• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How I spent my summer vacation.

rvrtrash

I'm trying again. It wouldn't post the first time. I thought I'd post a couple of pics of how I spent the month of July (and to needle "HookedTrout"). I'm the one driving and the pic is of "Wild Sheep Rapid" in Hell's Canyon. I had to really crop them to get them to fit so you can't see how big it really is.
Steve ;D

Attachments

• Hells_Canyon_05_005.JPG
    Hells_Canyon_05_005.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Here's the second one. ;D ;D
Steve

Attachments

• Hells_Canyon_05_006.JPG
    Hells_Canyon_05_006.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'm not sure the river is ready for you, your brother-in-law and me all at once, but I'm willing to find out!
Steve

390cs68rcode

looks like you forgot sunscreen on your head.

;)

PS
If you ever see a picture of me you will have a good chance for a hair joke (ever see the movie Joe Dirt?)

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=4;threadid=2082;start=0#msg14038 date=1125409797]
looks like you forgot sunscreen on your head.

;)

PS
If you ever see a picture of me you will have a good chance for a hair joke (ever see the movie Joe Dirt?)
[/quote]

Jason;
Now we see why your buying all those cars!!! Trying to hide that hair dooooooo!!!!

Don ;D

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Never saw the movie Joe Dirt. Maybe I should. I'm not much of a hat person and don't like wearing them in the big rapids. I wear a boonie hat on the river but take it off in the big rapids. I've had them come off and hang in front of my face so I couldn't see one to many times. Things are exciting enough without doing it blindfolded! I always figured if people were going to judge my worth by my hairline (or lack of one), they weren't the kind of people I wanted to be around anyway.
Steve ;D ??? (This should be the no-hair icon)

hookedtrout

I sure wish the good lord would bless me with a bald head. Hair is nothing but a pain in the arse. Like a lawn that's been fertilized you have to keep mowing the damn thing. I buz my own hair off to the lowest setting on the clippers we have in the bathroom and the fact that I have to keep doing it irritates the crap out of me. Waste of time in my opinion.

I used to go to the barber but he spent half an hour going around my head to justify his time, the beauticians I went to spent longer than that and all I wanted was it buzzed off, I think they would feel guilty spending a couple of minutes buzzing it all off and charging me so I bought my own clippers and it takes me about 3 minutes and another minute to have the wife check the back to get what I may have missed. Hair is way over rated. Wish I could trade with someone that has a hair complex and is bald. 8)

Hook

nfrntau

Iv'e been bald for more than half my life. If I suddenly grew hair none of my friends would recognize me. I too go for the home clipper hair cuts. I can buzz the head as good as a barber and for $10 buck less. :)
(notice, that's a bald smiley!

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Hey Hook, I'm already talking to people about floating at Riggins next 4th of July. Put it on your calender! I'll also offer an open invitation to anyone from this site that wants to live on the edge, for a day trip.
Steve