• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For your perusal

nfrntau

I've seen a few photos posted of the round type sub-frame connectors. I did some painting this last week and thought I would share a photo of my square type sub-frame connectors.
The second photo is my new rear seat brackets. This is what I came up with to mount my 2005 Mustang rear seat. If I ever need to I can always cut them out and use my original seat.
Revisiting another older post, shown in this same photo. I welded in my steel trunk divider and then cut access holes for shock installation/replacement.
I decided at this point of my restoration welding it in was safer, wouldn't damage the paint, less chance for rattles, would stiffen the chassis a little bit and provide an area to mount an amplifier should I ever decide to.

Attachments

• Subframe connector.jpg
    Subframe connector.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Seat Bracket.jpg
    Seat Bracket.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 37

joedls

Those subframe connectors look really nice. They hug the floor very nicely. I have seen some cars with subframe connectors that hang down way too low. Your car looks like its coming along nicely.

Joe

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

case12 said:
Wow...looks like you will be joining the Foose team before long. Nice job. Casey

Start to finish 7 days. errrr make that years lol

I had the bug sraying guy over the other day for my 3 month. He comes to me and says "I've been doing this for over twenty years and this is the first time I've ever seen a transmission in the pantry.

My Fiance' calls it my mustang obsession. It turns out her Dad keeps car parts all over his house too. Man am I lucky!

Today is the day, tomorrow I'll be a married man!
Y'all have a great weekend!

Mosesatm

One motivational factor with my car is to show the bug guy that I've made progress between visits. He tends to drool when he's in the garage. I figure that's from the years of bug spray since the car isn't much to look at yet.

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
Sooo, why are you guys in such need of a "bug guy"?

Fire ants, carpenter ants, roaches, earwigs, and a whole host of other disgusting many-legged creepy crawly things that live in the South. If it has more than 4 legs I want it dead! What's really fun is when one of the jurrasic park size flying tree roaches gets into the house. The dogs are even afraid of those things!!

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Fire ants, carpenter ants, roaches, earwigs, and a whole host of other disgusting many-legged creepy crawly things that live in the South. If it has more than 4 legs I want it dead! What's really fun is when one of the jurrasic park size flying tree roaches gets into the house. The dogs are even afraid of those things!!

:eek: Eeeek! And you get these in your houses? I guess in the bigger cities here in Minnesota they have cockroaches and rats, I guess, but around here we are lucky to get spiders or boxelder bugs in our houses. The boxelder bug is totally harmless so they aren`t much problem unless they invade your home in the hundreds. The last few years we have been over run with the Asian lady beetle. They`ll invade the warmest side of the house and come in every crevice they can find. They are harmless except if you step on one they don`t smell so good. I don`t know anybody that has hired a bug guy to get rid of these though. Minnesota is known for its huge mosquitos. They spray the towns for those during the summer. I guess every state has some kind of creature invasion. How did we get talking about bugs anyway?:rofl:

jk89cat

i have questions, i am considering doing the new mustang seats in my car too, does the back seat fit well in there besdies the mounts? i was just goign to get take the frame off the new ones and install on the 67 frames

Mustanger

nfrntau said:
Today is the day, tomorrow I'll be a married man!
Y'all have a great weekend!

Congrats!!! Marriage can be a great and wonderful experience - takes work, but it's worth it...

Once again, congratulations!!!

Mosesatm

jk89cat said:
i have questions, i am considering doing the new mustang seats in my car too, does the back seat fit well in there besdies the mounts? i was just goign to get take the frame off the new ones and install on the 67 frames

The newer Mustang rear seats are much lower profile and they have no internal framework. It's amazing how light they are but, since they are basically just foam they require a frame be built to support them.

It might be possible to attach the original frames to the front seats but it also might be easier to just drill new holes in the floor. Depends if you want ease or floor purity.

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Here is a photo of the seat prior to installing the supports. I think it fits pretty well. It droops slightly at the ends in the photo because there are no supports. I will have to fabricate a filler for the area between the bottom seat face and the floor. I will wait until I get a carpet in there and then see what I have to work with. Hopefully the carpet will have enough at the back to use for this purpose. That would look best.
The second photo shows the bottom of the new seat. It's just foam and plastic. Using the original stuff really isn't practical for the rear. The top portions attach at lower hinge points and with a u-bolt at the top.
I don't have the fronts yet. I have to wait until a few more wealthy teenagers wipe out there new mustangs. I have only seen two come up for bids on ebay since I made the decision to put these seats in.
I also need to get a set of front and rear seatbelts for these seats.
I don't expect to have back seat riders often but I want to make sure their safe too. I sat the seat and it's comfortable. Leg room will be an issue for an adult.
Once again, if any of you know where I can get a good deal on a pair????