• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Thought

PFSlim

Since we started showing our Cal Spec, it is amazing to me that so many folks have walked up and told us they had a Cal Spec. I have asked each one if they have their Spec in the Registry or if they visit this site and they always respond as a no.

Has anyone else seen this? What is everyone's idea towards helping me get these folks to this site or to the registry??

Paul

nfrntau

Paul, if you use a show board when you show your car your could put something on there.

Maybe we should have a t-shirt contest and then get a bunch of shirts made up?.
Rhonda, Sara I'm thinking design not wet..... at least not at first. :eek:

Mustanglvr

:)Actually, I think a t-shirt with the www.californiaspecial.com logo on it would be cool. 8) Maybe show a Highland Green GT/CS on it. (Moses you would like that.)
Oh yeah, I`ve been in those wet t-shirt contests before. Their not all their cracked up to be. You win and then the excitement is over. :eek: ::) ;D

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11177 date=1117850791]
You win and then the excitement is over. :eek: ::) ;D
[/quote]

Notice she didn't even consider the thought of losing??!!

Hummm!! Confidence!! Gotta like those Minnesota gals. :)

P

PNewitt

Oh, Geesch, here we go again...

I'm just wondering if either Marchal or Lucas fog lights would be "appropiate" for such a T-Shirt (with H2O use).

:eek: ::)

Canuck CSter

I believe this thought has some legs....

An official t-shirt for the gt/cs community, paul you have the rights and the graphic knowledge.

Why not throw in an official t shirt with the book package, add on 15 bucks for the work and include it in the package with the dvd.

We can wear our pride as well as show it at shows, gotta help the credibility.

I'll post a pic of a shirt I had one of those beach painters do at at spring break some years ago to visual the point.

Hey maybe for Ronda and the rest of our female contigent you option a muscle shirt.

Coarse we should view hard copies to approve.

Dale in Ottawa

quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11186 date=1117856538]
LOL

Attachments

• gtcs_005.jpg
    gtcs_005.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14

luisa2552

[. You win and then the excitement is over. :eek: ::) ;D

Maybe over for you, but not he crowd ;)
Sara

Oh, cast my vote for Highland Green

hookedtrout

It has to be Marchall lights on the front of the T as the Lucas are way to flat. ;D

Oh and did I mention I like the idea of a t-shirt as long as it is done with quality. So often groups come up with the idea of doing a t-shirt and do a cheapy piece of junk wash it a couple times and it's falling apart. Do it right or don't do it at all is what I say. I think we saw the willingness to fork out some cash when the calendars were done.

Oh and not to make anyone green with envy but Blue would have to be the color of the GT/CS, blue-Mustang, Mustang-blue they just go together like the Blue Ford Emblem, if Green was the ultimate Ford color then the emblem would be green. Now that's cowboy logic.

Hook

Canuck CSter

I get it 15 bucks in Idaho is real money, don't want to alarm any of ya's but here we pay 15 % TAX on everything, sorry 17 % for a dip at the well.

Quality, yes, our name represents it and anything associated with our cars should be top notch, just like them.

Riv

The problem with being special, is we have to set the standards of our greatness.

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11192 date=1117867078]
It has to be Marchall lights on the front of the T as the Lucas are way to flat. ;D

Oh and did I mention I like the idea of a t-shirt as long as it is done with quality. So often groups come up with the idea of doing a t-shirt and do a cheapy piece of junk wash it a couple times and it's falling apart. Do it right or don't do it at all is what I say. I think we saw the willingness to fork out some cash when the calendars were done.

Oh and not to make anyone green with envy but Blue would have to be the color of the GT/CS, blue-Mustang, Mustang-blue they just go together like the Blue Ford Emblem, if Green was the ultimate Ford color then the emblem would be green. Now that's cowboy logic.

Hook
[/quote]

Mosesatm

Another way to go might be to offer 3 or 4 packages.
Red - just the book
Blue - Book and DVD
Gold - Book and Shirt
Green - Book, DVD, Shirt

mmillstx

Has anyone seen the t-shirts that Branda sells for the Cal specials? I had one a few years ago, but is now m.i.a.. It had the cal special on the front and mustang logo on the back. (I think)

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11195 date=1117884244]
Another way to go might be to offer 3 or 4 packages.
Red - just the book
Blue - Book and DVD
Gold - Book and Shirt
Green - Book, DVD, Shirt

[/quote]
That's not a bad idea right there. Of course you realize you can have a California Special t-shirt all day long, but the car represented in the picture must ACTUALLY be a High Country, Royal Maroon, of course.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=luisa2552 link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=0#msg11190 date=1117861975]
Ok, how do you do the highlighting the quote thing???
Sara
[/quote]
Welcome to the board Sara. It's takes about 10 posts for someone to ask. We've about all done it. Just click on "reply with quote" on that particular persons reply (in this case yours) Then start typing what you want after the last bracketed quote. You can even go up into the quote and delete out all the stuff that doesn't pertain to what you're responding to.

P

PNewitt

Interesting ideas for marketing the book and other items.

Of course, it all would require me to invest in making all of these things. I appreciate the enthusiasm and ideas, so, I need to think this over. I have a few other things (i.e. "goodies") that I want to make to go with the book--that I think you'll ALL like...

The pic is of some shirts I once offered and made in 1994. The shirt was to be the color of your CS, with the corresponding stripe color (black or white)....except for the pink short that was requested. The "decal" art was used on the sleeve (© PMN 1994, 2005).

Thanks--
Paul Newitt

Attachments

• pmnshirts.jpg
    pmnshirts.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 14