• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby on Ebay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That does seem a little high, but then it is Highland Green so that alone should add 20% to the price. ;)

case12

What is the going rate for this car in excellent condition (not concourse)? This one needs a lot of work and I would put it in the fair/good condition. My friend bought his convertible of this year (in good/excellent shape) for $80k.

I can see why there would be crackling on fiberglass, but why the big area on the metal top? I love this year Shelby, or the Hertz Shelby. Casey

GTCSMustang

Hey, I had one of these a while ago. Mine had a black interior though. This one is missing a bunch of stuff under the hood...snorkle, S-tube, heat shield, starter delay, and smog. You could easily dump $25K into this car by buying original parts. Reproduction ones would save you a considerable amount. I'd guess he'd be expecting at leat $75K for it.

Jason...get your new car yet?

Scott

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=4;threadid=1704;start=0#msg10697 date=1116681275]
That does seem a little high, but then it is Highland Green so that alone should add 20% to the price. ;)
[/quote]
Yeah and an extra 15 Horse power too, right? ;) Too bad it's not Royal Maroon, that get's you an extra 25 HP! ;D

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hey, now there's and idea...maybe I could get the feds to issue me a grant for a study to see if Highland Green paint makes a car go faster than other colors. Of course I'd need to find one of those 428CJ California Specials for my test, and it'll take a while to paint, test, and strip all those colors. I think a grant for $5,000,000 should cover it.

While I'm we're at it we could also test the effectiveness of the GT/CS rear spoiler.

rvrtrash

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=4;threadid=1704;start=0#msg10885 date=1117120208]

While I'm we're at it we could also test the effectiveness of the GT/CS rear spoiler.
[/quote]

I'll save you some time and money. The spoiler draws peoples attention from at least 40 ft. away. ;D

Steve

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=4;threadid=1704;start=0#msg10885 date=1117120208]
Hey, now there's and idea...maybe I could get the feds to issue me a grant for a study to see if Highland Green paint makes a car go faster than other colors.
[/quote]

Well, to be on the safe side, make sure you tape a fruit fly on one of the lucas fog ights. Also make sure you are doing your test near an old growth forest and then, yeah, I think you'll get 5 mil and maybe more.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=4;threadid=1704;start=0#msg10912 date=1117132992]
I missed it. How much did that Shelby sell for? Anybody know? Rhonda
[/quote]

$58,900 and reserve not met!