, and my own site (pmndesigns.com), are the only sites that will provide book updates from now on.
I need to update my own site--and I'll see about getting Ron over at gtcsregistry.com (late model only) to also provide book updates and any related news flashes in the GT/CS world!

Paul N.

What's that about?

franklinair
05/10/2009, 05:44 PM
:confused:Looks like a one way street to me.

Neil

hookedtrout
05/11/2009, 04:51 AM
Seems odd to me that someone with such a passion and a business around a very very specific thing would quickly realize the impact of alienating those that should be his greatest support, especially when those very people are in very limited supply.

I can assure you the SAAC folks aren't blind, they will question the wisdom around comments like these that have been quoted and start to form their own opinions in a hurry. What then?

Cory

Perkchiro
05/11/2009, 07:46 AM
Seems odd to me that someone with such a passion and a business around a very very specific thing would quickly realize the impact of alienating those that should be his greatest support, especially when those very people are in very limited supply.

I can assure you the SAAC folks aren't blind, they will question the wisdom around comments like these that have been quoted and start to form their own opinions in a hurry. What then?

Cory

I suspect he'll have no where else to go to display his exclusivity and self proclaimed crown over the GT/CS kingdom. If you burn too many bridges on your journey of life, you'll never be able to return home.

hookedtrout
05/11/2009, 08:49 AM
It's interesting to me the emotional stages a person goes through when they are having problems and even those around someone struggling go through them to a point. I say struggling because that is how I see it, no implication that others see his issues as struggling. I know I've seen the stages listed out before, anger, denial, remorse etc, I don't remember them specifically but this is reaching the point to me that Paul needs help. He can't be that blind can he? Either that or he really has no intention of finishing the book and this is his way out by alienating everyone involved and then making some grand "I Quit" announcement.

I know I'm glad I elected not to pay up front, this has reached the point that had I paid up front I'd be demanding my $$ back. Hate to say that but that's how I feel.

Cory

robert campbell
05/11/2009, 09:56 AM
The seven stages of a project. I love them. For stuff I have seen over the years in the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Large overhaul projects on ships. Over my 37 years of government service….

1. Acceptance
2. Enthusiasm
3. Dejected disillusionment
4. Total confusion
5. Search for the guilty (Tim and Rob)
6. Punishment of the innocent! (The site as a whole)
7. Promotion and adulation for the non-participants (not sure how that fits)

How about a new number seven??

7. Punishment of the “presumed” guilty to justify abandoning the innocent...

Rob

franklinair
05/11/2009, 01:52 PM
I think we should slow down on this thread, before it spirals down into the negativity that we had a few weeks ago. That's not healthy or constructive for OUR website.
I know several people have had their differences & problems with PMN, and I can well appreciate that. Fortunately I did not have any personal run-ins, so perhaps I am a bit naive on the issue(s).
I DO know that Paul left the site of his own volition, and so be it.
I DO believe his book's completion is unnecessarily prolonged, trying to add too much info. (A sequel would have sufficed.)
I DO NOT speak (or write) ill of people in public (ref: Jimminy Cricket).
I Do believe a person's actions will dictate their own reputation, and other's opinions of them.
In a nutshell folks, let's be gracious and take the high road.

Neil

robert campbell
05/11/2009, 02:06 PM
Neil,
With age comes wisdom. I am guilty and I agree with you! And that is not a jab at your age!

Rob

Perkchiro
05/11/2009, 04:05 PM
My apologies as well.......sometimes the frustration boils over and out of the pot.

hookedtrout
05/11/2009, 04:21 PM
"I Do believe a person's actions will dictate their own reputation, and other's opinions of them."

Exactly right and my actions by perpetuating the topic were not correct, my appologies added to the list. Thanks for reining us in.

Cory

franklinair
05/11/2009, 04:41 PM
What a GREAT group of folks. I am SO glad I belong to this site.

Neil

hookedtrout
05/11/2009, 05:12 PM
What a GREAT group of folks. I am SO glad I belong to this site.

Neil

Me too Neil!!

Cory

BroadwayBlue
05/11/2009, 08:10 PM
Ditto!!!

patty.dilabio
06/14/2009, 02:19 PM
Hi to all mustang fans,
As a lifelong fan and owner since 1975 I felt I should mention a few things that may help the hobby.When the California Special was introduced it was not a huge hit.It isn't a car that was known for much other than looks.The majority of Mustang clubs that formed in the 1970's were more devoted to the early cars,or rare cars with race backgrounds like BOSS 302 &429 cars.The CS and HCS were often without any group/club of their own.The MCA Had rules that would say things that were generic to put it politely.Several people wanted to make things better,and things have developed to the point there is a variety of classes in place.Few people have the enthusiasm and talent to produce a book that is "specific "to certain needs within the hobbie.The pioneer California Special person was and is Paul.Without the first book-few people would have even known that others also really love these cars.The second book outdid the first,and the next book will most likely be over the top...but most people on this website have been aware of this...so they put in their orders-being human Paul has a life beyond this site,and the interruptions from this must have been constant.So I would suggest we give him some time and space--and not pick him apart.If you look back you will see he is always thanking everyone for their help.Now it is time to thank SAAC.They have helped with more info on LR/GH.They are also Book producers and just so you realize the bargain Paul has given you..The price is almost double for a registry!!(and they do not give publication dates)Look around for any other printed material--A Marti report for example--how long do you wait for one?? How many other places can you get one?Are they licensed by Ford? If you catch my suggestion,and to quote my father "try to kill with kindness first,it never fails" And to end it "good things come to those that wait" If you really want to help..try to find the missing puzzle pieces,and promote the hobbie.:smile::cool:
Regards P.D.

Mosesatm
06/14/2009, 02:23 PM
The second book outdid the first?

Did I miss a book somewhere?

390cs68rcode
06/14/2009, 02:51 PM
96 update compared to the 88 book.

Mosesatm
06/14/2009, 04:42 PM
96 update compared to the 88 book.

Did it outdo the first book?

hookedtrout
06/14/2009, 07:51 PM
It had color. ;-)

Did it outdo the first book?

Mosesatm
06/14/2009, 08:33 PM
It had color. ;-)

I'll be darned. I thought the '96 publication was just a registry.

BroadwayBlue
06/15/2009, 08:52 PM
It had color. ;-)

The second book had color?
Where?

hookedtrout
06/16/2009, 05:30 AM
The second book had color?
Where?

Paul's car on the cover. It was also a step up from the plastic ring binder of the first, even though it falls apart much easier than the 1st plastic ring bound version.

case12
06/16/2009, 05:46 AM
The first book was the GT/California Special Recognition Guide & Owners Manual (1989) - the cover and back cover was color with Paul's car on the front. The pages were B&W. It was a bound book.

The second book was the GT/CS 1996 Registry. It is all B&W, and spiral bound.

Thanks, Casey

390cs68rcode
06/16/2009, 06:20 AM
what Casey said

DeadStang
06/16/2009, 09:28 AM
Hi to all mustang fans,
Look around for any other printed material--A Marti report for example--how long do you wait for one??

The last deluxe report I got (5/09) was emailed to me within 36 hours, and I received the hard copy in the mail a couple of days later.

hookedtrout
06/16/2009, 10:12 AM
The first book was the GT/California Special Recognition Guide & Owners Manual (1989) - the cover and back cover was color with Paul's car on the front. The pages were B&W. It was a bound book.

The second book was the GT/CS 1996 Registry. It is all B&W, and spiral bound.

Thanks, Casey

All right, you guys are correct, I have them both but I rarely refer to them, again I'm not the detail type and I don't do car shows, guess I should have dug them out of what ever dark deep corner I have them stuffed and checked before I commented.

It used to be kind of neat to think that my car is in the book under my name, not so much of a big deal anymore. Just makes me feel old.

Cory

Midnight Special
06/16/2009, 12:20 PM
....I gave mine away after our last go around here. I know I could've sold them, but they came with a car I purchased and at the time, I was pretty fed up with the "under his thumb" behavior of Mr. Newitt...

Stacey Enderle
06/17/2009, 06:20 AM
It all comes down to cost. Printing a hardcover would be expensive.

However, I'll look into it.

Paul N.

Hi Paul

Great to see you hang around at this site again. Really missed you. I know getting a hard cover version costs and arm and leg, been there done it. I'm curious now, howmany CS's are in the registry now? Are you self publishing your book or are you having a printer do it? If the questions are stupid, please forgive me, I've been out of the loop myself.

Best Regards,

Stacey

Stacey Enderle
06/17/2009, 06:29 AM
I agree there will be many more built than registered.

On the average about a quarter of the vehicles built are the survivors. So if there were only 4200 of the CSs built you've probably looking at slightly over a thousand of the vehicles still in existence while the rest are extinct. Unless the CS has been exceptionally a favorite to keep off the roads and other hazards, you'd be lucky to see about a 3rd of them in existence.

Stacey

Mosesatm
06/18/2009, 05:57 AM
Here's the latest from SAAC

"I appreciate Ron's help and enthusiasm, and these numbers look interesting. Anyone with a late model CS should see his site and register.

The source I have is from Ford, and I think that the foreign orders can tweak the actual numbers. I forwarded your numbers for comfirmation from my source.

I have yet to get the 2009 numbers, but they ARE low, due to early 2010 production. If you can get a '09 CS with white stripes, you've got a rare one!

I've asked for more breakdowns, like colors and transmission type from my source--for my book.

Thanks, Ron for your help, and thanks, Frank for posting it.

Paul N."

BroadwayBlue
06/19/2009, 06:28 PM
All right, you guys are correct, I have them both but I rarely refer to them, again I'm not the detail type and I don't do car shows, guess I should have dug them out of what ever dark deep corner I have them stuffed and checked before I commented.

It used to be kind of neat to think that my car is in the book under my name, not so much of a big deal anymore. Just makes me feel old.

Cory

No problem Cory - I see now you just had them reversed! :cool:

BroadwayBlue
06/19/2009, 06:28 PM
Hi Paul

Great to see you hang around at this site again. Really missed you. I know getting a hard cover version costs and arm and leg, been there done it. I'm curious now, howmany CS's are in the registry now? Are you self publishing your book or are you having a printer do it? If the questions are stupid, please forgive me, I've been out of the loop myself.

Best Regards,

Stacey

Stacey,
That post you quoted from Paul was from almost 4 years ago. That from 11/2005.

Mosesatm
06/20/2009, 02:42 PM
No more refunds!

Notice: As of today, June 20th, 2009 , preorders sent to me for the GT/CS book will no longer qualify for refunds. This is due to the ongoing, and current investment commitments for the licensing, insurance and printing for the book. This notice supersedes any previous offers or statements.

Thank you for your ongoing support!!

Paul M. Newitt.

Diesel Donna
06/20/2009, 02:44 PM
Are we surprised?

Mosesatm
06/26/2009, 03:41 PM
Latest update

Book Update--6/26

HEY!! Just back from a trip down the Appalachain Trial (I didn't know it went all the way to Argentina!)....LOL!

First here is a list of what has been completed as of today:

All Interviews
All basic page layouts/ borders, page numbers, graphics
All Photos taken/ received
Three file cabinets of filed book sections ready for research (my room's a TOTAL mess!!! Diet Coke cans, cheetos bags, dirty socks, etc...AAHHH!!!)

Specific Chapters Status:
Late Model, including History, production timeline, specific parts & OEM, pilot cars, incl 515 car, CHAMP GT/CS cars & lady drivers, AAI factory info, advertising & newspapers, brochures, Ford dealer photos, invoice explained, production numbers, specifications, accessoory list, stripe application dimentions and paint codes, Racing Packs, Shelby GT story, 2006 Mustang Calif. Edition. This chapter will really create interest in the late model version. Ready for review by my contacts at Ford today! WHEW!!

Need: performance & braking specs from Motor Trend of the 2005-2007 Mustang GT(Who's got it?) PM me.

Green Hornet--just to button up some details from new information. Have all photos, and will have paint codes. Need to ask Martin Euler a few questions.

Little Red-- just need info/perf specs on twin Paxtons (Carroll's Cobra) from a late 1960's Road & Track . Who has that copy??

"Introduction" through "Marketing" (pp. 1-73) are the next chapters to complete after Late Model, GH and LR next week.

Month of July in "crunch month", which includes completion of chapters on pre-production, recognition, restoration and the registry. I'm getting help with lining up the registered cars, and photos (I have everything that everyone's ever sent to me).

I have to make a trip to an Automotive paint store in San Jose that's got about every color book known to man! I have a big list of requests for paint codes. Everything!!!

I'm in the process of selling my GT/CS, I'll be posting it soon in the SAAC Classifieds, after I complete some more work on the book. This is 100% my own decision.

A side note--- maybe someone can forward this info to CS.com. I haven't forgotten all of you over there. So, don't feel neglected. My time and motivation is better fueled here at SAAC, but that doesn't mean that I "abandoned" you. My #1 priority is the book, and I hope you all understand that. I'm doing this book partly for the love of this car from hundreds of enthusuasts like you, which has become a HUGE, HUGE undertaking. So, please be patient. It will be worth the wait. And I'll keep you posted..

Thanks to all--gotto go! If I seem like I fell off the face of the earth, it's cause I'm locked in my room!!!
Paul M. Newitt

p.s. the Shelby American summer 09 issue article on the GT/CS (8 pp) will be coming up soon through the SAAC site. Just Completed--neat stuff!!

Mosesatm
07/26/2009, 09:46 PM
Latest quasi-update

GT/CS Registrar

Re: New: GT/CS Recognition Guide & Owner's Manual Book
« Reply #41 on: Today at 09:11:08 PM » Quote

Another book update is forthcoming in a day or two.

What I can tell you is that the second "lump sum" payment for the Ford license was made last week. :-(

I spent a week of evenings sorting and filing the Registry. About 900 filed into eight--three inch wide binders. I now have 260 copies of owner's Marti Reports in a separate 2" binder. I also have every GT/CS Registered on CS.com. As a reminder--I will not accept any registrations via email.

I noticed a production gap while sorting the Registry--never before found. In the (8R01_ )144,000 through 146,000 series there are no GT/CS cars produced (except a straggler or two). The Ford Party on Feb 15th--and the dealer orders had everything to do with that descrepency. The largest CS production was during the month of March.

I also need to find a good video editor and composer (in SF Bay area) for some neat "California" progressive, yet period sounding music for the DVD. Kinda like the style of "Fall Out Boy". More on that later, too.

"California Made It Happen!!"

Paul N.