• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS on EBAY......comments please

Just wondering what you guys think of this one...It's only a few miles away me. His reserve is already met at 7000.00 Any comments from you pros greatly appreciated.

RacingFan

I took a look at it...it doesn't sound too bad. I would make sure that he verifies that it is a gt/cs before I put down the cash. The comments about the rust worry me a little, but that just means you should take a good hard look at it. It mentions, I thought, a deluxe interior. Write to him and have him send some interior pics as well as the data plate and vin information. Good luck!

Calspecialdreamer

Also, paint looks "orange peelish" up close. Doesn't look like a great restoration. Probably priced about right for the shape. I know it was just painted, but from the rear view picture, it is not that good. Reserve was awful low for a Cal Spec.

x-codegtcs

If it were me, i would inspect before bidding and take a magnet and glass of water for the cowling test. Dreamer is right that the paint is "ok" may be a warning of other things hidden.

OP
OP
G

No hood locks means the hood has been replaced . A clue that the car may have been wrecked at one time.
Examine the core support, frame ends, and aprons carefully for signs of repair.

Calspecialdreamer

Is it just me or did this car just drop down to 3700.00! It was at 7K yesterday! What happened? Maybe my browser is waaaaaayy behind......

OP
OP
G

The high bidder got cold feet and retracted his bid this afternoon.

Calspecialdreamer

I emailed and asked why the hood pins were gone and the reply came back that the owner took them off for painting. That's all the email said. Guess he filled the holes in figuring he wasn't putting the pins back in.....

bish

The registry also lists this car as having Marchal lights,
but it's sporting Sq8's with incorrect bases. More evidence of a poss. front end wreck.

Calspecialdreamer

Good sluthing Bish! He is missing the parking lights, so it probably was hit, repaired, and repainted. I don't know why you wouldn't put the locks back in and the lights also????? Maybe ran out of cash?

68sunlitgold

A couple other clues to a possible front end wreck, look at the passenger side fender, there are bolts missing where it attaches to the inner fender. Also look at the underside of the hood, there is no wiring going to the turn signals, it also looks like the inner fender on the passenger side, right above the battery is buckled.
Doug

bish

I think we all have too much time on our hands! ;D ;D

OP
OP
G

Wow! I have always loved Mustangs, but, I never even knew of the GT/CS version until this week when a friend told me of an original owner who was selling his car... glad you all "have too much time on your hands" because it has been great reading all of your comments! :) ...what is the most important thing I should look for when I go see this "completly original, never hit car"? (with over 200k miles) Thanx ;D michel

68sunlitgold

michel,
look in the identification section of this site, it will point out some of the unique parts of the CS. But the things that are the most easily noticed are:
-Front grille: should be a 67 not 68 and have light brackets in them (these brackets are different than the GT light brackets)
-Hood pins: should be the twist type just like on 68 Shelbys
-Fiberglass: Look at the trunk lid, the under side should NOT look like handlaid fiberglass, it should look almost smooth.
-Taillight harness: This wiring harness is unique to the CS and next to where it connects to the passenger 65 T-bird taillight should be a purple tag with the numbers SXr and C8ZX-14405-A
This should give a first good idea if it is a true CS but the best way to tell is get a Marti Auto Work Report, there is a link to the form and a # to call under resources. Good luck on your search
Doug