View Full Version : New Thought

PFSlim
06/03/2005, 03:49 PM
Since we started showing our Cal Spec, it is amazing to me that so many folks have walked up and told us they had a Cal Spec. I have asked each one if they have their Spec in the Registry or if they visit this site and they always respond as a no.

Has anyone else seen this? What is everyone's idea towards helping me get these folks to this site or to the registry??

Paul

nfrntau
06/03/2005, 07:02 PM
Paul, if you use a show board when you show your car your could put something on there.

Maybe we should have a t-shirt contest and then get a bunch of shirts made up?.
Rhonda, Sara I'm thinking design not wet..... at least not at first. :o

Mustanglvr
06/03/2005, 08:06 PM
:)Actually, I think a t-shirt with the www.californiaspecial.com logo on it would be cool. 8) Maybe show a Highland Green GT/CS on it. (Moses you would like that.)
Oh yeah, I`ve been in those wet t-shirt contests before. Their not all their cracked up to be. You win and then the excitement is over. :o ::) ;D

390cs68rcode
06/03/2005, 08:34 PM
I`ve been in those wet t-shirt contests before

pictures please.

;D

meadowsdk28
06/03/2005, 08:52 PM
You win and then the excitement is over. :o ::) ;D

Notice she didn't even consider the thought of losing??!!

Hummm!! Confidence!! Gotta like those Minnesota gals. :)

PNewitt
06/03/2005, 08:52 PM
Oh, Geesch, here we go again...

I'm just wondering if either Marchal or Lucas fog lights would be "appropiate" for such a T-Shirt (with H2O use).

:o ::)

meadowsdk28
06/03/2005, 08:59 PM
oh man, you're worse than me. I was about to feel remorse over my reply...not now!

Mustanglvr
06/03/2005, 09:42 PM
LOL

Canuck CSter
06/03/2005, 10:24 PM
I believe this thought has some legs....

An official t-shirt for the gt/cs community, paul you have the rights and the graphic knowledge.

Why not throw in an official t shirt with the book package, add on 15 bucks for the work and include it in the package with the dvd.

We can wear our pride as well as show it at shows, gotta help the credibility.

I'll post a pic of a shirt I had one of those beach painters do at at spring break some years ago to visual the point.

Hey maybe for Ronda and the rest of our female contigent you option a muscle shirt.

Coarse we should view hard copies to approve.

Dale in Ottawa

quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11186 date=1117856538]
LOL

luisa2552
06/03/2005, 11:10 PM
[. You win and then the excitement is over. :o ::) ;D

Maybe over for you, but not he crowd ;)
Sara

Oh, cast my vote for Highland Green

luisa2552
06/03/2005, 11:12 PM
Ok, how do you do the highlighting the quote thing???
Sara

hookedtrout
06/04/2005, 12:37 AM
It has to be Marchall lights on the front of the T as the Lucas are way to flat. ;D

Oh and did I mention I like the idea of a t-shirt as long as it is done with quality. So often groups come up with the idea of doing a t-shirt and do a cheapy piece of junk wash it a couple times and it's falling apart. Do it right or don't do it at all is what I say. I think we saw the willingness to fork out some cash when the calendars were done.

Oh and not to make anyone green with envy but Blue would have to be the color of the GT/CS, blue-Mustang, Mustang-blue they just go together like the Blue Ford Emblem, if Green was the ultimate Ford color then the emblem would be green. Now that's cowboy logic.

Hook

Canuck CSter
06/04/2005, 12:57 AM
I get it 15 bucks in Idaho is real money, don't want to alarm any of ya's but here we pay 15 % TAX on everything, sorry 17 % for a dip at the well.

Quality, yes, our name represents it and anything associated with our cars should be top notch, just like them.

Riv

The problem with being special, is we have to set the standards of our greatness.

It has to be Marchall lights on the front of the T as the Lucas are way to flat. ;D

Oh and did I mention I like the idea of a t-shirt as long as it is done with quality. So often groups come up with the idea of doing a t-shirt and do a cheapy piece of junk wash it a couple times and it's falling apart. Do it right or don't do it at all is what I say. I think we saw the willingness to fork out some cash when the calendars were done.

Oh and not to make anyone green with envy but Blue would have to be the color of the GT/CS, blue-Mustang, Mustang-blue they just go together like the Blue Ford Emblem, if Green was the ultimate Ford color then the emblem would be green. Now that's cowboy logic.

Hook

Mosesatm
06/04/2005, 05:24 AM
Another way to go might be to offer 3 or 4 packages.
Red - just the book
Blue - Book and DVD
Gold - Book and Shirt
Green - Book, DVD, Shirt

mmillstx
06/04/2005, 09:47 AM
Has anyone seen the t-shirts that Branda sells for the Cal specials? I had one a few years ago, but is now m.i.a.. It had the cal special on the front and mustang logo on the back. (I think)

meadowsdk28
06/04/2005, 04:36 PM
Another way to go might be to offer 3 or 4 packages.
Red - just the book
Blue - Book and DVD
Gold - Book and Shirt
Green - Book, DVD, Shirt

That's not a bad idea right there. Of course you realize you can have a California Special t-shirt all day long, but the car represented in the picture must ACTUALLY be a High Country, Royal Maroon, of course.

meadowsdk28
06/04/2005, 04:46 PM
Ok, how do you do the highlighting the quote thing???
Sara

Welcome to the board Sara. It's takes about 10 posts for someone to ask. We've about all done it. Just click on "reply with quote" on that particular persons reply (in this case yours) Then start typing what you want after the last bracketed quote. You can even go up into the quote and delete out all the stuff that doesn't pertain to what you're responding to.

jk89cat
06/04/2005, 10:34 PM
i agree with blue, mustangs just look better in blue !

PNewitt
06/04/2005, 10:44 PM
Interesting ideas for marketing the book and other items.

Of course, it all would require me to invest in making all of these things. I appreciate the enthusiasm and ideas, so, I need to think this over. I have a few other things (i.e. "goodies") that I want to make to go with the book--that I think you'll ALL like...

The pic is of some shirts I once offered and made in 1994. The shirt was to be the color of your CS, with the corresponding stripe color (black or white)....except for the pink short that was requested. The "decal" art was used on the sleeve (© PMN 1994, 2005).

Thanks--
Paul Newitt

390cs68rcode
06/05/2005, 06:25 AM
I picture of a CS is my vote on the Tshirt.

case12
06/05/2005, 07:37 AM
Paul, I like these shirts because of the idea of having the color match your car - and then having the registry logo (outline, no color) on the sleeve or back would be cool (that way the "car outline" is on the shirt too). I am presuming there will be a new registry logo....

Maybe take pre-orders to reduce the required investment (for the book, shirt, other)? I would be willing to pay ahead of time. Just a thought. Casey

hookedtrout
06/05/2005, 01:23 PM
Paul, I like these shirts because of the idea of having the color match your car - and then having the registry logo (outline, no color) on the sleeve or back would be cool (that way the "car outline" is on the shirt too). I am presuming there will be a new registry logo....

Maybe take pre-orders to reduce the required investment (for the book, shirt, other)? I would be willing to pay ahead of time. Just a thought. Casey

Yea. What Casey said. Long sleeve T's would be a nice option as well.

Hook

PNewitt
06/05/2005, 03:17 PM
This could get real complicated real fast. Some people like long sleeves, some women like "French cut" sleeves, and/or a pastel color, there's kids sizes, and some want front pockets, and then there are sweatshirts, etc.... BTW--I'll add a drawing on the back of the shirt. Some new artwork. Would you like the original newspaper ad for the GT/CS that came out in March '68?

This is tricky--because ALL of this has to be ordered all at once from a screen printer.

I plan on first getting a good grip on the text of the new book, then I'll do a mass mailing (about 800) to

1. ask for any updates, Marti Reports, new ownership, etc...from members of the registry,

2. announce when the book will be ready (??),

3. and then offer T-Shirts, the sizes, etc. It becomes a bit of a nightmare. I really don't like doing the "advance order" thing unless I have to. I would just like to do everything in one mailing out to everyone.

I just hope that doing it like this is acceptable to everyone.

Paul N.

hookedtrout
06/05/2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing. It's your baby and I'll respect it however you make it just make sure I'm on the list, it'll be well worth what ever you make out of it all.

Hook

390cs68rcode
06/05/2005, 07:49 PM
as long as Rhonda gets a white one for the wet T-Shirt contest that's all that matters. ;)

You can sign me up for 2 adults and 2 kids ones.

PNewitt
06/05/2005, 09:04 PM
Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing.

Hook

I can do that as a "limited edition shirt" just for Idaho GT/CS owners only--if you want.. ::)

Paul N.

Mustanglvr
06/05/2005, 09:27 PM
I`m gettin too old for wet t-shirts guys. Anyway, mine would have to be Highland green unless someone wants to trade me a blue (any shade) GT/CS for my GT/CS, then it would be blue. ;D Rhonda

68gt390
06/05/2005, 09:28 PM
as long as Rhonda gets a white one for the wet T-Shirt contest that's all that matters. ;)

Hey Jason; I think we should also throw Sara into the mix with the white for the wet T-Shirt contest!!!!

Don :D :D

390cs68rcode
06/05/2005, 09:44 PM

Hey Jason; I think we should also throw Sara into the mix with the white for the wet T-Shirt contest!!!!

Don :D :D

the more the merrier! It is just hard to say I have seen enough wet Tshirts.

PNewitt
06/05/2005, 11:37 PM
I just got a call from Paris Hilton.

She said she'd wash my Maroon GT/CS for a hamburger and a free GT/CS T-Shirt.

What to do?? ::)

Mustanglvr
06/05/2005, 11:57 PM
:o Go for it Paul! You two could exchange autographs. ;) LOL

Mosesatm
06/06/2005, 06:30 AM
I`m gettin too old for wet t-shirts guys. Anyway, mine would have to be Highland green unless someone wants to trade me a blue (any shade) GT/CS for my GT/CS, then it would be blue. ;D Rhonda

Blue?!!!!

luisa2552
06/06/2005, 08:10 AM
Rhonda, say it ain't so!!! Trade your highland Green for blue??!?!? Never!!! Although a blue shirt is more my color.......
Sara

PFSlim
06/06/2005, 08:14 AM
Okay. Since I started this thread, I got to say this is cool where it has gone.

I would love to have one of the T-shirts. As a matter of fact, I would love to have one of the ones Paul has in his picture. I would wear one to every show!!! Personnally, I like the idea Paul had on the color of the shirt matches the color of the car.

Here is another thought. What about putting the www.californiaspecial.com name on it someplace?

Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D

Mosesatm
06/06/2005, 08:55 AM
Blue?!!!!

hookedtrout
06/06/2005, 09:31 AM
Blue?!!!!

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You finally got it! I'm really proud of you. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hook

hookedtrout
06/06/2005, 09:34 AM
Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hook

Mosesatm
06/06/2005, 10:08 AM
doktor note plese reed

To Whom It May Concern on the California Special Message Board:

My client, known to you as “Mosesatm”, recently came to my office in a daze. For the first few hours all he could say was, “blue”, sometimes as a statement and other times as a question, but always with an odd bewildered look on his face. After hours of therapy and numerous margaritas (for me) I have finally come to the inescapable conclusion that the man is suffering from certifiablynutsismosis, but then I’m sure you all knew that.

This is a good time to apologize to all of you for my apparent negligence in allowing him to gain access to your message board. I hadn’t heard from him for quite some time since my word-renowned treatment method for schitzoneuroautomania was again successful. I thought I was finally free of him. If you can imagine a melding of the movies, “What about Bob”, and “The Pink Panther” you may have some small idea of his behavior years ago, and of what my life was like. And to think that I thought I was through with him…and then something happens on your message board to send him over the edge and back to my office!

From what my advance intellect can decipher from his mutterings is that he recently suffered a severe shock regarding someone named Rhonda, some sort of green car, and some sort of blue car. I’m still not totally clear but my analysis leaves me to believe that Rhonda wants a blue car instead of a green car. It’s a little difficult when all he says is, “green car, blue car, Rhonda, highland, wet t-shirt, and Nissan 3.5L”. I have yet to decipher how the words, “Highland, Nissan 3.5L, or wet t-shirt” tie into this scenario. I must admit that I do not fully understand my client’s reaction to this Rhonda’s choice of car color but being that I am the foremost expert in treating wack- jobs like him I will have him all fixed up and back to normal(?) in short order.

In the meantime I ask that none of you mention anything about a blue car or a green car, or a red fish or a blue fish, or green eggs and ham. The slightest provocation may set off another severe reaction, sending him right back to my office.

Please help me and don’t let that happen!

Thank you for your concern and patience

Dr. Fredrick Von Quack, md, cpa, ipo, cfo, cbs, vpn, fbi, irs, nra, aaa, dea, atf, vp, pices

luisa2552
06/06/2005, 10:18 AM
ROTFLMHO!!!!!

390cs68rcode
06/06/2005, 10:37 AM
little free time on your hands, eh? ;)

meadowsdk28
06/06/2005, 10:49 AM
Reminds me of the lawyer from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. As your attorney I would advise you to.................BLUE!!!!!!!!

PFSlim
06/06/2005, 02:53 PM
Isn't the sky BLUE today!! Hopefully, there is no one on this site that is feeling alittle BLUE. If so, my suggestion would be that you buy a BLUE GT/CS and take it for a drive. Wear a BLUE hat, and BLUE jeans during your drive. BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE........... ;D

Just kidding of course. I heard there were other colors of GT/CS like Gold, but don't know much about other colors.

Paul

Mosesatm
06/06/2005, 03:05 PM
Is Gulfstream Aqua considered blue? It's green....ish right?

390cs68rcode
06/06/2005, 05:08 PM
greenish blue.

Mustanglvr
06/06/2005, 05:57 PM
The Gulfstream Aqua blue is a perty color. :o And ya you could consider it a shade of green or a shade of blue. LOL Rhonda

nfrntau
06/06/2005, 07:12 PM

What about me? You hit me hard man

Mustanglvr
06/06/2005, 10:44 PM
From what I can tell there are alot of people who want an original Highland green GT/CS, almost to the point of obsession. (Like Moses) I figure if I can do a favor to someone who wants one that bad, then it would be no problem for me to trade straight across for one of another color. Its probably better than me repainting the one I have a different color someday. Don`t get me wrong, Highland green is a great color and the saddle brown interior goes great with the green but, my dream car is blue. Plain and simple. I don`t want to hurt anybodys feelings here but thats the way I feel. My mothers 70 Mach 1 was a beautiful dark blue and maybe that was imprinted on me from an early age or something, I don`t know. I know she nicknamed it "The Blue Max". Green is fine for me and my GT/CS. I love my car and if it has to stay green all the time I have it, then so be it. To own a car like the one I have it could be any color. I would`nt care. Rhonda

hookedtrout
06/06/2005, 11:23 PM
It's ok Rhonda, there's nothing wrong with the blue feelings you have. A blue Mustang with white stripes is simply the ultimate short of a blue Shelby with white stripes. My exact response to the guy at the Rick Warner Ford Mustang show that offered me $20,000 for my car was, "Sure I'll sell it to ya for that, as soon as you find me another one to replace it, with a few more options, in just as good of shape or better...oh and it has to be blue with white stripes like this one." He took that as a no, deservedly so.

Hook

PNewitt
06/07/2005, 12:12 AM
Just a reminder to those of you who might be "feeling blue" about "Highland Green"...

... that was the color of Bullitt's Fastback. That color looks great while "blurring" through San Francisco.

The Green Hornet was also dark green, but with custom gold metalflake instead of silver.

Paul "Maroon" N.

PFSlim
06/07/2005, 08:11 AM

Okay. Here is my final comment on this matter. If you have a GT/CS, you are way cool in my book no matter what the color!!!! I love them all. ;D :D ;D :D

Paul

hookedtrout
06/07/2005, 09:19 AM

Okay. Here is my final comment on this matter. If you have a GT/CS, you are way cool in my book no matter what the color!!!! I love them all. ;D :D ;D :D

Paul

Good comment I must say.

Hook

rvrtrash
06/07/2005, 10:39 AM
Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing.

Hook

I'm thinking it would be a limited edition of "1" making it incredibly rare. Up here in the north, it would have to be long sleeve and flannel. :D

Steve

I can do that as a "limited edition shirt" just for Idaho GT/CS owners only--if you want.. ::)

Paul N.

rvrtrash
06/07/2005, 10:46 AM
This could get real complicated real fast. Some people like long sleeves, some women like "French cut" sleeves, and/or a pastel color, there's kids sizes, and some want front pockets, and then there are sweatshirts, etc.... BTW--I'll add a drawing on the back of the shirt. Some new artwork. Would you like the original newspaper ad for the GT/CS that came out in March '68?

This is tricky--because ALL of this has to be ordered all at once from a screen printer.

I plan on first getting a good grip on the text of the new book, then I'll do a mass mailing (about 800) to

1. ask for any updates, Marti Reports, new ownership, etc...from members of the registry,

2. announce when the book will be ready (??),

3. and then offer T-Shirts, the sizes, etc. It becomes a bit of a nightmare. I really don't like doing the "advance order" thing unless I have to. I would just like to do everything in one mailing out to everyone.

I just hope that doing it like this is acceptable to everyone.

Paul N.

Paul, first of all, please do whatever you feel like doing. We don't want to load you down and stress you out. Second, I'd say most of your shirt sales would come from this board, as anyone that really cares about their cars are probably already here. I would consider offering the shirt one way (short sleeve) in 3 sizes and take paid in advance orders (I trust you) for a certain amount of time. Set up a paypal account we can just make deposits too, and when time is up, make the shirts and send them out. Totally seperate from the book. Just my unsolicited .02

Steve ;)

mmillstx
06/07/2005, 11:52 AM
Wow this thread has proced alot of great ideas. (as well as alot that were not) I am fine with ant decision that Paul has and or will make. I just have one question.....

Is there no love out there for Lime Gold?

hookedtrout
06/07/2005, 01:17 PM
Wow this thread has proced alot of great ideas. (as well as alot that were not) I am fine with ant decision that Paul has and or will make. I just have one question.....

My second choice...no doubt! Right behind...you knew that was coming! ;)

Hook

hcsstang
06/07/2005, 02:09 PM
I don't care what color it is as long that it's a GTCS or HCS Mustang. ;D 8). One of my sons friends pulled in with a CJ, boy it was in bad shape. It was left sit out for a number of years outside. Well they pulled the motor and found the VIN on the motor. I know the kid won't spend the money to fix it up the right way. The car has every think but it will take every thing to fix her up. Raven black with black interior and a four speed.

390cs68rcode
06/07/2005, 02:35 PM
I don't care what color it is as long that it's a GTCS or HCS Mustang. ;D 8). One of my sons friends pulled in with a CJ, boy it was in bad shape. It was left sit out for a number of years outside. Well they pulled the motor and found the VIN on the motor. I know the kid won't spend the money to fix it up the right way. The car has every think but it will take every thing to fix her up. Raven black with black interior and a four speed.

A CJ CS or HCS???????????????????????

if so (or a 681/2) please email me. I will fix it up right.

Mosesatm
06/07/2005, 08:53 PM
....repainting the one I have a different color someday.

Gasp!!! :o

Mosesatm
06/07/2005, 09:25 PM

Lime Gold Good!

Mosesatm
06/07/2005, 10:23 PM
My mothers 70 Mach 1 was a beautiful dark blue

Presidential Blue Gooood.

Mustanglvr
06/07/2005, 10:58 PM
Ahh Moses, I see you are back with us. That is gooood.
Hang in there. ;)Rhonda