• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ALF pics for Diesel Donna...

Midnight Special

...b'cuz I can't seem to deliver them to her via regular e-mail. :-O

Here you go D.D.

The truck is a 1945 model that still has its original V-12. It's driven regularly for parades, special events and for neighborhood fun. Costly tho... Fuel consumption is rated in gallons-per-mile! It served as Grass Valley VFD No. 2 from 1947 'til around 1980 and named 'Amber' (by firemen wives) based on an era book about a prostitute who frequented firehouses...

Attachments

• IM000156.jpg
    IM000156.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IM000161.jpg
    IM000161.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 30
  • IM000492e.jpg
    IM000492e.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IM000501-e.jpg
    IM000501-e.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
  • amberloco.jpg
    amberloco.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21

Diesel Donna

WOW! Great truck!! I love her name...hahahaaaaa.
I haven't decided on a name for my meat wagon yet. I saw a classic hearse years ago and the plates said 'DEADSLED'....so maybe I could be MEDSLED.
Ooooh I have a hundred ideas. :icon_twis
Anyone have any suggestions for personalized plates? (Oh I can't wait for this!)

~~~~Donna

hcsstang

The Hershey car museum has a hearse on display. It has a coffen in the back with the lid open and on the inside it has a complete bar.

Mosesatm

If anyone has an real interest in hearses our museum has quite a few of them. Here is the website. If you are ever near Houston and want to see it let me know. It's not too far from my house.

http://www.nmfh.org/

Remember the museum's motto; "Any day above ground is a good one".

Diesel Donna

hcsstang said:
The Hershey car museum has a hearse on display. It has a coffen in the back with the lid open and on the inside it has a complete bar.

hcsstang...I can't help it but I have to ask..Is it a complete Hershey bar?
I know I know, that was bad. :rolleyes:

Diesel Donna

Hey Arlie,
I took my CS to a car show a few years back and the hearse club showed up. They are a little on the macabre side but fun. This one guy gets out and he's wearing a black top hat and he unloaded a casket and opened it up and DROVE around in it! Hahahahaaaaa! He opened up the 'little' lid and climbed in ...what do you call the little end anyhow?
I have a cousin that lives in Humble... I'll try to remember that museum if I ever get there.

~~~~Donna

Mosesatm

Diesel Donna said:
Hey Arlie,
He opened up the 'little' lid and climbed in ...what do you call the little end anyhow?
~~~~Donna

I don't know if it has a formal name but we always call it the head panel.

BTW, the caskets with 2 panels are called half-couches and the ones with a full lid are called full-couches. Now there's a juicy bit of information for your next cocktail party!!

Seriously, if anyone is in need of any funeral or cemetery related information send me an email and I'll help in any way I can. Believe it or not death care is a complicated business and there are some less-than-honest providers out there. The more information you have when the need arises the better off you'll be.

Diesel Donna

Mosesatm said:
Seriously, if anyone is in need of any funeral or cemetery related information send me an email and I'll help in any way I can. Believe it or not death care is a complicated business and there are some less-than-honest providers out there. The more information you have when the need arises the better off you'll be.

Yes I learned a WHOLE lot when my husband died. Who would have ever known what a Ziegler case is??
That's very nice of you to offer assistance Arlie. Oh that reminds me . I should donate the four plots I own in Centerville, Tx. to a needy family.
I know that I preach to others when they have a loss, because I learned so much in my own loss.

Diesel Donna

Speaking of parts and dearly departed.....a good friend of mine that I used to work with told me years ago that he had a Mustang, but it was in pieces in a storage trailer in his back yard. His widow wants me to come over today and get all those parts. I forgot what year and model the car was, I'm thinking a 70 Mach I but I could be way wrong.
I have no idea what 'pieces' may mean....body parts? an engine?
Stay tuned...film at 11!

~~~~Donna

rvrtrash

Donna, some of the parts for a '70 are the same as my '71-not many, but some. When you find out what you have, email me a list and I may be able to help you get rid of some of it.
Steve

Diesel Donna

rvrtrash said:
Donna, some of the parts for a '70 are the same as my '71-not many, but some. When you find out what you have, email me a list and I may be able to help you get rid of some of it.
Steve

Steve,
It turned out to be a 1969 Coupe. Meadowlark Yellow (I always want to say Meadowlark Lemon) and the data plate code is 9RO1F116379.
65A W 2A 29K 71 3 W.
I figured everything out except the 29K..do you know what that means? I have both doors with some rust and a decent deck lid. Other miscellaneous parts in fair condition are the dash, speedometer cluster,glovebox,tail lights,wiper motor,headlight. right kick panel, ash tray, right quarter panel extension and a few boxes of little stuff.
My friend said she was in an accident with the car and her late husband saved what he could. He sold the engine long ago. It was a 302.
Just let me know if there is anything you can use. Thanks!
~~~~Donna

rvrtrash

29K means it was built October 29th. Sorry, but none of those parts will work for me. I'll let people know what you have available in case someone else needs it though.
Steve

Diesel Donna

Mustanglvr said:
You should put those parts on Ebay Donna.

Yes I gave them to a fellow Mustang friend and told him he could ebay them. Or he may build a car! He built a 65 and 66 GT350 convertibles (clones) and a 56 truck. Now he is building a 57 T~Bird and just purchased a 1931 Twin Coach. It is an old Helms Bakery truck that looks like a mini trolley car, very funny!

The load I took from my girlfriends house more than filled the back of my truck. I think he is better off to ebay though.

BroadwayBlue

Everytime I see the title of this topic I keep expecting to see pics of that alien ALF guy from the TV show :grin:

I know it's for American Lafrance but here you go anyhow...

Attachments

• alf.jpg
    alf.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12

Diesel Donna

Ha hahahaaa i think of him too...we must have the same warped sense of humor.

Mustanglvr

Oh man, I`ve been wondering all along what this thread had to do with that alien Alf, LOL.