• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

FAKE??????

68sunlitgold

cmacias24,
We have dicussed this car before, the dealer has had it for sale for over a year. There has been people that have told him it is not an original CS but he insists that it is and we (those who have talked to him) do not know everything about the CS. I think he could sell it if he lowered the price and said it was a 'Clone'.
Doug

Before I sold my 'X' code a couple of years ago, I was showing it in Minneapolis and guy came up to me at a show and said he owned a real convertible one of them when he lived in Louisiana in the 70's. I told him that they didn't make them and I proceeded to show him both registeries. He told me not to believe everything that is written down. I think he was probably confused--totally confused, as I proceeded to pick his brain about where he bought it and so forth. Of course, he wasn't the original owner and stated there was no paperwork with the car. ;D

I think I know what car this is. Back in about 1984, a gentleman named "Marty", who worked at the Pico Rivera (L.A.) Ford plant made a convertible GT/CS (Red on white like this one) from a stock '68, and I spoke with him at one of the Knotts shows about it. Real nice guy, and he admitted that it wasn't a production model.

When I was interviewing Lee Grey (L.A. District Sales Mgr.), I asked him specifically if they made any GT/CS Convertibles or Fastbacks--and he emphatically said "no".

I know of two red CS (non-prod.) convertibles, sold at used car dealers..and I have the VIN #s "somewhere" in my stuff.

All someone has to do is contact Marti Autoworks and get info on this VIN. That would be real interesting....

Also--did you see the non-CS fog lights on this car? I couldn't see the script, but the positioning of it is a tip off, too.

Paul.

Update...

Marty's "created" CS Convertible is # C166370, but he sold it many years ago, and it was yellow with black stripes (oops, not red).

I saw a red one with black interior for sale at a "Collectible Car" dealership in Dublin, CA, back in about 1990, but it was not a production CS, either.

In all my years of talking to people ,and research, and almost to the point of taunting people to "prove it", I have yet to see a single CS convertible with the paperwork to prove it.

I've heard of, or know about a total of 5. All were built/modified by the (then) owner.

If anyone out there (or Marti, with his data) can prove it, I'll accept it, but until then, I stand by my books, and state that there were none made at the SJ plant.

PMN

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a couple of CS converts advertised over the years. Every time I see one I contact the owner and offer to pay for a VIN report from Marti Auto. Funny, they never seem to get back to me with the VIN's. ::)

I guess all we need to do is ask Marti to look up to see if the GT/CS "option" was ever put on a convertible (or fastback).

That would end that "question" once and for all.

PMN