• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What the @#$Q^$#

x-codegtcs

Just thought I would post the below photo off of my GT/SC .... errr...... GT/CS :eek: Any thoughts?!?!

Bryce

Attachments

• DSC00015a.JPG
    DSC00015a.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 10

68sunlitgold

Bryce,
Cool looking....I can't answer why it is GT/SC but if you read Paul guide the car was initially called the SC but was eventually changed to CS. Someone may have seen the article and tried to paint, what looks like a stencil, the GT/SC. Very different.
Doug

PS maybe this is the prototype scoop ;)

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Yeah, I thought about the prototype scoop thing too, but alas, I couldn't convince myself it was. As I gather, the car was repainted in early '80's and had a LOT of fiberglass to cover rust - all this after an accident (they replaced the fog lights with the wrong ones (but I still have the correct/original Lucas mounting bolts and spacers). I figure the stencil was a misguided painting bloak who forgot to take photos before the paint job and the grand daugter (who was driving at the time of the accident) didn't pay much attention once fixed.

Anyway, just for fun!