• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS on ebay

bish

Looks real clean from the pictures.
Noticed it has a a/c upgrade
I'm not too keen on the interior, I like the factory look.
You thinking about purchasing it?

StraightSix

I took a look at it too. It looked very nice, and I didn't notice any incorrect GT/CS items. I could do without the velour seats, though, but that's a fairly cheap fix if you feel the same way. Complete interior kits can be had for around $550, so just the seat covers would probably only cost you ~$150.

-Winston

OP
OP
R

rocketeater

Yeah, I am thinking of buying it. It looks pretty smooth. How can you tell the ac has been upgraded, what am I missing? Also, how much could this thing realistically sell for?

Also, I just noticed my screen name, "rocketeater" sounds really faulic, just want to clarify, "rocket" as in "rice-rocket"--i just realized how bad it looks and sounds!! anyways, thanks for the feedback.

RacingFan

It does look pretty solid, let us know what you are going to do! This forum is a great way to pass information. What ever we can do to help, please ask!
On a less serious note, I would say that rocketeater does leave alot of room for interpetation....lol. Maybe consider ricebeater...er..that may not be right either. :D
But definately change the I'm a Llama to something like.."don't even think that it means what you are thinking it might mean...." hehe. Anyway, welcome to the CalSpec forum!

68sunlitgold

what Bish is talking about is the car has, or what looks like factory A/C but the compressor has been replaced from the old York or Tecumseh to a updated model probably a Sanden. The Sanden is much more effiecient, and quiter.
Doug

bish

Yup,
68Sunlitgold is correct in what I saw.
I'm fond of that color as mine is Highland Green too.
Hard to say what it could sell for. I'm no expert there.
Good Luck!

OP
OP
R

rocketeater

I had the oportunity to drive it, and it was flawless, I typically would think the pictures were adjusted for photoshop, but let me tell you, the car is amazing!! I am guessing this time next week, I will be the proud owner. Will definately keep you all posted.

and notice, I am no longer a Llama! ;D

68sunlitgold

rocketeater,
good luck on the bidding, it looks like a great car and if you had the opertunity to drive and see it in person, then you have a step-up on everyone else. keep us posted!!
Doug

x-codegtcs

I know this is late and the bidding is over, just one thing of concern is the "claim" of FACTORY/ORIGINAL GT Wheels. Since it is a C-code, it should not have been elibible for the GT package. So do not treat it as a GT without getting proof from FORD or a Marti report.

Beauty of a car though!

Bryce

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Good eyes folks. So rocketeater, were you the high bidder? Have the seller disclosed the reserve price?

Many times deals can be struck after the auction if the seller is willing to talk. Some sellers will use Ebay as a price gauge and when their reserve isn't quite met they may come down on price to make a sale.

RacingFan

Good point Jon, thats exactly how I bought mine. Reserve wasn't met, I went in and offered a few hundred less than the last bid. He was happy to get the deal, as it was in upper Mass and didn't have alot of exposure other than Ebay. His buy it now price was $14,000 , high bidder at that time was $8800. I picked it up a month later for $8000. Not bad...just take your time. Good luck Rocketeater!

Dave

OP
OP
R

rocketeater

Well, I told you all I would keep you posted on the outcome of the auction. I am happy to say that I am the new owner of one of the sexiest cars my eyes have ever seen. I can easily say that whenever I am behind the wheel, i have a huge smile on my face! So my next question for you guys is who else has a hard time sitting through their workday, anxiously awaiting to get back behind the wheel?
I am ordering up a Marti Report to verify GT-in all honesty, I wont cry about it if it's not, to happy with what I have!

68sunlitgold

rocketeater,
As xcodegtcs pointed out before, if you purchased the car in the aution listed, it can not be a GT because it is a 289 and they where not eligable or the GT option in 68 like they were in 67. You had to purchase a 302 or bigger to get the GT option.
Doug

x-codegtcs

GT or not, I LOVE the Marti Reports - worth every penny. It is nice to have some history on the car (Deluxe report) and have a confirmation of how it left the factory. I recently found out that two of my Stangs left the factory with consoles - so now I am on the hunt. The reports really surprised me with a list of the options they came with.

Good luck and happy driving!