• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Picture of my CJ motor, torn down to install correct parts

390cs68rcode

Stopped by the shop today and snapped a few pics of the motor after being torn down. We are putting on the correct carb, intake, alternator, pcv system, smog system, hoses, AC, timing chain, water pump and a few other things. We are also going to do a repaint of the engine compartment and engine. Hopefully it should be complete next week when I get back from my cruise.

whenever I see a motor like this all I can think is this is the same as me and you having our fly's down, seems kinda personal when you see an engine like this. :wink:

engineteardown.jpg

68gt390

Jason;
Kinda gives a new meaning to the word "Naked". Would they consider this to be "Indecent Exposure". :rofl:

I can relate to this photo. This is what my GT 390 Coupe looked like last year.

Don

Attachments

• Rebuild.JPG
    Rebuild.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Rebuild 1.JPG
    Rebuild 1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Rebuild 2.JPG
    Rebuild 2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 19

68sunlitgold

Jason,
what is the canister looking thing in the upper left corner by the A/C heater water valve? It looks like the A/C vaccum canister but if it is it should be in, or behind, the inner fender. I attached a pic of the one I installed in my coupe when I put in factory air.

Doug

Attachments

• vacuum canister.jpg
    vacuum canister.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

car was not originally a AC car so there are incorrect things on it and placement of items are a little off. I wish it was a 428 factory AC car, those are rare. it does have a correct factory AC system on it now.