• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

cruise

case12

My wife and I are leaving sunday for a 7 day Alaska cruise for our 20th anniversary. Anyone done this before and have any suggestions? We are not wilderness fly fishing types like Hook - we are more 'love boat' types. Casey

hookedtrout

I won't suggest mingling with the Grizzlies while you have the chance then. ;D Speaking of which my son got chased by a grizzly for a little ways :eek: a few weeks back while out archery hunting, the grizz rushed him and put on the front it was going to attack then turned and left. We had one track us several years ago while archery hunting but I've been lucky enough not to get that close. Scared him pretty good I guess.

Hook

rvrtrash

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=4;threadid=2146;start=0#msg14517 date=1126887552]
Scared him pretty good I guess.

Hook

[/quote]

Well Ya, it would scare me too!. I carry my own Grizzly with me, in .45 Winchester Magnum.

Steve

Mustanglvr

Ummmm, if anybody is squimish, I suggest you don`t look at the very bottom picture in the link Moses posted. Its definately not for anybody under 18.
Rhonda

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=4;threadid=2146;start=0#msg14525 date=1126904265]
Ummmm, if anybody is squimish, I suggest you don`t look at the very bottom picture in the link Moses posted. Its definately not for anybody under 18.
Rhonda
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't know that picture was there. I didn't scroll that far down. It is a little gruesome.

hookedtrout

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=4;threadid=2146;start=0#msg14520 date=1126888309]
[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=4;threadid=2146;start=0#msg14517 date=1126887552]
Scared him pretty good I guess.

Hook

[/quote]

Well Ya, it would scare me too!. I carry my own Grizzly with me, in .45 Winchester Magnum.

Steve
[/quote]

Dusty (my son) packs a 454 Kasul (sp?) the thing is huge and I'm sure it would do the trick if you had reaction enough time to get it out and place a good shot. The only problem with Grizz, you better have some good witnesses or some carnage because Fish and Game will nail you good for killing a Grizz unless you can prove self defense, the best self defense is carnage in the way of rips and tears. I know of a few killed but most people just use the SSS method.

Cory