• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The car has arrived!

Joes68

Hey all,
I am now the proud owner of a GT/CS! Have already received the Marti report, registered on this site, and sent a Marti copy and pics to Paul. All the homework and advice from you all is paying off, and the suspension and brakes are being done as we speak.
Tried to attach some pics but I guess even 1 pic is too big of a file to attach here.
Does anyone know when the Fabulous Fords show is held at Knott's? I thought it was May this year and not sure if it's the same time every year.
Thanks again all! Hopefully it won't be too long before I'll have some completed pictures of the car.
Ron

case12

Congrats! Would love to see pics! Have you put them in the Gallery yet? To put them on the post thread, they have to be less than 100kb. If you have them as a .jpeg, you can open them on your computer and do an image, resize and reduce it in size until it is less than 100kb. To tell what size the pic is you can right click on the pic file and check the 'properties' to see what size it is before uploading it. Casey

OP
OP
J

Joes68

Thanks for the info Casey. I just saw the pics were posted in the Gallery. Page 1.
I must've gotten too wrapped up in reading about the GT/CS wet t-shirt contest Paul is putting on!!!
Ron

case12

Very nice! I know you cant wait to get to work on it. Second owner from your uncle is really cool! Hope you get all the paperwork - it is priceless!

Looks like someone redid the tail stripes at one time? You will want does those again - they were not quite done right - they should be higher and swoop down on each side to a point (check out the other pics of cars on the site). Lots of people on the site can help you on how to do stripes and they are readily available.

[it would be real interesting to find out if your uncle says they have never been touched?]

Would love to see some interior pics too. I like the color. Casey

OP
OP
J

Joes68

Thanks Casey,
Unfortunately my Uncle passed away about a year ago so I'm unable to ask him ( I have good contacts but not that good! LOL).
I'll be getting the car checked out more to see if it's been in any accidents or any other signs of unusual stuff. I love cars and can do some things but don't have a shop or anything, so am limited in that area.
The inhterior is a little tired by still original. I'll have to take some pics and pass them along.
Ron

68gt390

It even has the "Marchal" fog lights from what I can see. That's cool. Protect those at any cost, they are hard to find. Let us know how your inspection of the car goes.

Don 8)

PFSlim

Weclome to the site and welcome to ownership of GT/CS. Casey is right, the rear stripes need work to make it original. Here is what you can do:

On this site (quite some time ago) there was a post with a gentlemens name that is in California. If you call him, you can order only the rear stripe and the color you need. Make sure you tell him you want the rear fender extension stripes as well.

Once you get the stripe, use a hair dryer to remove the old stripe. Prep to make sure the old stripe is off and paint looks okay.

Using a spray bottle of water and alittle soap, you can install the new stripe. Actually pretty easy to do.

As stated, keep track of those Marchals. If someone knows what they are and how valuable they are, they will lift them from the car.

Again, looks like a great car!!!!

Paul

hicountrybob

Ron, in reference to complete stripe kits (and partial striping for the trunk and quarter extensions) the source that is being referred to is Steve Goehring in Sanger, Calif, at 1-559-875-8898, evenings. I know this will help you very inexpensively. Hi Country Bob here.

OP
OP
J

Joes68

Thanks for the great info gang! I'll check on the stripes and get those corrected. Don and Paul, sorry the picture of the front wasn't that great. I have Lucas fog lights on it, but we'll keep an eye on them as well. The car will either be driven, locked up, or shown, and rarely will it be sitting out of sight! Thanks again for the info.
Ron