• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood problems

kevin

Banned
Has anyone else had their hood bend (crimp) up near the hinges? I have two used hoods, and both of them have done this. I'm thinking about welding some steel reinforcements in the frame along the sides before I reattach the hood skin. Maybe I have just been unlucky getting two crimped hoods.

OP
OP
K

kevin

Banned
I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in seeing pictures of specific parts of my restoration? I have pictures of a complete cowl repair, quarter panel skin replacement, full quarter panel replacements, floor pan replacement, body work on hood and fenders, and fiberglass repair.

Just let me know if your interested in any of these repairs? I can post pics, and info on how to do them.

StraightSix

Kevin, I would love to see all of those pics (w/descriptions if possible). The only thing that I'm not sure I need to do is the cowl vent repair-- all of the others I'll be doing :-\

-Winston

rjw

I would think that would be an invaluable resource for many that frequent this website. Your experience could very easily save many others time and trouble, and likewise, others posting of their experience could save you time and trouble.

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
Maybe Jon (web admin) could make a restration section so the pics and describtions could go some where they could be accessed indefinately instead of eventually being buried in the forums. Just a thought.
Doug

OP
OP
K

kevin

Banned
I'll start organizing pics, and making descriptions. When I got the car it was a rust bucket, so I've done every possible repair to it. Is there any immediate repairs anyone is making or want info on so I can get those first? Any questions on welding, body work, or painting please ask.

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
Though it is not for my CS (no rust on it), but I am working on my convertible and I am in the process of doing the floors and inner engine fender, where the battery goes. Also will have to do the quarters but only the bottom portions, should get by with just a patch.
Thanks for asking
Doug