View Full Version : tail light harness

05/31/2005, 08:35 AM
Does anyone make a new tail light harness for a 68 GT/CS?

Thanks in advance,

05/31/2005, 06:32 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but I think that this is the only part that if new is made from "unobtainium"... I have been looking for over 3 years and never heard even a rumor of someone making one. :'(

If anyone out there knows of someone who reproduces these, I'm sure there are several members (myself included) that would "pay thru the nose" for one of these harnesses.

05/31/2005, 08:15 PM
I contacted Tony Branda and Larry's Mustang and Thunderbird today. Both places said they know of no such harness. Too bad. Seems like there would be a need for them. I guess it's just a matter of economics; although, that hasn't stopped manufacturers in the past. Well - I'll keep on looking. In the meantime, I guess I will just do a rebuild. Any suggestions on this undertaking would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the kit from "MustangProject" would screw into the existing 65 bezel holes?

Thanks as always,

Craig Dunn

06/04/2005, 09:28 PM
i was looking thru my cjpony parts catalog and they list 2 harnesses for taillamp on shelby and cs special. l and r . they are not illistrated but im curious to see what they are . scince i need to figuire this out for my 67 as well. justin

06/04/2005, 11:03 PM
Mustang Monthly has a story on 65 thru 69 Mustang wiring upgrades. Maybe there is some info there that would help.

06/12/2005, 09:21 PM
Lucky break! The reason for my malfunctioning taillights was a faulty ground coming off the harness. Of course, I tried that while the lights were in the car and had no luck. It wasn't until I had them out to bench test them did it become apparent.

Thanks again to all those who offered the great suggestions!

Craig (DSO51)