• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustanger

Hey, I just noticed that I became a "full member" (guess I've been kinda active on this board) ;D.

I know that when I officially joined earlier this year I just kinda "jumped in with both feet", plus I was feeling a little familiar with some of the folks because I personally met one, and especially because I've been a "guest" and visited from time to time over the past few years.

Just about everyone on this board seems really nice and friendly, and I would like to someday meet some more of you all ... perhaps at some of the car shows, or the CS get-together that we were all talking about a few weeks ago.

Just a little about myself: I currently own a restored, red '70 Mach I, which was my first car (owned it since '82), and a blown '95 Mustang GT Convertible (for sale on collector car trader) which is my daily driver. Prior to the convertible I owned a mildly tricked-out '89 Mustang GT, ... man, that car was alot of fun ;).

Still looking to get a CS, though I think I may have one in my sights. I'm also trying to close the deal on selling my convertible, and then I think I'll have some cash to buy my CS (being a young family can make finances a little tight at times ;)).

I really enjoy interacting on this board, hope to make Paul's registry deadline, ... just gotta keep hopin' and prayin' ... :)

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=4;threadid=2000;start=0#msg13292 date=1123515404]
"course, I've felt as though I've belonged since day one and yes, I can't wait to meet up with these folks.
[/quote]

... yeah, and even if we can't all meet at one time and in one place, I think it might be nice if we met at different places and took some group pic's and posted them so we can all put faces to some of the names :).

Hoop69Mach1

I think its cool. I'm still just a newb, will hope to grow into full member, at this point will be satisfied w/Jr. Mbr. I've felt welcome here from day one too.

Where in So. Cal r u located anyway? I'm just east of San Bernardino, perhaps we should see if we can meet. I have 69 Mustang Fastback, that I'm also restoring, well modding more like it.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=Hoop69Mach1 link=board=4;threadid=2000;start=0#msg13295 date=1123519258]
I think its cool. I'm still just a newb, will hope to grow into full member, at this point will be satisfied w/Jr. Mbr. I've felt welcome here from day one too.

Where in So. Cal r u located anyway? I'm just east of San Bernardino, perhaps we should see if we can meet. I have 69 Mustang Fastback, that I'm also restoring, well modding more like it.

[/quote]

I'm on the edge of San Bernardino County, L.A. County, Orange County, and Riverside County (it's where they all meet). If you saw my earlier post (in the forum) I was posting an invite to all for the famous Route 66 Rendezvous - out by your way! Who knows, that may be a good place to meet a few folks :).

By the way - how's that blue CS you recently picked up??

Hoop69Mach1

I figure then you're somewhere around Chino. ;D

I'll be at the Rendezvous this year, haven't missed one yet in the last 9years. I must have missed that post you did earlier though.

As far as my new acquisition, the blue CS well I can assure you that she has a good home now. She rides and handles real nice. As we both know, she has her issues, which I will be working to correct. Thats what makes this fun. But so far, I'm very happy with it. In fact I get more thumbs up in it than I do my 69!

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=Hoop69Mach1 link=board=4;threadid=2000;start=0#msg13297 date=1123527856]
I figure then you're somewhere around Chino. ;D

I'll be at the Rendezvous this year, haven't missed one yet in the last 9years. I must have missed that post you did earlier though.

As far as my new acquisition, the blue CS well I can assure you that she has a good home now. She rides and handles real nice. As we both know, she has her issues, which I will be working to correct. Thats what makes this fun. But so far, I'm very happy with it. In fact I get more thumbs up in it than I do my 69!

[/quote]

Here's the thread, and link, to the route 66 info:

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1995

I haven't missed a Route 66 show either. They're huge with the whole downtown area being filled with all sorts of cars and exhibits - not too many car shows or cruises can compare to this one :eek:!

CalPaul

So how does one move up in the ranks? Is it the number of posts made?

Mosesatm

[quote author=CalPaul link=board=4;threadid=2000;start=0#msg13299 date=1123530228]
So how does one move up in the ranks? Is it the number of posts made?
[/quote]

Amount paid to Jon ;)

Mosesatm

It's the number of messages you post. I think it's listed somewhere on this website how many posts it takes to meet certain levels.