• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My new 390 CS will be delivered Monday 5-23-05 updated

Mosesatm

Re:My new 390 CS will be delivered Monday 5-23-05

That's too bad about the sleep thing. We all feel sorry for you. :'(

68gt390

I can relate to that. I remember the day I loaded mine on the hauler out in Seattle. I was on the computer every night tracking the progress of the hauler. The day before it was to be delivered all I did was prance around the house. My girlfriend thought I was nuts.

Don 8)

rvrtrash

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ;D

Steve

Mustanger

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=0#msg10764 date=1116866525]
should be soon! ;)
[/quote]

Will this car now be your daily driver or will it come out on special occasions?

BrandonB

its almost noon already! should have been here 6 hours ago!!

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=0#msg10765 date=1116866708]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=0#msg10764 date=1116866525]
should be soon! ;)
[/quote]

Will this car now be your daily driver or will it come out on special occasions?
[/quote]

Aisde from when it rains I have 5 daily driver Mustangs. I have to admit the 390 will be at the top of the list.

Joes68

JB, mine is getting picked up this Wednesday. I hope it arrives on Thursday. I'm already a wreck! I can relate and feel for you. Hang in there :-\
Ron

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

quick update

car arrived today. exterior is in great shape! interior will need some sprucing up. gonna have to add AC and might go with a aftermarket radiator since driving around with ice cold AC and having to not worry about overheating is VERY important.

anyone know if someone makes a GOOD modern radiator that looks similar to the originals?

Does vintage air products have a AC system that looks somewhat stock under the hood? I am OK with the unit under the radio for air output instead of the factory locations.

Mustanglvr

I`m so happy for you. How does the engine sound? Have you driven it yet? Post lots of pics ok? :)Rhonda

nfrntau

Jason,
Vintage air has a system that will install in place of your original heater.
It will give you a better heater, A/C and use the original heater controls for operation.
As far as the compressor goes I will be using the modern type but I think they also have the original type compressors in kits. I will e-mail you a file that shows installation and has costs/ etc.
Let us know how it goes.
If you need help with the install just let me know, be glad to help. It will help me out also cuz this is the system I plan on putting in my car. If you don't have the required tools I should have everything we would need to put this in your car with the exception of the freon and guages. Also I just took my original system out recently so have pics, the parts to look at and a little know how there.
If anyone else would like this info just drop me a quick mail and put "GT/CS air" as subject

case12

Another option is to add an electric fan to the original radiator, in addition to the belt driven fan. This was done to my 66 when I got it from Texas and it never overheats (and it has a very hot 351W). It is wired to the ignition, so I can leave it on after shutting the car off in the garage or at shows, and I can let it cool down even without the engine running.

Just a thought - if that is the direction you dont mind going it, it does work. Casey

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=0#msg10786 date=1116942201]
Another option is to add an electric fan to the original radiator, in addition to the belt driven fan. This was done to my 66 when I got it from Texas and it never overheats (and it has a very hot 351W). It is wired to the ignition, so I can leave it on after shutting the car off in the garage or at shows, and I can let it cool down even without the engine running.

Just a thought - if that is the direction you dont mind going it, it does work. Casey
[/quote]

now THIS might be a fix! not sure if there is enough room with the 390 but will look.

Off to John's Mustang for a few parts and then calling NPD.

on a side note one of my cars (not a CS) will be on the new John's Mustang catalog due out in June.

case12

The fan sits in front of the radiator, so I dont think engine size matters (for space). Also, by sitting in front it is behind the grill and also not noticeable at shows. Mine mounted by merely pushing plastic screws through the original radiator fins - so it sits right on the front of the radiator. There are probably different styles. Casey

Mustanger

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=0#msg10780 date=1116901998]
quick update

car arrived today. exterior is in great shape! interior will need some sprucing up. gonna have to add AC and might go with a aftermarket radiator since driving around with ice cold AC and having to not worry about overheating is VERY important.

anyone know if someone makes a GOOD modern radiator that looks similar to the originals?

Does vintage air products have a AC system that looks somewhat stock under the hood? I am OK with the unit under the radio for air output instead of the factory locations.
[/quote]

I've heard/read from other mustang owners that they like Classic Auto Air (http://www.classicautoair.com/). They have some nice systems which either utilize a modern Sanden compressor or origional type compressor. Also your choice of R-12 or R-134.
Plus, they have an additional fan to keep everything cool 8).

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

casey

thanks for the input. I think I am going to go this route.

I will be installing the classic auto air system. Talked to them this morning.

Mustanger

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1711;start=15#msg10801 date=1116954342]
casey

thanks for the input. I think I am going to go this route.

I will be installing the classic auto air system. Talked to them this morning.
[/quote]

Jason,
Which Classic Auto Air system/options did you choose? I've been on another Mustang board and I've seen other Mustang owners debate the pro's and con's of their A/C systems (factory type vs daily driver type, and brand names, e.g., Classic Auto Air vs Vintage Air), ... most people seem to be happier with the Classic Auto Air product.
Anyway, keep cool 8).

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

CAN'T REMEMBER THE MODEL BUT IT IS THE ONE THAT INSTALLS INTO THE DASH AND LOOKS SIMILAR TO THE FACTORY style (2 vents on side and one in the middle).