• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Now this is a 4X4!!

x-codegtcs

Well I finally dug out the old photo album and scanned the photos in of this VERY RARE GT/CS ;). I know the one posted earlier was an enlarged photo of a small B/W print. Here is a color photo.

I have the 4 photos taken of this beast in Feb '93 in the Gallery.

Enjoy!!

68sunlitgold

x-codegcs,
where are the other photos at in the Gallery? I tried to look for them and did not find them. I would love to see all four.
Doug

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Doug,

I loaded them to the gallery last night - same time I did the original for this post. A message came up stating that the photos had to be reviewed and it would take about 6 days. So once they get to it they will post it. I should have loaded at least one in it's most recent state too - off the Bronco frame. :eek:

Bryce

hookedtrout

Was this 4X4 in Utah in the early 80's? I entered my Special in the Rick Warner Ford Mustang show (took the special interest award) and there was a 4X4 that looked just like this one.

Cory G

rjw

Surely it is the same one...I can not imagine there are two of these cars configured like this!
Richard

68sunlitgold

hookedtrout,
yes it is the same one, Sal sold it on ebay...x-codegtcs got a great deal on it. Before Sal sold it he was in the process of putting it back to stock. Yes it was in Utah.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I just added it to the gallery. Wow! That's something you don't see every day. I'm a huge classic Bronco fan as well as as a GT/CS lover, but I don't know about the two together in the same vehicle!!! ;)

68sunlitgold

Bryce,
I did not realize Sal had put a rollbar in it! Where the qarters and floor that bad that they had to be replaced?
Doug

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

To confirm earlier posts, this car was the one at the Rick Warner show. The Utah title I have (Sal never titled it) is dated back to August 1981. AMAZINGLY this car was converted when Jeff Barnes (the guy Sal bought it from) bought it. So this was a late 70's or 1980 conversion.

Doug, as for the roll bar, it was in the car when Sal bought it, and he cut it out during his time with it. The floor pans are original as are the quarters. I am probably going to have both replaced though as the floor pans, while OK may as well be replaced while it is completely stripped down. This way I don't have to worry about taking it apart again - at least for anther 35 years (by that time it will be my sons car).

NOW - Check out this photo. I think it could be the same guy who made the GT/CS Bronco..... ;D I took this photo last night at a drive in.

Bryce

Attachments

• 4X4Ghia.JPG
    4X4Ghia.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 14

hookedtrout

Looks like your drive in's are about like our local car shows. Small town life does have it's advantages though, seeing a lot of sweet cars like this isn't one of them.

Cory

[quote author=x-codegtcs link=board=1;threadid=302;start=0#msg1558 date=1050087985]

NOW - Check out this photo. I think it could be the same guy who made the GT/CS Bronco..... ;D I took this photo last night at a drive in.

Bryce
[/quote]