• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

hood locks

Eastcoast

I recently acquired a GTCS without hood locks and I read that someone had schematics to drill some. Everything else is in place. Any help would be appreciated to the "newbie". Thanks Dave

clubpro

Check out Paul Newitts second GT/CS registry book 1996 edition. He gives you step by step details on installing the hood locks. Good luck! 8)

StraightSix

Hey!! Somebody changed the comment that I put on that picture (Jon? ;)). Paul's book says that the holes should be 5" from the edge (measuring from the centerline of the hole). I drilled for 5" at first and found that I needed them a little more inboard. 5 3/16" was perfect for me. Someone else (Jon, I believe) measured his original holes and came up with 5 1/8 inches.

-Winston

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=StraightSix link=board=1;threadid=241;start=0#msg1222 date=1046535167]Hey!! Somebody changed the comment that I put on that picture (Jon? ;)). [/quote]

Oops! Sorry. Don't know why I did that. I had already looked through the Registry to see that it said 5". :p It's changed back now.

If memory serves me right, I think that when I measured that, I went by the distance WITHOUT the contours on the hood, and as if it was a straight measurement. I think at the time, I chose to not confuse people wanting to do this, and show the measurement as a "straight-on" version.

That would explain the (short; 5") difference in measurement.

Anyway, glad to see that it's been fixed. Thanks!

BTW--remember that the cut metal on the underside is exposed--as these were cut at the factory after the hood had been painted. Another thing to look for when buying an "original" GT/CS.

Paul.