• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 J-Code Coupe

Mosesatm

This car has had an interesting history recently. It was on ebay a month ago. The high bid was $9,600 and the reserve was not met. The high bidder was Phil Newey.

Now it is on ebay again and the high bid so far is only $7,600. The seller is Phil Newey so Phil must have paid somewhere around $10,000 for the car, which seems like a steal for a J-code with a deluxe interior.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4548803802&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Being fairly ebay-ignorant I must ask; do people regularly buy cars on ebay just to sell them on ebay? If so would't the same people be bidding on the car that bid the first time, and wouldn't the results (high bid) be the same?

Any idea why such a car would go so cheap? It seems to me that this should be a $12,000 car, but then Phil probably thought that too.

coloradoHCS

Arlie, I see cars quite often sold on E-bay only to be relisted by the winning bidder. I don't know if they change their mind once they see the car or E-Bay is used as a car dealership by some.

I see the same thing at Barret-Jackson, a car will sell for a good price then you will see it later in the year at an auction in Florida.

People just making money I guess by buying and selling, Mark.

Vee

I think these guys are bidding on their own cars. The console looks like it suffered a sound system hack job. :-\

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Wow, nice catch. I never noticed the console before. That's not a pretty sight.