• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pre-school Test

Mosesatm

A group of pre-schoolers were asked to look at the attached picture and say which way the bus was heading. I think we all agree that the only possible answers are "left" or "right".

All the children gave the same answer, and it was correct.

Any adults out there know the answer?

It stumped me.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Forward ????? I see 2 headlights and its moving forward. I guess it could be the back of the bus with the taillights.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I said that too, but that's not the answer.

Those are the wheels. It's going either left or right. You're going to do this :frust: when you hear the answer, and why.

case12

I would say, "to school". But I dont know the answer. I have a pre-schooler, so I will take the pic home to him and ask him and let you know what he says. I promise not to look at this thread until I get the answer from him. Casey

68gt390

The answer is probably as plain as the nose on our faces. But, as with everything else adults do they try to analyze everything and still come up with the wrong answer. I have no idea. So, in this case I'll leave it up to the experts in these matters (pre-schoolers). :rolleyes:

Don

luisa2552

Well I don't have a pre-schooler but I asked my 10 year old and she said to the right. I have no idea myself.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The answer is either left or right. You can't just pick one without explaining your answer....and it's so easy!

My wife works with a group called, "Discover U". It's a 4-day personal growth program that a lot of our managers have gone through. They also have a program for high school juniors that incorporates some of the same exercises as the adult program. The kids look at the problems at the most basic levels, work together and solve most of the problems in a flash. The adults, on the other hand, negotiate, bicker, fight, and over-analyze everything to death until their time runs out.

Just a sidenote: Mike Jones, the founder of "Discover U", was a Houston cop and he got tired of dealing with so many fouled up kids so he started this program, at first working with kids only. He then realized that the kids were not really the problem and all his hard work was being wasted on them.

Since it was obvious where the problems really laid he now directs most of his attention towards the adults.

Kids absorb and retain everything so screwed up adults create screwed up kids.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

joedls said:
I couldn't tell you why, but my 4 year old said left.

Your 4 year-old is smarter than all of us!!!!!!!

It's going left because there is no door on the drawing. The door is the most important thing to kids but we adults couldn't care less about where the door is.

Looks like those detective genes of yours have been passed on Joe.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mosesatm said:
Your 4 year-old is smarter than all of us!!!!!!!

It's going left because there is no door on the drawing. The door is the most important thing to kids but we adults couldn't care less about where the door is.

Looks like those detective genes of yours have been passed on Joe.

Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense. How does a pre-schooler know where the door on a bus is? Oh, well. So much for my theory.

BroadwayBlue

I was thinking the same thing Arlie!! :grin:
I was going to ask my pre-schooler and after reading your answer post thought ... she doesn't take a bus ... she wouldn't know that.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Maybe it's because they normally get in on the right side of the mini-van.

BroadwayBlue

I don't have one of those either :grin: the Mrs refuses to drive one of those or a station wagon.
And even minivans open up on both sides now ... nice try though.

Diesel Donna

BroadwayBlue said:
I don't have one of those either :grin: the Mrs refuses to drive one of those or a station wagon.
And even minivans open up on both sides now ... nice try though.

I pulled up next to a hot rod station wagon once and the lettering in the back window said NO mini-vans!

p51

Diesel Donna said:
I pulled up next to a hot rod station wagon once and the lettering in the back window said NO mini-vans!
Saw bumper sticker once that said "My dog is smarter than your honor student"... got a real kick out of that. :smile:

Diesel Donna

I always wanted to make up a bumper sticker that says: My son has perfect attendance at San Quentin State. :rofl:

case12

I finally asked my 4 year old. He said with enthusiasm, "That Way!", pointed to the right, and then ran back to playing his video game. (I dont know if he knows right from left). Casey