• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

We tested the nitrous in my 66 mustang today........

390cs68rcode

I have a 420 HP 347 motor in my fully modified 66 coupe. We are spraying a 200 HP shot of nitrous at full throttle. Me and my mechanic went out for the test runs. At 40 mph in 2nd gear (4 speed automatic) he nailed the throttle and the rear tires spun which put the car a little sideways and it SHOT ahead to about 110 mph when he let off. Next, from 10 mph in first gear he nailed it, the tires hooked up since they were hotter and it took off like a rocket! We started this project a year ago and finally got to see the end result. I did not run the car as the driver yet but will this weekend.

My Mercedes below has 540 HP and 590 lb. Ft of torque and it absolutely plants you in the seat at full throttle. The 66 I would say does not have as much torque but it did feel like it acclerated faster than the Benz. The 66 should be putting 580-620 hp out at the motor.

can't wait till the weekend to blast around some.

CalPaul

Sounds awesome. I'm actually more curious about your 4sp Auto. What type is it? Where did you and find it? and Lastly, what were the $$ involved for this? C4s were fun in the 70s but lately..........

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

TCI Streetfighter

I have the B&M ratchet shifter in there as well. We rigged up some tasteful nitrous switches to the humphugger console. The humphugger is BOLTED to the floorpan and is as solid as a rock. I hate the way aftermarket consoles move around.

I will probably post some updated pictures on it this weekend (after I burn some nitrous).

CalPaul

What sort of modifications did you need to make to the drivetrain? We can take this offline if need be.
Thanks

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

to be honest I think it is stock from TCI. My mechanic called them up and said what we were doing and this is the one that showed up and can handle the 600hp (I hope).