• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchall light brackets

I have a pair of the Marchall brackets that I would like to trade or sell for the Lucas light posts. They are from a Cal Special I brought home this last weekend, it does not have the Marchall lights, so I thought it would be easier to convert it to the Lucas setup.

68sunlitgold

Gary,
you can sell them because I am sure there would be someone on this site that would love to buy them, however, you should still have them on the car to make the car correct as a CS. Even Lucas lights had the brackets in the grille, even though the wiring is the only thing that ran through it.
Doug

OP
OP
G

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=3;threadid=221;start=0#1029 date=1045539362]
Gary,
you can sell them because I am sure there would be someone on this site that would love to buy them, however, you should still have them on the car to make the car correct as a CS. Even Lucas lights had the brackets in the grille, even though the wiring is the only thing that ran through it.
Doug
[/quote]Thanks for the response Doug, I didn't realize they were used with the Lucas lights. This my first Cal Special restoration so there are a few items I will rely on others to better inform me about

StraightSix

The way that they are used in the Lucas application is that the wire for the fog light is threaded through the hole in the Marchal bracket.

Feel free to use us as a resource whenever you need any information! While you're at it, why don't you go ahead and register as a member on this site. Do you know if your car is in the registry?

-Winston

OP
OP
G

I would like to buy the brackets. I am restoring a CS with the original Marchal lights, but the original grill is long gone. How much do you want for them? As for the comments about needing the brackets with the Lucas lights, you only need them if you are showing the car in the concourse division. Thanks! 8)

StraightSix

No, you need them if you want the car to be correct -- regardless of whether you're showing the car or not. I believe that Gary didn't realize this and that's why he had them offered for sale. I seems to me that he is keeping the brackets now, as well he should. Sorry clubpro, you'll have to look elsewhere for your brackets :-\

-Winston

OP
OP
G

[quote author=StraightSix link=board=3;threadid=221;start=0#1129 date=1046096229]
No, you need them if you want the car to be correct -- regardless of whether you're showing the car or not. I believe that Gary didn't realize this and that's why he had them offered for sale. I seems to me that he is keeping the brackets now, as well he should. Sorry clubpro, you'll have to look elsewhere for your brackets :-\

-Winston
[/quote]Yes, I am going to keep the brackets and adapt them to a '67 grill I picked up last week. I had the opportunity to take a real close look at a restored CS over the weekend and get a better idea of what I need to do to my car to complete the areas that are lacking.
My CS is now in the registry and I will send photo's to the gallery as soon as it is completed.
For anyone interested, I am in the process of putting together a Mustang only car show sceduled for November 1, of this year. Hosted by the Mustang Club of Las Vegas and sponsored by Mustangs Plus, the show will be downtown under the canopy of the Fremont Street Experience with Carroll Shelby and John Colleti in attendance. Look for future announcements in Mustang Monthly Magazine.

OP
OP
G

You can find a detailed description on converting a 67 grill to a CS grill in Paul Newitt's 2nd registry book. He shows you exactly how to install the brackets and cut out the sections for the brackets. Also, good luck on the car show. I attended the S.A.A.C. 7 in Vegas a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how unorganized it was. Still not sure where all of the money went...

If anyone knows where I can find a pair of brackets please let me know. I too am in both Paul Newitt's registry and this registry. Thanks!8)

StraightSix

If you're not opposed to USA made quality reproductions, Delta Bay Mustang has them... or at least they had some. If you call and ask maybe they will make up some more. The only difference between theirs and the originals is "LH" and "RH" aren't stamped in the back. I seriously doubt that any concourse judge would even be able to see that without taking the grille off.

-Winston

OP
OP
G

Winston,
FYI, Delta Mustang does have the light brackets in stock for $69.95. Seems like a pretty reasonable price. phone # 1-800-664-8350,.

Russ ;D

StraightSix

Sweet, so they made another batch? I bought their next-to-last pair a month or so ago, and somebody else (maybe you) said that they were going to order the last set.

-Winston