• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sometimes you just gotta wonder...

68gt390

My question would be for the Ford Dealer. If you've got those kinds of cars sitting on a showroom floor, what kind of security systems were installed on the building? If the thieves had that much time to pry open double door's and then break into several offices plus use another car to push several others out of the way. Any kind of security system (even Barney Fife) would have given the police time to get there. Even though you've got insurance you would think they would want to protect their inventory. I bet that was the fastest 3 miles those thieves ever traveled. :rofl:

Don

jk89cat

ill tell ya, the dealerships i have worked at, no alarm, although the last one had a cop that patroled the lot at night , you would think with that much money in cars and inventory that theyd have some kind of system

Diesel Donna

I got to sit in a Ford GT at my cousins' Ford Dealership in October,but at least it was secured out of sight inside the garage. I know she did have alarms on the building and she also lives right next door.

I guess if somebody wants a car bad enough they'll get it....
so it looks like those thieves DID 'drive it like they stole it'.

68gt390

Myself, if I'd of had that much time to steal that kind of car I would of used a flatbed or enclosed hauler. At least that way once you've got the car, you've still got something worth selling instead of running it into a ditch. Besides, even if they'd of gotten a few more miles away, driving at the speed they were traveling you'd think they would draw some type of attention to themselves. Not the smartest thing in the world to do. Seems to me they weren't the sharpest tool in the shed. :rolleyes:

Don

Mustanglvr

Maybe it was a spur of the moment type of crime. They were probably petty criminals with an opportunity and did`nt take the time to do it right.

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
Maybe it was a spur of the moment type of crime. They were probably petty criminals with an opportunity and did`nt take the time to do it right.

Since they knew were to look for the keys, I would assume they had some inside help with this one. I'm sure that's the avenue the investigation will take.

Don